Perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
I hear people always deceiving others by saying that perfection is not possible, which is a lie, we are made 100% PERFECT through Christ Jesus our Lord and have entered the new covenant ;'thy sins and iniquities I will remember no more.'
It says in 1John '..he who doeth righteousness is of God, and he who doeth is not is of the devil.' something around those lines.
In Romans ch.6-8 paul talks about being dead to sin, we who are in Jesus Christ are indeed dead to sin. We were baptized into the death, burial and ressurrection of Jesus.
Let no man deceive you the word constantly says about this topic, because there are they that deceive others by saying that perfection is impossible, which is a lie.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
ities I will remember no more.'
It says in 1John '..he who doeth righteousness is of God, and he who doeth is not is of the devil.' something around those lines.
In Romans ch.6-8 paul talks about being dead to sin, we who are in Jesus Christ are indeed dead to sin. We were baptized into the death, burial and ressurrection of Jesus.
Let no man deceive you the word constantly says about this topic, because there are they that deceive others by saying that perfection is impossible, which is a lie.

So are you saying you are perfect? Check out the first "word" in your post! What are "ities?"

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
I fixed it, yes my Lord Jesus died for my sins, I have been baptized into his death (i.e DEAD to sin), buried it (repented), and rose unto new life with my Lord.

Now I am walking in newness of life with our Lord, and am a new creature.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
I fixed it, yes my Lord Jesus died for my sins, I have been baptized into his death (i.e DEAD to sin), buried it (repented), and rose unto new life with my Lord.

Now I am walking in newness of life with our Lord, and am a new creature.

Does this mean that you are no longer a sinner?

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
we were born in sin, but it does mean that we no longer live in sin, or serve sin. (Dead to it).

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People think they are so perfect that they can pray to the Father and omit the name of Jesus these days. Any body who thinks that they can go to the Father and omit the name of Jesus have no eyesight in that they cannot see the holiness of God nor the sinfulness of man.

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
This is about perfection I was talking to a man of god as I was talking to him he said your talking in the spirit as I was telling him this

How can a man be born again DO NOT SIN a few weeks ago I was selfish big headed self-centred and spitfull and all as I ever wanted was money ,well that person is now gone he has been shredded the person that standing here today in front of you I am a new person and for the rest of my life I will not sin and at the end of my life here on earth I will have achieved the first degree of perfection, then I will go onto the second degree of perfection the 3[sup]rd[/sup] the 4[sup]th[/sup] keep going up and up then eventually as Jesus and are father in heaven are perfect

As a man I can do nothing on my own, because the Holy Spirit is in me the Holy Spirit give me the grace of self control

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
This is about perfection I was talking to a man of god as I was talking to him he said your talking in the spirit as I was telling him this

How can a man be born again DO NOT SIN a few weeks ago I was selfish big headed self-centred and spitfull and all as I ever wanted was money ,well that person is now gone he has been shredded the person that standing here today in front of you I am a new person and for the rest of my life I will not sin and at the end of my life here on earth I will have achieved the first degree of perfection, then I will go onto the second degree of perfection the 3[sup]rd[/sup] the 4[sup]th[/sup] keep going up and up then eventually as Jesus and are father in heaven are perfect

As a man I can do nothing on my own, because the Holy Spirit is in me the Holy Spirit give me the grace of self control

To be holy and perfect like our brother Jesus and our Father in Heaven is indeed a process that takes time. And I agree that this can only be done with and through the Holy Spirit for with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

Matthew 19:16-21 And behold one came and said to him: Good master, what good shall I do that I may have life everlasting? Who said to him: Why asketh thou me concerning good? One is good, God. But if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He said to him: Which? And Jesus said: Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness. Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith to him: All these I have kept from my youth, what is yet wanting to me? Jesus saith to him: If thou wilt be perfect, go sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come follow me.

Based on what Jesus said, I would think that the first step to becoming perfect would be to sell everything one has and give to the poor. For me, that is easier said than done. I am not perfect, and I know that I am still a sinner.

In Christ,
Selene