PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #2607: My wife at our last Christmas visit to our daughter's home. I said last but hopefully it won't be. They live 50 miles away. We are wondering how this lockdown situation will be by this coming Christmas. My daughter has been here because she works at the hospital here, but we haven't seen her husband or children since last Christmas. My wife's severely compromised immune system makes her extremely vulnerable to anything contagious and me...so the family stays away.

In the next post # 2609 see me and my wife at our grandson's wedding in September of 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Yehren

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
View attachment 7197 Never more than an amateur myself, but I still take pictures. This is my pastor on his 94th birthday. I take pictures of him periodically each time thinking that these may the last one ever taken. He lives on...
@amadeus It must be lovely to have the privilege sometimes of spending an evening with him, talking about the Scriptures...

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the look of his bookshelf, mine are similar, but dust gathered :)
He has tons of books. He has slowed so much he generally only reads his Bible anymore, but with him that is enough. His memory is terrible, but he remembers lots of old testimonies. He received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1936 and was at that time baptized in a duck pond at an old fashioned camp meeting. He is very frail yet he gets around with a cane and he drives his car. Even with his hearing aids in, I have to look at him and speak very loudly for him to hear. Even then I may have to repeat a couple of times for him to understand. While his long trips by airplane are on hold because of the lockdown, he drove to Kansas City last month, a little over 300 miles one way by himself. He has made a couple of shorter trips out of town this last month. He won't stop until he cannot do anything else... He has an old laptop someone gave him recently. I loaded some of his music and his pictures in it for him and showed him how to work it. I hope he can, but I expect I'll have to show him again when I make my weekly visit to him.

A widower for 8 years and no children of his own, in spite of friends all over the country and the world, he is a lonely man. He used to travel to Israel every 18 months making more than 30 trips total... He converted a family there back in the 1960's and still visited them each time. He's only gone once now since his wife died. He calls them on the phone every few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus It must be lovely to have the privilege sometimes of spending an evening with him, talking about the Scriptures...
Unless something prevents it I spend 2-3 hours every Wednesday morning with him. We will usually have a Bible study which he enjoys thoroughly. He is so thrilled to see me that he would love it probably even if we never opened a book. This last week we did not because I spent so much time trying to teach him how to operate his little laptop. He will surprise if he remembers much of it... but then again when his wife died in 2012, my wife and I doubted he would last a year. God is not finished with him yet.

Reactions: farouk

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
50174944321_9c1b035716_b.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This image captures the kind of love that only grows over many years as a romance and a partnership. I was touched.
48 years last month... We're going for 50 in spite of all obstacles... Give God the glory for He is certainly the One that made it possible!

Reactions: farouk

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mrs. Yehren and I had our 50th last year. I was trying to think of a really good anniversary gift, when someone on line, commenting about my complaints about her filling the shed with her crafting stuff, said "sounds like she needs a she shed." And that sounded right. So...
49610512728_abf402c111_b.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Mrs. Yehren and I had our 50th last year. I was trying to think of a really good anniversary gift, when someone on line, commenting about my complaints about her filling the shed with her crafting stuff, said "sounds like she needs a she shed." And that sounded right. So...
49610512728_abf402c111_b.jpg
Seems like it was a great gift idea... :)

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Last weekend I wen for s ride, hoping to get a photos of one of our eagles. Stopped at my usual coffee place, than on way back went to te husual siting area, and was so unhappy to see a Whistling Kite fly off. Pooh I though, Than the Lords says, no wait, trust me, a few minutes later after wondering if I heard correctly, a Sea Eagle flies right past me, missed it I thought, but it seems God had other ideas, i watched as a crow hounded it, and it turned back, gave me time to set up and get this.

Sea Eagle2 Crop.jpg

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I can see that many, quiet happy hours will have been spent in there...

From about March to August, it's not nearly that clean. Excess potting soil is supposed to fall into the sink, and then into the bin below. But it gets everywhere. Have to sweep and blow it out periodically.

Reactions: amadeus and farouk