PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I got my shed back. Except for the potting table, which is still there.
40661131261_7c8d7a6e32_b.jpg

But that is a garden function, I suppose.

That is a nice shed

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a nice shed

I had to upgrade the solar system; it just wasn't sufficient for lighting and charging the mower and other batteries. Much better now. Looks a little random, but it works fine.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following this are two pictures from 1969 when I was student in Radolfzell located in West Germany on the Swiss border. The first one is me with some other students. The other is a picture I took from within an old ruined castle of another hill in the distance near Radolfzell.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks a little like the greenish cast Agfa sometimes would do. Or very old negatives. One of those.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks a little like the greenish cast Agfa sometimes would do. Or very old negatives. One of those.
They were very old color slides. I stored them in closets and attics for decades and finally in a garage in 2012. It was then that I bought a scanner with an adaptor to scan those old slides dated from 1964. I bought my Minolta in S Viet Nam which I used for decades until it became necessary to buy a replacement. Before we downsized to move into our little apartment in 2013 that huge box of slides [thousands] had to go. I worked on it for months. Now all I have of them is what is in my computer. There was no room to store them any more and my slide projector caput in any case.

I still have most of my black and white prints [and many color ones], but I also have scanned most of them as well. I still have several hundred left that I work on from time to time trying to get them all into the computer before I run out of time. I do hope my family appreciates how much of me is invested in it so they will be able to review a bit of the past in pictures...

Reactions: Triumph1300

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They were very old color slides. I stored them in closets and attics for decades and finally in a garage in 2012. It was then that I bought a scanner with an adaptor to scan those old slides dated from 1964. I bought my Minolta in S Viet Nam which I used for decades until it became necessary to buy a replacement. Before we downsized to move into our little apartment in 2013 that huge box of slides [thousands] had to go. I worked on it for months. Now all I have of them is what is in my computer. There was no room to store them any more and my slide projector caput in any case.

I still have most of my black and white prints [and many color ones], but I also have scanned most of them as well. I still have several hundred left that I work on from time to time trying to get them all into the computer before I run out of time. I do hope my family appreciates how much of me is invested in it so they will be able to review a bit of the past in pictures...
@amadeus Sounds like they would be a treasure trove, albeit needing work to collate them all...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Sounds like they would be a treasure trove, albeit needing work to collate them all...
Sorting them by dates and names has been one of my ongoing projects for years. I have two main parts to my pictures folder in my computer. One is chronological beginning in 1918 with a single black and white foto of my father as an infant. The other is according to people's names, this one being especially helpful since for some pictures neither I nor my wife nor anyone left alive is able to precisely date some of them. I have a few older pictures of relatives who we are unable to identify. Those remain problematic.

There is some interest in my pictures. I have one granddaughter [in post 2605 above] who has been ostracized by her father and syblings and had no pictures of anyone when she left several years ago to live with her mother and attend school. I have sent her a few sets of pictures so far and will be sending her another batch soon.

If I could find someone interested in my postage stamps among younger relatives it would really thrill me. I helped both my son and daughter start collections when they lived at home, but they lost interest many years ago. Now I have been working on selling them all very slowly via a stamp club, but with 100,000 plus stamps and many that won't be sold in my lifetime I would still help any interested youngster. It does require a special type of person to work on something like that. The detailed study of differences in designs, color, watermarks, face values from countries, [many dead countries] and historical scenes can be absorbing. I have always loved it. I started collecting when I was about 8 years old when it really was the most popular hobby in the world... Now the old collectors are dying and most younger people find other things to fill their time.

Reactions: farouk

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really like the Gas Town district. Only been there a couple of time, but yes, it does have a lot of the same feel as Seattle.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorting them by dates and names has been one of my ongoing projects for years. I have two main parts to my pictures folder in my computer. One is chronological beginning in 1918 with a single black and white foto of my father as an infant. The other is according to people's names, this one being especially helpful since for some pictures neither I nor my wife nor anyone left alive is able to precisely date some of them. I have a few older pictures of relatives who we are unable to identify. Those remain problematic.

There is some interest in my pictures. I have one granddaughter [in post 2605 above] who has been ostracized by her father and syblings and had no pictures of anyone when she left several years ago to live with her mother and attend school. I have sent her a few sets of pictures so far and will be sending her another batch soon.

If I could find someone interested in my postage stamps among younger relatives it would really thrill me. I helped both my son and daughter start collections when they lived at home, but they lost interest many years ago. Now I have been working on selling them all very slowly via a stamp club, but with 100,000 plus stamps and many that won't be sold in my lifetime I would still help any interested youngster. It does require a special type of person to work on something like that. The detailed study of differences in designs, color, watermarks, face values from countries, [many dead countries] and historical scenes can be absorbing. I have always loved it. I started collecting when I was about 8 years old when it really was the most popular hobby in the world... Now the old collectors are dying and most younger people find other things to fill their time.
@amadeus Well, the photo seems to show an elegant, confident adult who seems very mature and cultivated; hard to believe she is only 25...

(So she's probably not into stamps herself...)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Well, the photo seems to show an elegant, confident adult who seems very mature and cultivated; hard to believe she is only 25...

(So she's probably not into stamps herself...)
No, no stamps for her. She completed Chef's School in Chicago and then moved to Florida where she is studying Oceanography. If the latter doesn't pan out, she has the other one to fall back on... She talks about marrying her boyfriend, but she is able to make it alone if need be.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was into stamps as a kid. And the stamps became entry points to learning about other nations, other languages, and history. I remember wondering how "ΕΛΛΑΣ" meant "Greece." And that story went down many trails, each one interesting, about misunderstandings, historical issues, and cultural differences.

Long story, and every nation's stamps have them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was into stamps as a kid. And the stamps became entry points to learning about other nations, other languages, and history. I remember wondering how "ΕΛΛΑΣ" meant "Greece." And that story went down many trails, each one interesting, about misunderstandings, historical issues, and cultural differences.

Long story, and every nation's stamps have them.
When I was a kid almost everyone was into stamps. As I said without exaggeration, it was then the world's most popular hobby. Between my job and my stamps, I was so immersed in them both in the 1990s that God took a back seat for about 10 years. Then desperate to come back to God, I took early retirement from my job and reduced my stamp collecting time back to almost nothing and God took me back with open arms.

Now I no longer collect stamps. I simply sell them through a club and I would give stamps away to any interested young people. I have sold thousands of stamps since I started selling nearly 15 years ago, but in the overall numbers I have scarcely made a dent. If I die before my wife, she'll call in some dealer and sell them at whatever he'll offer which would be much. Most of them would be worthless to old collectors who already have most of what I have. But that's OK. My enjoyment of the hobby remains in the identification and sorting for sales. I still have thousands of stamps in boxes unsorted and unidentified so there is always something for me to do when I have time. My Bible and prayer and forums use up most of my time, but once in a while I will work readying more stamps for sale. If my wife has to live on what I 'earn' from it, she would be in a whole lot of trouble.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Yehren

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Magazine Statistics 2.png
Here is a copy of what was happening to stamp collecting when I was diminishing my participation. Those were the highest volume magazines for stamps collectors in the USA. Their sales had been going downward since probably the 1980's. Probably only the two largest ones are still in operation today although I have not checked on them in a very long time. I have a lifetime membership in the Oklahoma Philatelic Society, but in order to survive it had to combined its sales division with those of Texas and about 6 other surrounding states many years ago.