PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good images considering it was so long ago.
They've been through the mill. I sent film to Hong Kong for developing while I was still in Viet Nam. For many years I had them [over 2,000 from Viet Nam plus probably that many more from other places in Europe, Dominican Republic, Mexico, etc.] in a huge box I carried around from home to home. In about 2007 I purchased a computer and a scanner that could catch the images from those old color slides at 16 at a time. Many of them had dust or something of the sort on them, but with that many slides I was busy for better than a month copying. I did not even consider that they might be dirty and did not check. Later when space was at a premium and the slides had been in an attic or garage for years I finally threw away the originals.

Back in the days before computers I used to look at them periodically on a slide projector. I bought the projector new when I got out of the army in 1966, but when the bulb would burn out as the years went by it got harder and harder to obtain replacements. Eventually no place carried them and I had to special order them. [No Internet in those days.] Finally I could not get them at all. Years passed before I got that computer and scanner and was again able to look at them through other than a small hand viewer.