PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They've been through the mill. I sent film to Hong Kong for developing while I was still in Viet Nam. For many years I had them [over 2,000 from Viet Nam plus probably that many more from other places in Europe, Dominican Republic, Mexico, etc.] in a huge box I carried around from home to home. In about 2007 I purchased a computer and a scanner that could catch the images from those old color slides at 16 at a time. Many of them had dust or something of the sort on them, but with that many slides I was busy for better than a month copying. I did not even consider that they might be dirty and did not check. Later when space was at a premium and the slides had been in an attic or garage for years I finally threw away the originals.

Back in the days before computers I used to look at them periodically on a slide projector. I bought the projector new when I got out of the army in 1966, but when the bulb would burn out as the years went by it got harder and harder to obtain replacements. Eventually no place carried them and I had to special order them. [No Internet in those days.] Finally I could not get them at all. Years passed before I got that computer and scanner and was again able to look at them through other than a small hand viewer.

Looks like we were both at the same time in the army.
I joined sept. 1965.
With the Dutch army, based in Germany, Nato war games.
Never saw any action. Enjoyed being in the army.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like we were both at the same time in the army.
I joined sept. 1965.
With the Dutch army, based in Germany, Nato war games.
Never saw any action. Enjoyed being in the army.
I joined in Aug 1963 for a 3 year term: Basic training at Ft Ord, Calif. [8 weeks]; Microwave Radio school at Ft Monmouth, NJ [35 weeks]; Danang S. Viet Nam [12 months], Ft Lewis, WA; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic [6 months]; & back to Ft Lewis for separation from active duty in Aug 1966.

In Viet Nam [and also in the Dominican Republic] there was combat around us but I worked within the confines of the Danang U.S. Air Force Base an area secured as we did provide main line communications for the entire country of South Viet Nam as well as for the Armed Forces. All of their telephone lines went through my equipment.

The 4 soldiers in our company who were killed were stationed in Pleiku another radio station in the country. The only time I normally carried a weapon with me was when we had to drive periodically to our northern station in the city of Hue about 50 miles to the north. Those trips had to stop when President Johnson sent in the first sizeable number of American combat troops in January of 1965. Things were happening before that date, but I guess the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese were really provoked at the time. Who was right or wrong? I don't know, but maybe that was important to the families of those who never came home. We lost 4 out of a company. How many died after that? Nearly 50,000 Americans. Why?

Reactions: tsr and Triumph1300

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought I'd try this icecream...

Cause why not?

IMG_20210222_163339450.jpg

Last edited:

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This little fella tried to reach out and touch me this morning...

...poor little guy, probably just wanted to be noticed...

IMG_20210302_052120386.jpg

...had to be desperate to go for a mug like this:

IMG_20210302_052245936.jpg

...ha.haa...

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
benny.png

Benny decided this is where he is sleeping tonight. He is doing that "Oh are you doing something? I don't care," cat thing. (1 of my 6 cats.) Usually wake up surrounded by 3-4.

Last edited:

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMG_20210306_073847021.jpg

Shabbat shalom!

Synagogue bound and then Hebrew class today...yaaaay!

*I know...my eyebrows are trying to...take...over...the...world...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She looks so tiny in your hands John. So sweet.
She was then. They brought her to see us again about 2 weeks ago and now she is a chunk. These tired old hands had to hold onto her more carefully this time... I believe she has more than doubled her weight.

Reactions: Tone