PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went out hiking today and I'm really glad that this was at a far enough distance away from me. o_O (Lol I'm not sure if @Mayflower would have stuck around long enough to snap a picture regardless of how far away it was from her. :p)

IMG_20210513_153013_2.jpg

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a Caladium apparently.

Caladium - Wikipedia

"Caladium /kəˈleɪdiəm/[2] is a genus of flowering plants in the family Araceae. They are often known by the common name elephant ear (which they share with the closely related genera Alocasia, Colocasia, and Xanthosoma), heart of Jesus,[3] and angel wings. There are over 1000 named cultivars of Caladium bicolor from the original South American plant.[4]"

Hmmm, that's interesting, "Heart of Jesus"...

What makes you think they're the same?

I got caught in the rain leaving work today, so I stopped in at some little Italian deli and had a chicken parmesan sandwich (it was really good), and those plants were right by the front door... absolutely gorgeous, they looked and felt fake, but they were real!

Reactions: April_Rose

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But those caladium leaves aren't serrated, while the ones I ran into are...