PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's get up there and reinforce that roof! ..and the walls....It still look goods...after some fix up work
. Problem is, I never put a solid foundation under it. Just a bunch of heavy blocks I cut out of big logs. They have been rotting and sinking into the ground. It's on a small hay meadow 40 miles out in the sticks, all overgrown now with trees.....nature is taking back the area. I found a bear skull in the cabin.... About a short distance away is the main cabin, two floors, also logs, also sinking into the ground. I will post a photo of that one later.....

Reactions: Brakelite and APAK

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Two regular visitors to my yard came and visited this morning. Both have families, the Raven having two, and magpie has brought his new brood yet to visit. IMG20211019112237.jpg IMG20211019112351.jpg

When listening to the Raven, it is little wonder Noah chose it first to leave home.
Oh, and the above two don't get along.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watching some threads on this forum makes me do this. :)View attachment 18182
Well here's another head-twister...so they have Moose jockeys in Canada?

80937547abf67fe7553400f4e6e666b5.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first encounter with stories and pictures of the Jackalope occurred when I moved to Wyoming in 1985...

What is a Jackalope?
A Jackalope is a creature that is thought to be a strange jackrabbit and deer or antelope hybrid. It is characterized as having the body of a rabbit and the antlers of a deer. Most of the depictions of a Jackalope show an animal that has horns that are branched like that of a deer, but there are some variations that show the creature with the smooth horns of an antelope.

The first Jackalope in America was supposedly caught in 1829 by a trapper named Roy Ball. There are conflicting stories that seem to point to a more likely alternative, but many legends simply dictate that the origin of the American Jackalope started with Ball in the early 1800’s. In addition to this, when the Jackalope was first stuffed, mounted, and put on display in 1934, many tourists were told that the legend of the Jackalope could be found not only in the legends of the wild west, but also in the history of Europe and Persia.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My first encounter with stories and pictures of the Jackalope occurred when I moved to Wyoming in 1985...

What is a Jackalope?
A Jackalope is a creature that is thought to be a strange jackrabbit and deer or antelope hybrid. It is characterized as having the body of a rabbit and the antlers of a deer. Most of the depictions of a Jackalope show an animal that has horns that are branched like that of a deer, but there are some variations that show the creature with the smooth horns of an antelope.

The first Jackalope in America was supposedly caught in 1829 by a trapper named Roy Ball. There are conflicting stories that seem to point to a more likely alternative, but many legends simply dictate that the origin of the American Jackalope started with Ball in the early 1800’s. In addition to this, when the Jackalope was first stuffed, mounted, and put on display in 1934, many tourists were told that the legend of the Jackalope could be found not only in the legends of the wild west, but also in the history of Europe and Persia.
About 30 years ago, I was invited to a party at the clubhouse of the local chapter of an outlaw bike gang. When I got there, up and down each side of the street were, perhaps, a hundred, of the nicest-looking Harleys I've ever seen!
Once I got past the barb-wire fence and CC camera, I made my way inside the house. It was just like being in a Hollywood movie! I soon realized these guys were just a bunch of dudes partying. Big dudes. Potentially bad dudes. But basically just guys. I've known worse people who were not bikers.
Anyway, beer in hand, I shook many hands bigger than mine by the time I reached the other end of the room. I was more than a little surprised when I saw that the centerpiece of the wall was a jackalope! I laughed!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
About 30 years ago, I was invited to a party at the clubhouse of the local chapter of an outlaw bike gang. When I got there, up and down each side of the street were, perhaps, a hundred, of the nicest-looking Harleys I've ever seen!
Once I got past the barb-wire fence and CC camera, I made my way inside the house. It was just like being in a Hollywood movie! I soon realized these guys were just a bunch of dudes partying. Big dudes. Potentially bad dudes. But basically just guys. I've known worse people who were not bikers.
Anyway, beer in hand, I shook many hands bigger than mine by the time I reached the other end of the room. I was more than a little surprised when I saw that the centerpiece of the wall was a jackalope! I laughed!
Okay, sorry, but call me dumb. Is this jackalope real, or myth?

Reactions: amadeus