Pick up where we left off

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ll put it as our friend BOL puts it, "why do you quote teh catholic canon"?. Actually he is wrong, because I quote the corrupt KJ version copy of the catholic canon. As you see if you look in teh front page of your bible, it is copyrighted. Who can sell or copyright Gods word??? No one. Than they say" but you quote the bible" and all I can say is well you dont listen to anything else.

Than teh other night I was discussing this with a friend, who said " but they dont have anything else", as I answered , that is not true, because "all" christians who come to Christ, are given the Holy Spirit, God is no respecter of persons, but what you do with Him is up to you, He can be a door stop or your teacher, that is entirely up to you.

See you and ozpen are arguing over scripture, the entire topic on "who is right " is just about that,

Luk 9:46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.
Luk 9:47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
Luk 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

But christians love arguing over scripture. What about God who cares we have teh bible. God loves to find

Psa 105:3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
Psa 105:4 Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

But so few do, these ones are like Golden needles Hidden in a Hay stack, hard to find but worth all the effort, but they are a rare commodity.

So go and read you bible, without revelation from God, it will just be head knowledge and adds not a single dot to your salvation, How much study does one need to determine" I am the way the truth and teh life says teh Lord".

I don't quote the Roman Canon. I quote the Bible.

If you think the King James Version is corrupt, why do you quote it? Do you study up on anything? Of course not. The King James Bible is not copyrighted. And I believe it is the only one. You may have a study Bible, which uses the King James, and that will be copyrighted. But just the King James Bible is not copyrighted. Everyone is free to use and copy it.

Christians love studying the Scriptures as they are the written Word of God. You ask what does God care about His written Word? You ignore the verses I gave you and don't present them. You ignore anything in the Bible that speaks against your heretical position that the Bible is not God's Word. I showed you what God thinks of His written Word.

All the verses you give are good verses. Great verses. Yet they say nothing about the Bible not being the Word of God. They say nothing about the Bible being an idol as you claim. And though you use the Scripture you call the Scripture an idol. As I have said before, you are a walking contradiction. A direct short from the negative post and postive post touching.

So, go ahead and stay in your safe cocoon of ignorance and denial of the Bible as the Word of God. That way no one can find you wrong because you can always say you don't go by the Bible. That way you don't have to do any hard work of study. Just know a few verses and then criticize everyone else who is not as ignorant as you.

Your ignorance does not make you spiritual. And your unbelief does not please God.

Stranger

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really appreciate you responding to my post. And I do agree we "are still in a measure carnal" as you said above. But, I'm concerned with how the Apostle Paul thought of himself, after conversion, compared with what he was before conversion.
21. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25. I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."

So, he was only carnal, before conversion, with one nature; but after he was converted he now had two natures, the flesh (carnal) and the new creation (spiritual). So, he was not carnally minded any longer, but now spiritually minded; with the old man being put to death increasingly in his life, by the Spirit.
And, since Paul served the law of God with his mind, I think he would not have called himself a carnal man any longer.
This distinction might not be a big deal. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I understand your point and it seems we really do agree although our words may not have communicated it very well.

I am reminded of the differences between King Saul and King David in ancient Israel. David would have been a shadow or type of where Paul was after his conversion.

David was called a man after God's own heart, not because he did everything right, but rather because his heart remained directed toward obeying and pleasing God even when he went astray. When he sinned and was according to law given to Moses was worthy of death [adultery and murder] and was made aware of the fact of and the seriousness of his sin, he was immediately repentant and willing to suffer the penalty. He blamed no one else.

King Saul, on the other hand, when he was confronted with his sins, denied that he had done wrong or blamed it on the people, and was more concerned about retaining a "good" image before the people than about what God thought about the matter.

Remember that King Saul and King David both received the anointing of God from the prophet Samuel prior to taking the throne.

David had the spiritual mind set needed while King Saul had the carnal mind set. The apostle Paul before his conversion was more like King Saul but after his conversion he was more like King David. If we were to choose between the two we should of course choose to follow the example of David, but even that is not where we should be looking.

Like David all of us have sinned, but our eyes should always be on Jesus as our perfect example. If we sin we can hopefully be found with David's attitude, but it would be better to get to the place on no sin with Jesus. We may never quite get there, but it should always be our goal rather than the less perfect ways of David.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your ignorance does not make you spiritual. And your unbelief does not please God.
My faith is in God, and I am not ignorant, go ans see where your bible came from. It didnt come from God, If it did there wouldnt be 40 differnet versions of it, it would not have any error, it would not be mis interpreted, and all who read it would be walking in the truth,see all you want is scripture, no more and all you as these will do is argue over "who is right", never go to Christ

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have lif

and so men have no life, because teh life is in His word, not teh bible,

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.

Ill leave you be.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So many christians missing out on the best things in God because they wont give Him teh time.

Eph_2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph_3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My faith is in God, and I am not ignorant, go ans see where your bible came from. It didnt come from God, If it did there wouldnt be 40 differnet versions of it, it would not have any error, it would not be mis interpreted, and all who read it would be walking in the truth,see all you want is scripture, no more and all you as these will do is argue over "who is right", never go to Christ

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have lif

and so men have no life, because teh life is in His word, not teh bible,

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.

Ill leave you be.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So many christians missing out on the best things in God because they wont give Him teh time.

Eph_2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph_3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Why are you quoting Scripture to me when it is of no authority? You attack me for believing Scripture, and say it didn't come from God. Yet you use it to prove your point. You're an oxy...moron.

Go wrap yourself back into your cocoon. Stay safe by being ignorant of and denying the Bible. That way no one can defeat your argument. Again, being ignorant of the Bible is not synonymous with spiritual. And claiming the Bible is not the Word of God is heresy.

You will leave me be? We will see how long that lasts.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And claiming the Bible is not the Word of God is heresy.
You have no interest in the things of God, like so many christians, just argue over the bible Sometimes I wonder why Jesus bothered, no onew seems to want anything to do with him, church, religion, bible, study all fine . JEsus not ineterested. Just like these
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
to busy doing.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no interest in the things of God, like so many christians, just argue over the bible Sometimes I wonder why Jesus bothered, no onew seems to want anything to do with him, church, religion, bible, study all fine . JEsus not ineterested. Just like these
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
to busy doing.

See, that didn't last very long....did it? Oxy...moron.

Stranger