Please describe yourself, regarding eschatology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't going to happen.

Wrrong. Scripture places immortality of the dead and living in Christ at the second coming.

Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Just as many scriptures show, immortality comes at the second coming (the last trump) and when the living are also changed into immortals.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

The word "incorruption" here is the same exact word "immortality" in 1Co 15:53 which proves when the saved dead resurrect, they are immortal.

The dead rise at the second coming and that is also when immortality takes place.

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

This is a second coming reference.

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

And as all the previous scriptures affirm, the bodies of the righteous will be changed to be like His body and that is when immortality is received.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe in a five month tribulation

The trib is 42 months according to Rev 13. The 5 months thing is not the tribulation against Christians but is from the 5th trump where the enemy harms it's own people, those who do not have the seal of God. Basically the 5 months of a different period of time is being confused for the actual length of the trib.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

That isn't the tribulation but takes place before the trib starts, in the 6th trump.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Scripture places immortality of the dead and living in Christ at the second coming.
None of those scriptures actually say that immortality is given to anyone at the glorious Return of Jesus. That information is given in Ref 20:11-15 After the Millennium and in Eternity.

Philippians 3:20-21 is a sequential Prophecy; the Return in verse 20, then the change to come after the GWT Judgment and the Book of Life is opened. Immortality is impossible before Judgment.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those scriptures actually say that immortality is given to anyone at the glorious Return of Jesus.

They do, which is why you cannot address them all directly.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In discussing eschatology, generally speaking, we all have variations in our basic view of things. Given that difference, results in the many varied opinions on a wide variety of topics.

So for this thread, please describe yourself, using your words. Share with others, so we will know where you are coming from. I will go first....

Douggg - I am non-denominational, pre-millennialist, anytime rapture view, futurist, non-dipensationalist - Christian.

I will try to keep up an alphabetically by screen name index with everyone's self description, alphabetically and post number #

3 Resurrections - post #10
6 Stories - post #16
Douggg - post #1
ewq1938 - post #3
Gottservant - post #13
Jack - post #15
Jay Ross - post #12
Keraz - post #5
Marty Fox - post #6
MatthewG - post #17
Michiah-imia - post #29
O'Darby - post #4
Randy Kluth - post #2
rockytopva - post #14
Stash - post #39
Tribulation Signs - post #7
Zao is life - post #8
I am a literalist who accepts symbology. I also keep things in theri proper grammar and historical setting for their writing. I am a pre-mil, pre-trib rapurist who believes the seals, trumpets and bowls are yet to come.

The 70th week of Daniel begins when the antichrist signs a 7 year covenant with Israel.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1712176934444.gifThe 70 weeks are done. That was a judgement on Israel,In AD34, Stephen was stoned. Right after, (S)Paul was converted, and the gospel was preached to the Gentiles.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In discussing eschatology, generally speaking, we all have variations in our basic view of things. Given that difference, results in the many varied opinions on a wide variety of topics.

So for this thread, please describe yourself, using your words. Share with others, so we will know where you are coming from. I will go first....

Douggg - I am non-denominational, pre-millennialist, anytime rapture view, futurist, non-dipensationalist - Christian.

I will try to keep up an alphabetically by screen name index with everyone's self description, alphabetically and post number #

3 Resurrections - post #10
6 Stories - post #16
Cassandra - post #51
Douggg - post #1
ewq1938 - post #3
Gottservant - post #13
Jack - post #15
Jay Ross - post #12
Keraz - post #5
Marty Fox - post #6
MatthewG - post #17
Michiah-lmla - post #29
O'Darby - post #4
Randy Kluth - post #2
rockytopva - post #14
Ronald Nolette - post #49
Stash - post #39
Tribulation Signs - post #7
Zao is life - post #8
I'm trying to figure out how this matters.

Still scratching my head over it.
What I believe is relevant only to me....not Bubba or my Brother Darrell or my other Brother Darrell.

Haven't seen anyone's eschatology match mine yet...so I don't think it's classifiable with labels or definitions...especially since I don't have a strong opinion about any of it.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, some Prophesies do tell of immortality.
It is when that will happen that we disagree on.
My contention and when the Bible says it will happen, is; ONLY after the Millennium, when the Book of Life is opened.

That's based on your belief that the book of life has to be opened (and mentioned in a verse to be opened) in order for immortality to be received but the bible doesn't support this idea.

All related scripture points to immortality happening at the second coming when the resurrection and change/rapture take place. There is zero mention of anyone receiving immortality after the Millennium.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michiah, is your screen last four "L" m "L" a ? Or is it "I" m "I" a ?

"L" as in later ?

or

"i" as in intellect ?

It’s inspired by scriptures:

“And the king of Israel called for one of his officers, and said, Fetch quickly Micaiah the son of Imla.” (2 Chronicles 18:8, KJV)

“imla”

i and L

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s inspired by scriptures:

“And the king of Israel called for one of his officers, and said, Fetch quickly Micaiah the son of Imla.” (2 Chronicles 18:8, KJV)

“imla”

i and L
Okay, thanks, for the explanation. In the opening post list I used a font style for the "i" that looks like an "I" in caps, so others would know your intent.

Last edited:

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 44047The 70 weeks are done. That was a judgement on Israel,In AD34, Stephen was stoned. Right after, (S)Paul was converted, and the gospel was preached to the Gentiles.

There are many errors with this preterism chart.

The baptism of Christ was not a confirmation of a covenant. Nowhere in Scripture that teaches the baptism is a confirmation of a covenant. God has already explained that covenant/testament won't be confirmed or made strengthened until someone dies. Read for yourself Hebrews 9:14-17. Christ confirmed a covenant at the Cross with His Blood. Period.

And explain how the bound of Satan for 1,000 years fits in this chart? When did he bind and when did he loosen?

Stephen stoned and AD 34 were NOT the consummation