Please describe yourself, regarding eschatology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In discussing eschatology, generally speaking, we all have variations in our basic view of things. Given that difference, results in the many varied opinions on a wide variety of topics.

So for this thread, please describe yourself, using your words. Share with others, so we will know where you are coming from. I will go first....

Douggg - I am non-denominational, pre-millennialist, anytime rapture view, futurist, non-dipensationalist - Christian.

I will try to keep up an alphabetically by screen name index with everyone's self description, alphabetically and post number #

3 Resurrections - post #10
6 Stories - post #16
Cassandra - post #51
Douggg - post #1
ewq1938 - post #3
Gottservant - post #13
Jack - post #15
Jay Ross - post #12
Keraz - post #5
Marty Fox - post #6
MatthewG - post #17
Michiah-Imla - post #29
O'Darby - post #4
Randy Kluth - post #2
rockytopva - post #14
Ronald Nolette - post #49
Stash - post #39
Tribulation Signs - post #7
Zao is life - post #8

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Postribulational Futurist and Premillennialist--non-Dispensationalist but high on Israel's ultimate national salvation at Christ's Coming. Some say my view of the Olivet Discourse is Preterist or Historicist, but I'm truly a Futurist interpreting the Olivet Discourse largely in an historical way with bare glimpses of Futurism. ;)

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am non-denominational, pre-millennialist, post trib rapture, futurist, annihilationist - Christian

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-denominational, highly-unlikely-any-of-this-stuff-is-literally-true-ist, possible-Christ-may-return-and-bring-an-end-to-things-ist, have-no-idea-how-that-might-work-or-when-it-might-occur-ist, pay-very-little-attention-to-Revelation-ist, just-hanging-on-and-watching-what-happens-ist.

Or something-like-that-ist.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am a Bible believing literal futurist [allegories excluded] What the Prophetic Word says will happen, will happen, I see no reason to doubt it.
I believe in God and the Salvation offered to all by Jesus, who is to come and reign on earth, after His enemies are made His footstool.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi i’m a partial preterist, Amillennialist and I believe in an anytime rapture right before the second coming of Jesus at the end of our world.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am an amillennialist with a belief that the Second Coming and the Rapture occur at the Last Trump on the Last day. The Amillennialism is basically:

After Satan was bound at the cross, and after the "allegorical" one thousand years, or after this "millennial reign" of the church on earth, Satan is again loosed on earth and once again attacks the New Testament congregation of God, the camp of the saints. Oh yes, what is called Amillennialism is the truth explained in the "allegorical" thousand-year reign. Just because you cannot understand it, doesn't make God's word of truth null and void. ;)

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm a non-denominational, literal millennialist (I believe the NHNE and the millennnium commence at the same time after the return of Christ, and that the thousand years takes place in the NHNE and ends after Satan is permitted to deceive the nations, just like it did in the Garden of Eden).

I'm a post-tribulationalist, non-dispensationalist (only one elect nation consisting of all nations including Jews and Gentiles in Christ) who believes the words of the prophets, the words of Christ and His apostles.

I see the spiritualizing, allegorizing and applying of symbolic meanings to the millennium, the promises in Ezekiel, Hosea and the prophets regarding the reunification of the house of Israel with the house of Judah, the restoration of ALL Israel to God and to land etc, as just as alien to Christianity as spiritualizing the bodily resurrection of Christ from the dead, and spiritualizing the resurrection of the human body from the dead, is alien to Christianity.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In discussing eschatology, generally speaking, we all have variations in our basic view of things. Given that difference, results in the many varied opinions on a wide variety of topics.

So for this thread, please describe yourself, using your words. Share with others, so we will know where you are coming from. I will go first....

Douggg - I am non-denominational, pre-millennialist, anytime rapture view, futurist, non-dipensationalist - Christian.

I will try to keep up an alphabetically by screen name index with everyone's self description, alphabetically and post number #

Douggg - post #1
ewq1938 - post #3
Keraz - post #5
Marty Fox - post #6
O'Darby - post #4
Randy Kluth - post #2
Tribulation Signs - post #7
So, you want to categorise folk by your measure. How do you do it? By extracting information, and I would ask, to what end? How is it at all useful or even necessary when it comes to Salvation? .......Hmmmm, basically it sounds like a familiar ploy used by those with an agenda for control of some type.

Last edited:

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe scripture's record of a past, Preterist fulfillment of the following:'

Rev. 20's millennium
1 Thess. 4 "rapture" of the resurrected saints who had died up until AD 70
Christ's bodily return at the second coming, with a GWT judgment
The first and second bodily resurrection events in AD 33 and AD 70
Armageddon, and the battle of Gog & Magog
The Great Tribulation and its "days of vengeance"
The Antichrist's coming and his destruction
The destruction of all Revelation's three Beasts
The death and eradication of the entire Satanic realm
The total destruction of all the souls of the wicked, dead before AD 70, in a "resurrection to damnation"
The launching of the NHNE conditions, with the unshaken New Jerusalem left remaining

I also believe scripture's testimony of the future, regarding:

The third bodily coming return of Christ, with a final judgment
The third bodily resurrection event for all the saints who will have died since AD 70
The total destruction of all the souls of the wicked, dead since AD 70, in a "resurrection to damnation"
Our planet purged of the presence of all human evil for all time to come - fit for all the family of bodily-resurrected saints to inhabit

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you want to categorise folk by your measure. How do you do it? By extracting information, and I would ask, to what end? How is it at all useful or even necessary when it comes to Salvation? .......Hmmmm, basically it sounds like a familiar ploy used by those with an agenda for control of some type.
The reason for the thread is stated in the open post. It is just helpful in eschatological discussions to know where the other person is coming from in the many posts that come up on a variety of topics.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

[...]
I believe the events of Revelation are repeated in different orders, throughout human history. The order in Revelation points to the time of human history from Christ to the end.

Thus there are many revelations, but one True Revelation.

This is borne out in the fact that God is able to Rapture above the Earth, on the Earth and beneath the Earth - and that God is able to save from the tribulation, before, during and after the tribulation.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as prophecies I believe that Isaac Newton was closest... And to fully quote the guy...

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half. -Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming may be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ's coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However Isaac Newton notes...

"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. - Acts 1

I describe myself as someone who knows not... But believes Isaac Newton was the closest.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A follower of Yeshua. Remember when the Lord said, he desires people to worship the Father in spirit and truth and seeks for his children to do so, faithfully?

I believe that Jesus came, back, but I’m not a pretrist however my view sees Jesus fulfilling the law and the prophets, including his own foretold promise to come back to gather bride of Christ in that day in age.

The Bible is helpful and useful for spiritual maturity when abiding in Christ, rooted and settled in faith, praying for all people, to Yahavah in supplications, and intercessions for others.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A follower of Yeshua. Remember when the Lord said, he desires people to worship the Father in spirit and truth and seeks for his children to do so, faithfully?

I believe that Jesus came, back, but I’m not a pretrist however my view sees Jesus fulfilling the law and the prophets, including his own foretold promise to come back to gather bride of Christ in that day in age.

The Bible is helpful and useful for spiritual maturity when abiding in Christ, rooted and settled in faith, praying for all people, to Yahavah in supplications, and intercessions for others.
Who / what is Yahavah?

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For things not on the chart:
The rapture will occur during the last plague before the millennium.
Those who are alive and belong to Jesus at the end of the millennium will be changed or made immortal while still on earth.
Heaven and earth will be dissolved, and a new heaven and a new earth will be created with a new mankind.
I wonder how many times this cycle has occurred.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God will let us know when the Rapture happens when it happens!