Please explain this.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your concern and prayers, Grailhunter. :cool: Hopefully, it is not a lost cause.:(
You are too smart to do this. You know the word. I call on Christ to speak to both of your hearts. You know that forgiveness heals both parties.
Lets see some of it...maybe you can teach me a thing of two.

Reactions: Nancy

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hebrews 6:4-8
"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned."

Who is it that was "once enlightened"? The unsaved? No. This scripture clearly shows that one CAN walk away from Jesus. The work He began in us is completed IF we finish the race set before us.
"...and then have fallen away..." Fallen away from what?

John 15:10
"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love."

I don't want to bombard you with scripture verses as, there are so many cross references to these verses but...we might have to agree to disagree brother. ♥

I don't want to answer for Farouk, Nancy but I think he would agree when I say that those who fall away from the path of faith are those who find the world much more enticing than loving and serving Christ. Like Lot's wife, they turn back and are lost. I don't believe they ever had the indwelling Holy Spirit. My nephew was raised in the church--but, he fell into sexual sin when he was in university and he hasn't (so far, at least) come back to faith--calls himself a deist. Sadly, he seems well on the way to becoming an alcoholic. His current live-in girlfriend complains about the drunken quarrels they have had. I hope and I pray for him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to answer for Farouk, Nancy but I think he would agree when I say that those who fall away from the path of faith are those who find the world much more enticing than loving and serving Christ. Like Lot's wife, they turn back and are lost. I don't believe they ever had the indwelling Holy Spirit. My nephew was raised in the church--but, he fell into sexual sin when he was in university and he hasn't (so far, at least) come back to faith--calls himself a deist. Sadly, he seems well on the way to becoming an alcoholic. His current live-in girlfriend complains about the drunken quarrels they have had. I hope and I pray for him.

Ok you ladies are in Hebrews, and Hebrews is great, but there are a few scriptures there that are unique. Not standard Christian theology.
True as they are, but not exactly what you think.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are too smart to do this. You know the word. I call on Christ to speak to both of your hearts. You know that forgiveness heals both parties.
Lets see some of it...maybe you can teach me a thing of two.

For what it's worth, I do not harbor any unforgiveness toward "God'sGrace". I also do not feel "wounded". What would you have me do?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew :( Such a powerful thing, prayer. I will also pray, now that your nephew remember his "first love".

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I do not harbor any unforgiveness toward "God'sGrace". I also do not feel "wounded". What would you have me do?
I have doing debates all my life...mostly with people I respect, and in person or in emails. People here weaponize scriptures and shoot them like machine guns, neither side proving anything or learning any thing. As smart as you two are, you should be curious why scriptures can support both sides and try to figure that out. There in those answers are the wisdom that the rest miss. Neither one of you are far off. Reach a common ground and you may be able to teach some of us a lesson.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
John's First Epistle speaks of the mighty assurance available to the true believer.
NO NO NO.
This is verse ping pong.
I don't play that game.

You stated something.
I disagreed and posted scripture to support my statement.

NOW it's up to YOU to exegete what I posted so that you can prove to us all how YOU are right.

Not because I want to be right...but because this is a serious theological question.
If you've noticed it's the ONLY debating I'll do.

EXEGETE PLEASE.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have doing debates all my life...mostly with people I respect, and in person or in emails. People here weaponize scriptures and shoot them like machine guns, neither side proving anything or learning any thing. As smart as you two are, you should be curious why scriptures can support both sides and try to figure that out. There in those answers are the wisdom that the rest miss. Neither one of you are far off. Reach a common ground and you may be able to teach some of us a lesson.

God'sGrace has already boldly said, in no uncertain terms, that she is not here to learn anything (see post #783, for her statement of such in her item #5 and my responses). Since she doesn't feel that she needs to be taught anything, there is little hope that we can figure anything out together. You have said that "Neither one of you are far off". What did you mean by that? :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God'sGrace has already boldly said, in no uncertain terms, that she is not here to learn anything (see post #783, for her statement of such in her item #5 and my responses). Since she doesn't feel that she needs to be taught anything, there is little hope that we can figure anything out together. You have said that "Neither one of you are far off". What did you mean by that? :)

Who can we be more than a student of Christianity? Who knows the mind of God? You two are good people. Change your course. Your differences are not that different and not un-reconcilable. Christ knelt in the garden and asked His Father, basically, is there any other way? There is another way for you two.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
(see Acts 20:27) If Paul thought it wise to teach the "whole counsel of God" shouldn't we? He warns the Ephesians in Acts 20:30.
I simply trust what Jesus said.
Can't make it any clearer than that.
If Jesus said it...it's true.
He's God. I like to listen to God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Those who do not continue in the faith were never in it.

We don't rely on us 'keeping it up', but it's God's grace working in us

He is "able to save" (Hebrews 7.25).

He is "able to keep" (Jude 24).
Very nice.
But you're playing verse ping pong.

WHAT were they falling away from?
Why did they have to continue?

Please go back and answer my verses,
I will not answer anymore of yours till you do.

PLEASE EXEGETE THE VERSES I GAVE YOU
Or ADMIT THAT YOU CANNOT BECAUSE THEY ARE TRUE.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mmm...yes, my born againness does imply the hope of going where God is and seeing Him face to face and not being on this crappy circle any more. So...yes, my born againness does have that hope.
ok well then that implies that some other ppl have to go somewhere else, a pit you might say, and it implies many other things, all that have Scriptural discussions attached to them already, for you, yeh? Avoid them with me all you like, avoid them with God at your peril imo if you have seen Me, you have seen the father.

wadr imo you have anthropomorphized God all the way into a soul now, right, someone, person, with "Whom" you might one day sit down to tea and have a convo with, yes? And while i would love to believe the same, i just dont think that is going to come true. Elohim may already be heard where they are, see. And you would not want to be hearing unfiltered Word anyway, think dogs and thunder, but like xxx

as to the circle, you can leave any time you like bro, i suggest now, and not waiting til morning! Ha! You wont run out of towns, right

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I simply trust what Jesus said.
Can't make it any clearer than that.
If Jesus said it...it's true.
He's God. I like to listen to God.

Then are you discounting the rest of the Bible? That is what is meant by "the whole counsel of God".

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
oh in bidness def you gotta kill them with kindness lol
"never tell the truth to a white man" seen that one yet?
lol
Not about the white man.
Maybe I've been gone too long.
But KILL 'EM WITH KINDNESS....yes.
But I could always tell when it's fake.
And I'm naturally kind...sometimes!
LOL

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who can we be more than a student of Christianity? Who knows the mind of God? You two are good people. Change your course. Your differences are not that different and not un-reconcilable. Christ knelt in the garden and asked His Father, basically, is there any other way? There is another way for you two.

God is ALWAYS changing me through His Holy Spirit. But He will not change those who feel that they have no reason to change. Jesus wept over Jerusalem because they would not come to Him.

Reactions: farouk