Please Help. I Fear I Committed These..........

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OCD-style anxious is different than a normal person's anxiety.
But we don't know the person in the OP to make that determination it could just be a lack of faith and a fear of hell and personal sin that makes the person feel unworthy, scared and anxious. I've known people like that over the years and the old fire and brimstone preachers had that effect on people once upon a time.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we don't know the person in the OP to make that determination it could just be a lack of faith and a fear of hell and personal sin that makes the person feel unworthy, scared and anxious. I've known people like that over the years and the old fire and brimstone preachers had that effect on people once upon a time.
Lavender said she/he was diagnosed with OCD. which I trust them. And considering they display that OCD behavior here, that's a pretty solid case in my mind.

Obviously this is something a proffesional should be involved in treating, hence my recommendation to seek therapy.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lavender said she/he was diagnosed with OCD. which I trust them. And considering they display that OCD behavior here, that's a pretty solid case in my mind.

Obviously this is something a proffesional should be involved in treating, hence my recommendation to seek therapy.
I missed the OCD , sorry about that

Reactions: Jane_Doe22
Aug 29, 2020
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are you linking a person concerned and anxious about their salvation or lack thereof with OCD ?

Those are not the same thing. An anxious person is not a disorder its a lack of trust in the Lord and His promises.

Matthew 6:25-34
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6-8
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

hope this helps !!!

Anxiety is a mental illness FYI. And so is OCD. Now your saying I'm wrong to feel this way bc of me fearing of losing my salvation????? Wow

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anxiety is a mental illness FYI. And so is OCD. Now your saying I'm wrong to feel this way bc of me fearing of losing my salvation????? Wow
Sorry I was not aware of the OCD and I was only talking about anxiety from a biblical perspective with those passages. I meant no harm to you. I apologize for offending you.

I will opt out of this thread.

Reactions: Lavender Purple

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Blasphemy against God, Jesus, and/or HS

Selling my soul to the devil

Having the mark of the beast on me

Committing the unforgivable sin

Only a believing Christian can commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, it simply means that if you know the Truth (Christ), but willfully deny him, its unforgivable. I don't personally think any believing Christian can commit that sin.

Your soul isn't yours to sell, nor is it the devils to purchase.. God said, "All souls are mine" (Ezekiel 18:4).

The 'beast system' has yet to arrive, so you can't possibly be possessed by it.

So fear not, "He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

4HizGlory37

Sep 17, 2020
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Committing the unfohrgivable sin

If you have the mark of the beast, you would not care... you would have to worship the beast also and renouce the Name of Jesus. Did you make a pact with the devil? Did you sign a contract? Did you grieve the Holy Spirit? You just rebuke all these condemning spirits and start reading and feasting on the Word of God. Build up your faith in the one True Living God, Jesus and that can be done by reading His Word, daily! Make time, wake up early in the morning, read, and pray. Talk to Jesus, He is there and He loves to have us come to Him and spend time in the secret place with Him.

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus

Committing the unforgivable sin

As long as you are living on this earth, there is no unforgivable sin. Repent, turn to Jesus and He can cleanse you from your sin. He desires us to live a life without sin, but He offers us the opportunity at any time to turn away from our sin and make a new life with Him. After that, "Go, and sin no more".