Please Help =(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I once pretended I bought a computer from the last fiscal year, when actually it was after that - because I wanted to save on tax.

One day I plucked up the courage to report it (it was years later), and they told me they don't have records further back that five years (or something like that).

The Holy Spirit will give you peace, you've just got to trust Him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am wondering what is the best option for me.

I obviously cannot keep any of it, as it is not mine.

How ever, I do not see returning it to the store to be an easy option either due to the quantity and the fact that I can not handle any legal troubles right now.

So now, what do I do with this stuff?
Stores that suffered the lost of original cost and profit margin of items, due to your theft, were afforded some relief via the taxing code.

I would suggest you send an a short to the point letter to the stores you stole from; Corporate Office apologizing and expression of regret AND your hope for THEIR FORGIVENESS for your theft. (Anonymously)…which means, they will neither prosecute you OR will you KNOW IF they FORGIVE you.

Further:
Items you still have… Arrange for a Shelter, Thrift store or Goodwill store, etc. to come pick up the remaining items. (Don’t know what the items ARE, so you decide what items should appropriately go where).

Obvious:
Your own circumstances do not appear you can PAY the COST of what you stole.
Regret and Apology IS a “start”.

Obvious:
Whatever you “give” away….DO NOT make a “tax claim” for the “donation!”

Your theft was a “TRESPASS” against the store and trickle down to employees and consumers.

God IS a Forgiver of Trespasses, When the Trespasser IS regretful, and makes Amends as he is able.

The “starting” (regret, apology, amending) is Followed By…A TURNING AWAY from that Behavior, AS IT SEEMS IS THE PATH YOU ARE DESIRING, AND IS THE WAY OF Gods DESIRE FOR YOU.

According to Gods Word, He will Bless your Efforts to put aside Wrongs and DO what is righteous.

Welcome to the forum, AND receive Gods Forgiveness, Corrections, Blessings with Love and Joy in your Heart.

Glory to God,
Taken

sadone

Sep 13, 2023
Na
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stores that suffered the lost of original cost and profit margin of items, due to your theft, were afforded some relief via the taxing code.

I would suggest you send an a short to the point letter to the stores you stole from; Corporate Office apologizing and expression of regret AND your hope for THEIR FORGIVENESS for your theft. (Anonymously)…which means, they will neither prosecute you OR will you KNOW IF they FORGIVE you.

Further:
Items you still have… Arrange for a Shelter, Thrift store or Goodwill store, etc. to come pick up the remaining items. (Don’t know what the items ARE, so you decide what items should appropriately go where).

Obvious:
Your own circumstances do not appear you can PAY the COST of what you stole.
Regret and Apology IS a “start”.

Obvious:
Whatever you “give” away….DO NOT make a “tax claim” for the “donation!”

Your theft was a “TRESPASS” against the store and trickle down to employees and consumers.

God IS a Forgiver of Trespasses, When the Trespasser IS regretful, and makes Amends as he is able.

The “starting” (regret, apology, amending) is Followed By…A TURNING AWAY from that Behavior, AS IT SEEMS IS THE PATH YOU ARE DESIRING, AND IS THE WAY OF Gods DESIRE FOR YOU.

According to Gods Word, He will Bless your Efforts to put aside Wrongs and DO what is righteous.

Welcome to the forum, AND receive Gods Forgiveness, Corrections, Blessings with Love and Joy in your Heart.

Glory to God,
Taken
Thank you so much for this!

Please read my updated post below.

Reactions: Taken

sadone

Sep 13, 2023
Na
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
UPDATE:

I have taken some time to look into the safest way to return the product.

I have decided that my best option will be to hire a criminal defence attorney to be my middle man. I will ask that they can arrange to have the boxes brought to their office and dropped off to the store by a 3rd party on my behalf, along with a card that says, "Im Sorry".

For any other places that I may of taken things from, I feel a parcel containing the items sent through the mail to the head office or business, along with a sincere apology should be my best option.

Any thing from a store that I can not reach by mail for some reason, I plan to sell the item and donate the proceeds to a good cause.

I also want to make the largest donation I can afford to make, to a good cause that will directly help people in some way.

Does anybody see any thing wrong with any of this?

TY

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Taken

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big box retailers that sell expensive cosmetics rent that space out....the merchandise is paid either at the cosmetics desk or through another register but basically its not the big box store that actually pays for them due to shrink/theft. Perfume space is rented as well....sort of...their products are what is referred to as rubber banded...meaning only sold to the store as it actually gets sold at the register.

So....where the stores are responsible for deterring theft as much as possible...the store itself didn't lose much except store brand items stolen and some clothes labels.

And stores as well as cosmetics companies deal quarter to quarter on the stock exchange....so depending upon how long ago you stole this stuff...it's probably accounted for already. (Marked down as shrink in the books)

But that doesn't change what you have done or how to fix the part broken inside of you or how to get rid of the stuff you stole.

You can't give the stuff to charity...(the wages of a dog or prostitute are unacceptable to God)
Can't sell it.
Statute of limitations went out on anything after 2 years.

So...you got a huge mess. Yours to clean up in some way. Of course you can't use any of it either.

But...

On the bright side....God don't care who you have been, He cares about who you are.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UPDATE:

I have taken some time to look into the safest way to return the product.

I have decided that my best option will be to hire a criminal defence attorney to be my middle man. I will ask that they can arrange to have the boxes brought to their office and dropped off to the store by a 3rd party on my behalf, along with a card that says, "Im Sorry".

For any other places that I may of taken things from, I feel a parcel containing the items sent through the mail to the head office or business, along with a sincere apology should be my best option.

Any thing from a store that I can not reach by mail for some reason, I plan to sell the item and donate the proceeds to a good cause.

I also want to make the largest donation I can afford to make, to a good cause that will directly help people in some way.

Does anybody see any thing wrong with any of this?

TY
We are all naturally born with the Fault of Not knowing God.
AND…the natural process of growing, hearing, learning ABOUT God…
AND…personally deciding, choosing to BELIEVE in Him…or NOT…
AND…personally hearing, learning God’s WAY He desires us to choose to LIVE, according to His WAY.

* NO DOUBT…learning His WAY, and FOLLOWING His Way; (while mankind IS ALSO, hearing, learning, being encouraged and instantly rewarded FOR following the majority of MAN’S WAY….IS an individual’s biggest life-long struggle)…
* AND…ONCE an individual Decides/Chooses to SORROWFULLY TURN ABOUT FROM the majority of the World of Man’s WAY, and INSTEAD Follow, Commit, Confess his Allegiance TO God, and Gods WAY…
* God Himself, by, through, of Christ the Lord has Offered mankind THAT VERY OPTION.
* AND…without RESERVATION, God Himself SHALL FORGIVE ALL Wrongs and Trespasses THAT man committed Against other men.

In Brief…
God Knows your Heart’s thoughts…
God Sees your Efforts to make amends…
God Has already Forgiven your Trespasses…
God Has already Accepted you WITH Him…

It is a brave act on your part to share your past deeds and path you have chosen to make amends.

The New Testament reveals a similar situation regarding Saul/Paul, whereby Saul (as Paul) himself reveals his own Past deeds of Trespasses AGAINST men who were Followers of Christ Jesus AND Saul’s awakening to the TRUTH (and thereafter) AS Paul, Did a Turn About: as an Advocate and Follower of Christ Jesus.

(Back-story)
Saul was a Pharisee, Preacher of OT Jewish Laws to the Jews.
Saul (His Jewish Name) Became identified as
Paul (WHEN), He accepted Jesus IS the Christ, (WHO Himself) “FULFILLED” the OT Jewish Law.
Any LAW, “fulfilled”, becomes MOOT, (unnecessary) to BE AGAIN “fulfilled”.
The DEATH of Jesus’ Body, fulfilled the OT Law ONCE.
The DEATH of any human mans BODY, which DIES in Heartful BELIEF IN the Lord God…AS WELL….HAS ONCE, fulfilled the Law.
(Physical Death of that man….OR as God Offered to man….by, through, OF Jesus….the mans spiritual bodily DEATH…called:
Crucified WITH Jesus.
(which…that man HAS Fulfilled the Law)….
AND the Promise of God, IS FOREVER, God SHALL BE WITH that man, and THAT man FOREVER WITH God. <—> That became Paul’s destiny….same as ANY earthly man who Freely Chooses THAT PATH.

IN POINT…your efforts are noted by your own confessions. Trust God will lead you to that which HE accounts as righteous.

God Bless,
Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: sadone

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repent sins to God. Don't try to con Jesus. If your sincere ??.
I'm not judging you or criticizing anyone.
Stealing is wrong.
Its written in Hebrew, God chastises those who He loves.
If your in Gods sanctuary ?? You be corrected by Jesus. If God does chastisement on you. You better kiss the paddle, say thank you, and move on.

Next. Apply to ssa for help. Have medical documents.
Or get good paying job.
When your financial situation is ok. Start mailing money orders to the poor !!.
You will have to earn God's trust !,.
Prison will destroy you. Throw it out in dumpster.
God knows what you did. God will correct you on His time schedule.
Don't think I'm covering for you. I'm not.
You better repent, and get honest income rolling in, and start helping the poor.
Dignity is important. Don't repeat the same mistake.
If you dont repent, and get homest living. And help the poor. Your going to Sheol.
It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
Documentation, psalm chapter 73 and Luke chapter 16, Richman and Lazarus Analogy by Jesus.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born and raised im a Christian home, which Im very proud of.

How ever I fell away from my faith and I lost my path.

5 years ago I began taking things from a number of businesses ( but mostly 1 big box store) that did not belong to me, and over a 3 year span I collected roughly 25 000 or upwards of small items.

I have been selling it off slowly to turn a buck to help pay the bills since I am not doing too well financially (chronic medical issues)

I presently have about a dozen large boxes full and this is after I have already sold about 1/3 of my original supply.

I recently had some tragic event take place and I want to change and no longer be involved with this way of living.

I am wondering what is the best option for me.

I obviously cannot keep any of it, as it is not mine.

How ever, I do not see returning it to the store to be an easy option either due to the quantity and the fact that I can not handle any legal troubles right now.

So now, what do I do with this stuff?

Keep in mind these are small items, hundreds of them. Its not something I can drop off or even feel comfortable mailing to the store for obvious reasons.

I dont even have a car and I havent shared details of my horrible deeds with ANYONE so I have no one to turn to for assistance in any way.

If I told anyone I know theyd probably never speak to me. I come from a good family so Ive got no excuse.

Please help me do the right thing and clear my conscience, and do right by God.
Please no shaming! I already know I was wrong.
I just want to correct this as much as I can, with out throwing myself completely under a bus, so I can begin to move forward and start living for God, with grace and class.
TY
To me, this comes off as a "moral dilemma" an unbeliever would invent to try to make Christians give bad answers so as to indict themselves as lawless, tbh.