Please pray for Aimee - my granddaughter.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just heard an update on Aimee from my daughter:-

She was same as yesterday. Still no MRI or LP, and no doctor came in to give an update. So we’re still non the wiser.
She was brighter today. Megan and Rebecca - her sisters - came with me and the three of them were chatting. Megan did her hair and gave her a facial whilst Rebecca and I massaged her feet and hands.
She can lift them about a cm of the bed. She has feeling but the muscles are so weak and signal from her brain just isn’t working.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
praying for your grandie :pray: Blessings and Peace! xox
Thanks Angelina.

I had an update from my daughter this morning and it's looking like it may be weeks if not months and wheelchairs were mentioned. She is the Intensive Care Unit with one to one nursing as she can't do anything for herself; she can't feed herself or even press the buzzer for the nurse. She thinks they will send her down to the open ward but her nurse thinks otherwise. Her mum and dad will go over to Liverpool to spend Christmas day with her.

Beverley has bought her a new iPad which can be voice activated so she has something to hold her interest instead of just lying there.

Also because she has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder they are worried about her already fragile mental health. So it is a big biggy.

Reactions: Adam and Angelina

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Latest update from Beverley :-

MRI and LP results are back…everything looks completely normal.

So they still now have no idea and they don’t think it’s gullian barre but they’ve put her on steroids and she’s had her hair washed and one of the nurses have French plaited it for her

They think it’s still an inflamed spinal cord related, and have told her she won’t be out for Christmas

They’ve told her today with any spinal inflammation it gets worse and worse and then starts declining and they think she’s reached her spike point and is now classed in recovery.

Reactions: Adam and Wynona

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Latest update from Beverley :-

MRI and LP results are back…everything looks completely normal.

So they still now have no idea and they don’t think it’s gullian barre but they’ve put her on steroids and she’s had her hair washed and one of the nurses have French plaited it for her

They think it’s still an inflamed spinal cord related, and have told her she won’t be out for Christmas

They’ve told her today with any spinal inflammation it gets worse and worse and then starts declining and they think she’s reached her spike point and is now classed in recovery.
So do they think once the inflammation goes down that she will recover the use of her muscles ( with therapy ) In some respects I am so pleased the MRI and tests were normal. That gives hope xx
It sounds as if she has amazing family support Pearl xxxxxxxx

Reactions: Pearl

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am asking for prayer for my 24 year old grandaughter, my daughter just sent me this message a few minutes ago. Ray and i prayed immediately.

Letting you know that Aimee is in ICU at Royal Liverpool Hospital. She went to A&E on Wednesday evening with left side muscle weakness and she has steadily worsened and now can’t move any limbs. They’re monitoring her for lung function in case they weaken too as she is a little breathless already. CT scan didn’t show anything so she’s waiting for MRI to rule out neurological issues and then they will do lumbar puncture as soon as they can Xxx
Prayer said.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for the doctors to have good discernment from God and that she will be healed.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for your prayers and I'm pleased to say we have some better news today. Aimee is feeling slightly better today. She’s been on steroids for a couple of days now and has some slight movement in legs and arms. They hoisted her into a chair for an hour yesterday. Doctors have gone back to the original idea of Transverse Myelitis which was as an after effect from flu/covid a couple of weeks before. She is getting regular physio which is helping loads. God is good.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all for your prayers and I'm pleased to say we have some better news today. Aimee is feeling slightly better today. She’s been on steroids for a couple of days now and has some slight movement in legs and arms. They hoisted her into a chair for an hour yesterday. Doctors have gone back to the original idea of Transverse Myelitis which was as an after effect from flu/covid a couple of weeks before. She is getting regular physio which is helping loads. God is good.
Good news!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Update. Thank you to all who are still praying. This is not going away any time soon. But the good news is she has been moved out of the intensive care unit but is still in a room by herself. On this ward visitors can go in any time during the day. She now has slight movement in her right hand, still can't feed herself or get out of bed but is a bit down today.

After Christmas they will do a lot more tests of blood etc and when the results are back from the lab the neurologists will meet together to decide what it is and how to treat it and then she will go to a specialized unit. They still haven't ruled out viral induced transverse myelitis or MS so it is still very much an ongoing thing and worrying for all concerned.

My daughter and son-in-law are frazzled as it is a five hour round trip to go to visit her and that's if traffic is good. So prayer definitely still needed.