Please Pray For Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank E. Schreiber

Feb 4, 2022
Blackshear
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that where ever I walk the Lord holds my hand. But I am feeling very weak. I feel so alone. I know that he is holding my hand right at this moment as I type. But I still feel so alone.

I feel that I have dug a hole that I can't escape. I feel the dirt collapsing in on me. I am so close to being able to move out from here but she is so POISONESS that it feels almost impossible. No not almost impossible, it truly feels like she is being led by satan and I by The Lord Our God.

Every turn I try to take to escape she shuts it down. Now it's my long time dog. He is the closest being to me other than the Lord. She has her name on the papers for him and says I cant have him if I leave.

It's truly like satan is using this, I PRAY, soon to be ex wife is trying to kill any hope of me having a happy life. I do not want this woman. I do not hate her. I pray for her DAILY to have her heart become soft and work this divorce out.

I am at the point now that I feel totally helpless. Everywhere I turn she spins it into her owning it and I cant have it.

IN 23 YEARS SHE NEVER HAD A JOB! It is all MY money that bought anything.

This situation I've allowed is the most difficult situation that I've ever been in in all my life. Granted the Lord has protected me from any difficult situations in the past, but this is driving me insane.

I am in No Way Suicidal as I and you all realize that we must depend on God to lead us through this darkness and suicide is not an answer and in His eyes not tolerable. I have way to much happiness to reap in the future as I have sown good crops.

It just really got ugly today. I really think that satan is driving her spirit. She speaks that she is Christian yet curses many people, never forgives, cheats, steals. I see all this. She hides it from me as I just pray for her. But she just seems to be getting darker and darker.

I am just so broken at this point. I know that the Lord will not give us more than we can handle. But Guess What?.....Dear Lord My God, I profess to You and all that read this that I can't take much more. I feel I'm at my breaking point.

What does that mean? That means just getting in my car with the 400 that I have saved and leaving all behind and just driving South. South because I will be sleeping in my car.

Maybe thats what the Lord wants me to do. I have no idea as I am so lost and empty except for when I am praying. And believe me my prayer barely ever stops. Thats why I know He hears me.

Good Lord My God I wish I could hear You!

Just please pray for me. Please pray for God to lead me down His road as I am truly lost and hurting. Broken.

I am truly a loving and caring soul. Just so Broken at this point.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bad news is that the scripture everyone misquotes, says God won’t let you be tempted to sin beyond what you can bear, but provides a way to escape temptation.

Amplified bible

1 Corinthians 10:13 For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently.

But the good news is, you’re not supposed to bear anything - He tells us to cast all our cares on Him, and let Him bear them for us - below is different versions of 1 Corinthians 10:13, I like the last one the best.

(KJV) Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

(ASV) casting all your anxiety upon him, because he careth for you.

(ESV) casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

(ISV) Throw all your worry on him, because he cares for you.

(YLT) all your care having cast upon Him, because He careth for you.

(GNB) Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you.

(NET) by casting all your cares on him because he cares for you.

(TPT) Pour out all your worries and stress upon him and leave them there, for he always tenderly cares for you.

God also promises to give us peace that passes understanding when we pray specific requests to Him with thanksgiving:

Php 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

I interpret this to mean praying about your situation to Him with much Thanksgiving to Him, and He will give you supernatural peace of mind about it.

And I don’t know the specifics of everything that’s going on like a Christian counselor you go to in person (such as many churches have available), but I can say that in general a Christian in your situation should forgive her (and act like it) love her, and pray for her - because scripture doesn’t release a Christian from their marriage covenant, even with an unbelieving spouse, unless there is adultery, who wants to remain married to you.

But if you are physically in danger, that’s the same as desertion by an unbeliever.

What you really need is to find one of those Christian counselors in a bible believing church, because they will know your situation in detail, and I don’t.

In the meantime I will pray for you.

God bless.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After I got in that KIA with my mother-in-law, 10 cats and a dog, and drove for 3 days to my new destination, did I let myself cry and and think, this is it. I didn't want to face it. I always held out for hope knowing in my heart of hearts that it was never gonna happen.
I had no money, no job, and I was going back to a place I hadn't been to in a long long time.
I blamed my father for my mother's death. She was sad all the time and lonely.
He spent all his hours working or sleeping. He wasn't happy either. I could tell.
My mom had a heart attack one morning while vacuuming the floor. I was 300 miles away when it happened. I got the call that said, mom is in the hospital get here as soon as you can.
I don't remember the five hour drive from Boston to Bangor, I just know I made it there in less time then I ever had before.
I arrived at the hospital. They had just revived her from another attack. As the night wore on they revived her twice more.
She made it home but she could no longer see. She couldn't do the checkbook or the bills. Something had changed from the heart attack.
She felt useless and burdensome.
My dad still went to work, even though he was retired. I think he just wanted to escape.
Doctor's said she was doing fine. But I think depression got a hold on her.
I still lived in Boston and was working full time. Took some time off to help her mend.
I was told to come back to work or I would be replaced... so I went home.
A year later I received a call.. it was my dad. He never calls.
Your mother didn't wake up this morning. Come up when you can.
I blamed him.
Now I'm living in his house by his rules... which change with the wind.
I have choices. I can leave but that means giving up my cats. Not too many places will accept 8 cats.
Or I can stay and just deal with whatever comes my way.
I love my cats. They give me a reason for getting up in the morning. They give me a reason for cleaning the house and the litter boxes and going to the store to make sure they have food.
How did I get here?
Now my dad just turned 87 last week. He can't walk. He has gout real bad. The meds give him diarhea. And his girlfriend doesn't have a stomach for that, so he comes and stays with me. I wash him and clean him and listen to him criticize everything I do.
But he needs me. And I need him.
Because sometimes I feel like running away and just leaving it all behind... I've done that twice already in both my marriages.
Just walked away.
Over the 5 years that I have been here now, I've gotten to know my dad a little better.
He leaned on my mom for everything. Paying the bills, raising the kids, keeping the house..
and now she was gone.
He found a new family and left the old one behind.
And that was where I was at while driving that KIA back home.
What was waiting for me when I got here.
It hasn't been a picnic. His girlfriend hates me and I don't know why. Jealous maybe. Maybe she thinks I'm here to claim the property.
She is a gold digger by the way and a hoarder.
I never said anything mean to her, tried to be nice to her. Now we just ignore each other. It's easier that way.

You can't change the past. You can only move forward. There are always choices to make and crossroads to take.
You can stay where you are and hope things work out, even though you see the writing on the wall,
or you can try a new path and see where that leads you.
It may not be what your looking for, but it may be what you need.

I'm a lot stronger now. I don't blame anyone anymore. Things happen and the world goes on.
You can hold on to the past or you can let it go and move forward.
I'm here now because I choose to be, not because I have to be.
I have choices.

I'm praying for you. Praying God gives you the strength to let go and Let God.
Hugs

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano