Please pray for me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
Please, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ,pray for me that I put my hope and derive all my strength from Christ.Sometimes I suffer terribly from loneliness... please pray that I continue to search for contentment in Christ and that my faith builds.I want so much to do God's will- please pray that I don't get distracted and that I listen closely to our Father.Please pray for me.thank you. All Praise be to our Lord.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Just did
smile.gif

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
Stlizzy.... What you are talking about is what God is working into us through all things in our life...no matter where we go or what we do, he is the author and finisher of our faith...and never abandons that post toward them who He calls His....But I hear the cry or the plea, and have felt it before also...and realize today after so much, that it all comes down to ....our will. In a certain season, as you know how God quickens things to you sometimes...it became so very real to me that not only does God allow us a free will, but insists on it! I had a habit that had me...and my husband was trying to help me keep it under control...and one day said God told him not to do that anymore, but to put it back in my hand because God told him....it had to be my choice.I never forgot that. I felt it as true in my heart at the time...knew it was from God and know today. So when we plead with God and others to help pray for us that we will be surrendered... so that we can walk in the high places in God...God is saying to us....I can and will bring you...out of any holds that you are in...to a deeper walk or higher place with me...I will give you your heart's desires, if your desires are in my will and not the world...He will do for us what we can't do...that's not the problem or struggle....the struggle is us surrendering...It seems to be mostly about Surrender....not just the first surrender to Christ that got us saved...but continual surrender to love God most...with all our heart and soul and mind...above our will which very often resists God, or any things we have allowed to be exalted in our hearts or minds or body above him...We are still in a natural form, and still face the resistance of the flesh...and of a will that isn't perfect...and this will of the flesh resists our surrender...constantly in many ways....Fight the good fight of faith....it's a constant fight...a constant being on guard...and victory for us is by constantly putting our face in God's heart...If we love and want him most...pray without ceasing...listen and hear His voice always...seek his face always....this is the way...and only we can put ourself in this place....and we can, no matter how this mortality fights us...we can overcome...resist the devil and he will flee from us....and resist this flesh and it will become weak also, while Christ in us strong...