Please pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are we now and why?

Consider the short life of Stephen [Acts 6 & 7]. Where was his happiness and comfort with his family in the flesh? He stood up for God and was stoned to death.

Consider the very comfortable faithful Job... until he lost all that he had in the flesh.

How long must we suffer? Why must we suffer? Perhaps the quicker way of Stephen would be better according to our flesh, but that is not how it is, is it?

What is God's purpose? What is ours? When is it we are to be like Him? When is it we are to see His face?

Praying for you sister!

'
Thank you John. It is so wonderful! to see you post and comforting. I hope you and your wife are doing well.

You know I ask a lot of questions. Sometimes the same ones over and over. My counselor this week mentioned I need to consider my mind and what I think on. She suggested writing down things I do have control over and then the things I do not have control over. And to focus more on the positive things I can do instead of what “I can’t.” At the time when she made this suggestion I never considered God but everyday life things. But now I’m considering…as I lay in bed last night…how i have no control over God. I was really considering this. How I do not have control over how He chooses to reveal Himself. I have no control over how He chooses “when we see Him face to face.” It really helped because I hadn’t considered how much He would come up in things I have no control over. Sometimes I feel like a child stomping my feet demanding God do it this way. I’m still thinking about what I do have control over and what I do not.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all of your prayers. Please continue. Update is I’m struggling at work. It is cvs and I thought at least I could handle the front register. But yesterday after being there a month I kept making mistakes mentally just not getting it. I’m alone on register a lot because I’m the evening girl…most preferring the morning shift. The lines kept getting back up and my manager kept having to come help me get unstuck; one customer after another customer. She is super nice but was getting irritated saying when she came to help “what is it now honey.” I wanted to cry. I wanted to walk out. But getting out helps. But then I’m hit with struggling to do my job. Customers don’t feel good when they come in and get really upset at my mistakes. The managers kept telling me to appear confident, or to act so. Point is …what has been discussed here in this thread of wanting a purpose to get up. It really hurts to struggle with what others do easily. Like I’m in a mental cloud that I can’t get through. I want to throw up my hands and scream “what!? What am I to do?!” I can stay. But day after day seeing customers lined up and frustrated…I feel defeated and unable to pretend with what continues to happen over and over.
I'm continuing to keep you in prayer, you come to mind throughout the day and I will lift you up. The battlefield always starts in the mind and it is very hard to see through our struggles, much less rise above them.

" Like I’m in a mental cloud that I can’t get through. "
Sister, I so feel your overwhelmness and despair...yes despair! We know where our help comes from yet there are many mountain that can be so magnified in the mind that we, yes "...throw up my hands and scream “what!?" Been there many times.
I'm praying for clarity and peace AND joy in your life.
Thank you for sharing such deep struggles, makes it much easier to pray for you!