Please pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to seem superficial but speaking of times when I’m happy. Having Hope is one. But that comes and goes. Strange is I’m an anxious mess who often ends up in the ER and sometimes I see others around me in the ER that have it worse…but they speak, they smile and start up a conversation. Not about God or church…but they talk. I mean people weak physically also and instead of depressing me …which the hospital should…for a short time I see there is real purpose here, plenty of usefulness and needfulness to each other. What makes me happy I think is getting my focus off myself. But life and circumstances is smothering isolating and alone. For a while now it made me hopeful and happy to help my mom. But now I just feel helpless. Ultimately to me it is the question of the OP: what is the point? That would make me happy. being able to see there is a point and doing that…instead of what is the point?
I have zero hope in this world . but my hope is in the LORD . Knowing full well that the end of a lamb is a joy
forever with Christ . The only reason i am here is to point to Christ , other than that its useless .
HOPE abounds all things . But if our hope is in the world and on our cirumstances , IT aint gonna last
cause it aint even real hope .
Suffering dont feel good and that is a fact . Do all to point folks to Christ
that is our mission and purpose for even being here . AND DONT expect results to be always positive either .
Meaning most folks are gonna reject you .
Understand that .
IF i expected good from this life and from people i would long ago have crashed in despair and ended all .
FOR most folks cannot stand me , they despise me , they refuse to hear .
BUT that aint on me . I simply do for their sakes and if they dont hear its on them .
This world aint our home , the new heavens and the new earth will be .
And in this world we are gonna suffer . MANY are the afflictions of the righteous .
I T HINK the problem is the churches have sold out to the YA BEST LIFE NOW and HOW THINGS are supposed to GO OUR WAY
THEY AINT . BUT that dont mean we cannot have hope . HOPE IN CHRIST , its the only HOPE that can and will endure
anything and everything that will and is to come against us in this life . HOPE IN CHRIST . REMEMBER
at any time we could one day be HOME with HIM . TILL Then armour up and march on in the LORD .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me there has been two types of depression. About eight years ago I was depressed and in a dark place but the difference was I still had strength to push back. I still had strength to address or seek or kept positive as in “it will get better.” Even though depressed back then I would walk in the woods and pray. I was determined. Having the energy to tread water as fast as I could to keep my head above the water.

I thought that was depression. But it pales in comparison to now where there is no strength left to seek, to push back, or to walk and pray with enthusiasm. This is different for me…deeper and darker if that makes sense. I hope that I won’t look back again later and think…wow this is far worse…maybe it is only because I’m in it. But not having the gung-ho to stand up and confront it…makes it feel worse.
Depression can come full circle, and Satan has a heyday with us when in this state of mind. I've always been somewhat "depressed" but, always went away as there were things to look forward to, plus there was work!
Motivation takes a dump, thoughts from the enemy are constant.
We know the Word, know that many will say "you are a Christian, you should not be depressed!!" They can judge and give all the pat answers from their own POV and even scripture, but in the end, they have zero idea.
We need purpose, a reason to get up every day. My prayer for both of us, as well as any others who might be able to relate is that a door would open, that we would actually have something to actually look forward to. And, serving Him in some way goes a long way!
xo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is why are we so alone . The LORD is in control and yet often folks pray and pray
LORD bring me those who love truth and just want to focus on you and yet when even those are brought to one
they end up leaving them too . The problem is not GOD , its us . DEEP Down what do we really desire .
ALL i know is all i ever wanted was for folks to LOVE every word that CHRIST and the apostels left us .
And yet many do not . They cant let go of a part o themselves that desired something that exalts self .
Example . I know of some who DO desire fellowship with lambs and yet when lambs come along
they dont like the truth they bring that exposes women leadership over the church .
That means the problem still lies within that person . Cause GOD was looking out for the person
HE brought lambs into their life , but once something got taught that opposed their own personal view point
They didnt want fellowship with that person anymore .
THE THING IS we better ALL START OVER in the bible and beleive What was simply wrote .
I aint the monster just cause i dont approve of women pastors . IT AINT biblical .
I aint the monster . Or paul was too . And a real big thing to also examine is
IF women were to lead , how come not one single apostle was FEMALE . AND this is not an attack against women
cause i saw many women who had much faith in that bible , even when peter ran .
BUT THE POINT IS not one of them were to be a leader . I WISH TO GOD folks would abandon some of these teachings
going on in these churches . WE COULD HAVE HAD SUCH GREAT PEACE
Brother, this is kind of off topic and, can you not just try to empathize and just pray for our sister??

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depression can come full circle, and Satan has a heyday with us when in this state of mind. I've always been somewhat "depressed" but, always went away as there were things to look forward to, plus there was work!
Motivation takes a dump, thoughts from the enemy are constant.
We know the Word, know that many will say "you are a Christian, you should not be depressed!!" They can judge and give all the pat answers from their own POV and even scripture, but in the end, they have zero idea.
We need purpose, a reason to get up every day. My prayer for both of us, as well as any others who might be able to relate is that a door would open, that we would actually have something to actually look forward to. And, serving Him in some way goes a long way!
xo
That door has already been opened . ITS JESUS . HE ALONE is the ONLY HOPE i have .
IT sure dont come from this world . This world offers me Nothing but one thing . DEPRESSION
Focus on JESUS and HOPE IN HIM can lift us up out of the greatest pit . But when we focus on our problems
WOE TO US it just feels worse than ever . The DOOR has been opened for the abundant life .
ITS JESUS . in this world many will be the afflictions of the lambs , BUT THE LORD IS WITH US THROUGH IT ALL
and if we make HIM THE FOCUS , the JOY OF THE LORD IS OUR STRENGTH . THERE truly is an answer
to everything we go t hrough and endure , ITS JESUS . ITS JESUS . And one day i LOOK FORWAR TOO
, well the ONLY DAY i look forward too with all hope IS THE DAY OF THE GLORIOUS LORD WHEN FOREVER I SHALL BE
with the KING WHO SET ME FREE . NOW LIFT THOSE HANDS UP . WE HAVE HOPE . NOT IN this world , BUT IN JESUS and the world to come . SING IT . SING TO THE KING .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
xo
Thank you! That is a perfect prayer! I could not think of what to pray for…yours is what I’ll pray for us as well; because I would like purpose for us. I have to go to work. It is a part time job at cvs which gets me out for now. You have really helped me this morning. The rain has let up here but it is still overcast. I get your “repeat and do it over again” mornings are the worse for me.

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you! That is a perfect prayer! I could not think of what to pray for…yours is what I’ll pray for us as well; because I would like purpose for us. I have to go to work. It is a part time job at cvs which gets me out for now. You have really helped me this morning. The rain has let up here but it is still overcast. I get your “repeat and do it over again” mornings are the worse for me.
Hoping your night at work goes great!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs are is the kingdom of heaven."
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
I have read this board between the two of you and it has brought me to tears. And if it brings me to tears. it brings my Father to tears. My prayer for you both is that you are able to hear My Father's voice( words) within you. He is The Comforter and has been sent to those who believe. He is also The Wonderful Counselor for when we know not what to do. He is our Teacher and brings into rememberence all that He has said. Jesus is our Hope and He has not left us desolate. In other words He is right there, just as He promised. There is nothing to big for Him as He has overcome this world. Believe, and be encouraged both of you! The darkness always passes unto the dawn of a new day. And His mercies spring forth anew every day.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh man. I don't want to derail this thread but your first post just described the last year for me and my family.

First my mother has been battling liver cancer for a few years but the last few months it's gotten much worse. She's down and there is little we can do to help. She'd rather die than have a transplant or even some of the treatments they offer. I'm thankful she loves and trusts the Lord.

Last January I was diagnosed with Wegeners disease just before I turned 45. What a shock that was to me and my family. We knew something had been wrong but had no idea what we was about to be up against. I spent a week telling God how wrong this was. How I love people and life now after 44 years. Then I went through a period where I was glad He chose me because I knew it was an opportunity to shine and glorify Him in the midst of treatments and all we were going through. I always knew He picked the toughest warriors for the hardest battles. I hope that doesn't sound boastful. We have had many moments of anger and have been knocked around all year. But my position with God has been shored up through all of this.

I just want you to know that you aren't alone. And we will be praying for you and your family.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear Father God, I pray that You'll heal VictoryinJesus' MS and depression in a miracle or in any way You know of and would like, as well as help VictoryinJesus' mom and that You'll give hope in these troubles and bless them. Whatever we ask in Your name, You hear us and Your will, will be done if it's Your will. All things are possible with God, You say. I pray You'll use her in Your glory, Lord, doing Your good works. I pray this in Jesus' Mighty name, Amen

Last edited:

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That door has already been opened . ITS JESUS . HE ALONE is the ONLY HOPE i have .
IT sure dont come from this world . This world offers me Nothing but one thing . DEPRESSION
Focus on JESUS and HOPE IN HIM can lift us up out of the greatest pit . But when we focus on our problems
WOE TO US it just feels worse than ever . The DOOR has been opened for the abundant life .
ITS JESUS . in this world many will be the afflictions of the lambs , BUT THE LORD IS WITH US THROUGH IT ALL
and if we make HIM THE FOCUS , the JOY OF THE LORD IS OUR STRENGTH . THERE truly is an answer
to everything we go t hrough and endure , ITS JESUS . ITS JESUS . And one day i LOOK FORWAR TOO
, well the ONLY DAY i look forward too with all hope IS THE DAY OF THE GLORIOUS LORD WHEN FOREVER I SHALL BE
with the KING WHO SET ME FREE . NOW LIFT THOSE HANDS UP . WE HAVE HOPE . NOT IN this world , BUT IN JESUS and the world to come . SING IT . SING TO THE KING .
My mother used to say the exact same thing. @amigo de christo
“Well you know who the answer is, don’t you Becky!” She would say to me. “Yes Mother, it’s Jesus”. I used to reply.

All these years later and since my mother went Home to the Lord in 2018, I now know and understand with my whole heart that yes, yes, and yes. The answer to everything, in this world and the next, is the biblical Lord Jesus Christ.

Now let’s all praise and thank the glorious Lord.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess I’m angry. Confused why God prefers comfort as something unseen to believe in instead, a hope…while going through hardships. Which is Making less and less sense to me. For example I have little hopes that help get through the day…like a good show that helps me make it through the day with thoughts of “oh I will get to lie down and watch it tonight.” Something to look forward to. Another example would be a vacation …looking forward to that vacation coming up to escape from the daily grind. I’m scared…what of Faith is just a coping mechanism to escape to some expectation up ahead …why is that mindset important to focus on some hope of something not happened yet to get carried through the here and now?

My grandchildren have called me a Debbie downer before…somebody better give me a pill to treat it; because I guess I am. That also is the point that no one wants someone around who is depressed all the time but instead someone who sees opportunity and hope of better more glorious things to come. I have tried. But fail.
There's a thousand things that could be said ViJ but suffice it to say, why not make the effort and listen to some of the podcasts linked in my signature?.....they might just be helpful!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello I’ve been here a while. I’m in a dark place of depression. I try. I read His word (not as much as I use to) it is getting more difficult to feel any hope. This morning I woke up and checked my mothers cameras. As I’ve mentioned before on the forum; she is 91.

91 is quite an accomplishment.

She should be proud for having raised a wonderful family.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh man. I don't want to derail this thread but your first post just described the last year for me and my family.

First my mother has been battling liver cancer for a few years but the last few months it's gotten much worse. She's down and there is little we can do to help. She'd rather die than have a transplant or even some of the treatments they offer. I'm thankful she loves and trusts the Lord.

Last January I was diagnosed with Wegeners disease just before I turned 45. What a shock that was to me and my family. We knew something had been wrong but had no idea what we was about to be up against. I spent a week telling God how wrong this was. How I love people and life now after 44 years. Then I went through a period where I was glad He chose me because I knew it was an opportunity to shine and glorify Him in the midst of treatments and all we were going through. I always knew He picked the toughest warriors for the hardest battles. I hope that doesn't sound boastful. We have had many moments of anger and have been knocked around all year. But my position with God has been shored up through all of this.

I just want you to know that you aren't alone. And we will be praying for you and your family.
I don’t know how to do a sad face instead of a like. I read your post last night after work. I’m so sorry your past year has been rough. I had to look up Wegeners disease. I admire your strength. I’m sorry too about your mother. You didn’t derail the thread because I’m so appreciative you shared how you have been doing also. It does help. It makes me think of support groups which I’ve never considered finding one before. but now after your post I am considering it because so often I want to scream when others say I shouldn’t feel sad or depressed or scared. It helps to have others say they get the burden and have been through the ups and downs and changes of anger, questions, even what you said about praying to God to tell Him …paraphrasing.. “I don’t agree with this God.” Again, you helped by sharing Thank You!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
91 is quite an accomplishment.

She should be proud for having raised a wonderful family.
She is proud…telling every doctor or nurse that comes in “you are aware…I am about to be 92?” They say “wow! That is something!”

My mom even acknowledges she has out lived the age of her parents and mostly everyone she knew growing up. But there comes a depression also that she says “everyone I knew has already died. I’m the last one left.” Plus she falls and the last time a couple of weeks ago she was on the floor in just a diaper. When my sister got there; my mom was dragging herself from the living room to the bedroom. She just recently gave in to full time using her walker to get around. Nurses and physical therapist come in…we have felt torn between is it cruel to keep her at home so alone and struggling instead of sending her to a nursing home. But the nurses and therapist said the nursing home wouldn’t prevent this the way we think it would prevent it…but that their input is to keep her home as long as possible. My mom says that too “I want to die in my home.” That is my conflict; maybe selfish; but while watching her alone loosing her immobility, even the losses of her bladder and bowel functions …terrifies me that I’m quickly headed in the same direction with what MS can take sooner than later. So I want to run when I’m there with her. But then the sadness of seeing her struggle…things that crush me like she has this stuff bird that was from Charlie Brown (which she loved) and sometimes she just hugs it to her chest while all alone. Like it is her only friend. So yes she is proud to make it to 91 but I think also ashamed that every stubborn ability to push on for her is quitting on her. I think these same things …proud I’ve already raised my family before the MS struck, but also ashamed at alone and weakly failing…trying to be optimistic while pessimistic is there too.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy