Please Settle This Debate Between Phoneman777 And Bread of Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread based on a debate between you two is like two overweight and outta shape people arguing over who would make it into the olympics first. The first thing that goes out the window...is truth.

IOW positions are being overstated by a pride of religion. We see the same sort of thing in Northern Ireland.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and FHII

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually protestantism adds new errors into the mix while seeking to correct the errors of the RCC. And it splinters from there into thousands of denominations...as in...no that's not it...no, that's not it ...etc etc...
We really can't blame Protestantism for the problems that exist - it was the unavoidable consequence of over a thousand years of papal tyranny which kept the light of the truth hidden, which is why that time is so politically incorrectly referred to as the Dark Ages

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We really can't blame Protestantism for the problems that exist - it was the unavoidable consequence of over a thousand years of papal tyranny which kept the light of the truth hidden, which is why that time is so politically incorrectly referred to as the Dark Ages

Man can't be blamed for the predicament he is in? That's an apologetic for humanism.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Papist Bread, did you not see that Enoch111's citation came from the NEW ADVENT CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA?

If you keep on denying IMPRAMATUR STAMPED DOCUMENTS of the papacy, I'll have no choice but to report this heretical activity to your superiors
Yup - I certainly did see it.
Apparently YOU didn't read my response.

In post #8, I pointed out very clearly that there is nothing wrong with the term "Roman Catholic" because it refers to the Liturgical Rite.
I ALSO pointed out that they DIDN'T use the term "Roman Catholic CHURCH".

Go back to that post and read for yourself, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman catholic church is a deadly pagan tree fungus which began attacking that which Jesus Christ planted, watered, and prospered...which eventually resulted in the transplant of His tree in a new orchard - Protestantism.
And what a splintered mess it is . . . .

Tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects who ALL disagree with each other yet ALL claim they were "led" by the Holy Spirit. God isn't the Author of confusion - your independent Protestant pastors are . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - I certainly did see it.
Apparently YOU didn't read my response.

In post #8, I pointed out very clearly that there is nothing wrong with the term "Roman Catholic" because it refers to the Liturgical Rite.
I ALSO pointed out that they DIDN'T use the term "Roman Catholic CHURCH".

Go back to that post and read for yourself, Einstein . . .
Papist Bread, we Protestants are awaiting your public apology for so long characterizing us as illegitimately and foolishly utilizing "Roman Catholic Church" to refer to the Roman catholic church, since you've been shown clearly by this thread that such reference is wholly in harmony with your church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Papist Bread, we Protestants are awaiting your public apology for so long characterizing us as illegitimately and foolishly utilizing "Roman Catholic Church" to refer to the Roman catholic church, since you've been shown clearly by this thread that such reference is wholly in harmony with your church.
Like I said - even a 2nd grader could understand the points made in post #8 - but I would NEVER accuse YOU of having an intellect as high as that of a 2nd grader . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what a splintered mess it is . . . .

Tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects who ALL disagree with each other yet ALL claim they were "led" by the Holy Spirit. God isn't the Author of confusion - your independent Protestant pastors are . . .
Oh, right, secure the power of Satan, take over Christianity in the 5th century, plunge the entire Christian world into over a thousand years of PAPAL darkness by withholding the Bible and teaching for Bible doctrine such satanic heresies that are enough to make even paganism blush, actively run interference against the discovery of Biblical truth all throughout the Protestant Reformation by such means as that filthy Codex Sinaticus, etc....and then blame Protestantism for having stumbled out the prison gates of Rome? Really?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said - even a 2nd grader could understand the points made in post #8 - but I would NEVER accuse YOU of having an intellect as high as that of a 2nd grader . . .
That's it...I'm reporting you to the nearest priest I can find that you refuse to acknowledge that Pius XII said the "mystical body of Christ and the Roman Catholic church are one in the same". I'll be in NOLA soon and there's a NAMBLA chapter on N. Rampart Street and I'm sure I can find one there.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, right, secure the power of Satan, take over Christianity in the 5th century, plunge the entire Christian world into over a thousand years of PAPAL darkness by withholding the Bible and teaching for Bible doctrine such satanic heresies that are enough to make even paganism blush, actively run interference against the discovery of Biblical truth all throughout the Protestant Reformation by such means as that filthy Codex Sinaticus, etc....and then blame Protestantism for having stumbled out the prison gates of Rome? Really?
Maybe it's time to throw out your Jack Chick comic books and start actually studying your history . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it's time to throw out your Jack Chick comic books and start actually studying your history . . .
You mean like the papacy says "the Holy Scriptures must be thrown aside" if they contradict the word of the pope? Tyndale told Foxe no way, and they burned him at the stake for his trouble.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's it...I'm reporting you to the nearest priest I can find that you refuse to acknowledge that Pius XII said the "mystical body of Christ and the Roman Catholic church are one in the same". I'll be in NOLA soon and there's a NAMBLA chapter on N. Rampart Street and I'm sure I can find one there.
Hey - while you're at your NAMBLA meeting - maybe you can touch base with some of these Protestant pastors . . .
Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestant Churches Grapple With Growing Sexual Abuse Crisis : NPR

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like the papacy says "the Holy Scriptures must be thrown aside" if they contradict the word of the pope? Tyndale told Foxe no way, and they burned him at the stake for his trouble.
Ummmmmm, care to provide the source and context for that claim??
I didn't think so . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmm, care to provide the source and context for that claim??
I didn't think so . . .
Here you are, Papist Bread. Took me all of two minutes to find it.
Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (3).png

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean these opportunistic pedophiles posing as Protestants who can wake up on Monday claiming to be "called of God" and by Tuesday be molesting the kids of empty-headed parents, who find fundamentalist churches "too strict and unloving"? Not the same as catholic priests who are supposed to be life long, devout "men of the cloth".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean these opportunistic pedophiles posing as Protestants who can wake up on Monday claiming to be "called of God" and by Tuesday be molesting the kids of empty-headed parents, who find fundamentalist churches "too strict and unloving"? Not the same as catholic priests who are supposed to be life long, devout "men of the cloth".
Nope - the Protestant ministers - and there are FAR more of them, according to the book Pedophiles and Priests by Protestant author Philip Jenkins . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread based on a debate between you two is like two overweight and outta shape people arguing over who would make it into the olympics first. The first thing that goes out the window...is truth.

IOW positions are being overstated by a pride of religion. We see the same sort of thing in Northern Ireland.
If there were an Olympic event for child-rape, the Catholic church would take gold, silver, and bronze before the Starting Gun sounded, while the Protestant churches would fail to qualify for contention.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man can't be blamed for the predicament he is in? That's an apologetic for humanism.
I didn't say that. I said Protestants can't be blamed for circumstances beyond their control, namely the tyrannical, centuries-long reign of the papacy.

Do you even bother to study history or anything other than what is published in your Ecumenicalist Digest?