Please Stop Turning Non-Debate Threads Into Debates

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No,.. for one I thought you were joking and for two I think you're just using God as a method in trying to control me and I like this forum so I'm staying here as long as people want me here.

Lol! :p
Good for you! (spoken in a very encouraging and affirmative tone of voice.)

Reactions: April_Rose

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In a thread, a comment on the thread, is just a comment on that thread, until someone responds to that comment in a negative way or tries to limit the type of comments being made. Then it becomes a debate about the topic of controlling the thread's content and the thread takes on a life not intended.

Silence can be the best method of responding.

Shalom

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I would think the ideal situation is to be completely ambivalent towards the opinions of others and to focus on pleasing God. It is difficult to break the habit of caring about what others think of us. It's very deep in the flesh.

You may have a bunch of Christians who have reached this level of maturity communicating with those who have not. While their primary goal is to please God, they may neglect the feelings of others less mature due to a lack of insight.

Breaking someone of their ego's dependence upon others is God's job, and he takes his time.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think the ideal situation is to be completely ambivalent towards the opinions of others and to focus on pleasing God. It is difficult to break the habit of caring about what others think of us. It's very deep in the flesh.

You may have a bunch of Christians who have reached this level of maturity communicating with those who have not. While their primary goal is to please God, they may neglect the feelings of others less mature due to a lack of insight.

Breaking someone of their ego's dependence upon others is God's job, and he takes his time.

There's some good advice from a good guy. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, sounds like God :)

Yeah,.. and when God tells me Himself to stay off the forum I'll listen and so far He hasn't said anything to me about it.

Aren't I a good guy too?

I don't even know you very well yet but you definitely don't seem humble I already know that much. And it sort of seems like you're fishing for compliments and it's starting to get a tad bit annoying. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: dev553344

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
don't even know you very well yet but you definitely don't seem humble I already know that much. And it sort of seems like you're fishing for compliments and it's starting to get a tad bit annoying. That's all I'm saying.
Oh ok. Guess we can't be friends. Though I was hoping we could. I will have to look for other friends here. I might post a wanted ad for friends on here.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ok. Guess we can't be friends. Though I was hoping we could. I will have to look for other friends here. I might post a wanted ad for friends on here.

I didn't say we couldn't be friends but that attitude isn't going to win you friends though and that's what I'm trying to warn you about. Just be yourself and don't push so hard for friendships and let them happen naturally. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah,.. and when God tells me Himself to stay off the forum I'll listen and so far He hasn't said anything to me about it.
Some people look to others to hear from God and some people wait to hear from God themselves. I'm the latter also, I need to hear things confirmed from God when a person claims to tell me some Revelation or Prophecy. It's just common sense to me, people get led astray at times from false prophets. Not that I spend much time on forums, but sometimes when I have nothing else to do it's nice to have interaction with other real people on the internet that aren't rude and offensive. Which is what this Christian forum is supposed to provide. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people look to others to hear from God and some people wait to hear from God themselves. I'm the latter also, I need to hear things confirmed from God when a person claims to tell me some Revelation or Prophecy. It's just common sense to me, people get led astray at times from false prophets. Not that I spend much time on forums, but sometimes when I have nothing else to do it's nice to have interaction with other real people on the internet that aren't rude and offensive. Which is what this Christian forum is supposed to provide. :)

Yeah I mean how do I really know it was God saying that I should stay off the forum? I usually wait for the conviction of the Holy Spirit and so far I haven't heard anything.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I mean how do I really know it was God saying that I should stay off the forum? I usually wait for the conviction of the Holy Spirit and so far I haven't heard anything.
It's good that you have an open communication with God. Some people try and warn me from that, and I just ignore them because I know God lives and is not a deaf mute.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh of course ask God yourself. Don't take my word for it . Even though I am fully convinced that's what He said to me.
Which reminds me . I need to stop and talk to Him again.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Must God speak to you directly in all situations? Suppose you are resistant to what he wants to say?

Reactions: saintiaint

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must God speak to you directly in all situations? Suppose you are resistant to what he wants to say?

Umm,.. no I'm not. Whenever I feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit I listen. You aren't trying to get rid of me are you? Lol :p

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record I already know that I should spend more time studying than on here but I don't believe that God's telling me that and truthfully if I'm being perfectly honest I only read a few pages of the Bible per day. I like to get things out of it, but a lot of reading bores me and no member on here is going to tell me to stay off of here and the only way a staff member can get me off of here is if they ban me or something but I haven't broken any rules to my knowledge so I don't think that would be right for them to do just because I'm here a lot.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For the record I already know that I should spend more time studying than on here but I don't believe that God's telling me that and truthfully if I'm being perfectly honest I only read a few pages of the Bible per day. I like to get things out of it, but a lot of reading bores me and no member on here is going to tell me to stay off of here and the only way a staff member can get me off of here is if they ban me or something but I haven't broken any rules to my knowledge so I don't think that would be right for them to do just because I'm here a lot.
Prayers

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's it I'm putting you on ignore before I explode.