Poll: Does the mainstreaming of tattoos open up increasing opportunities for faith ink witness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does the mainstreaming of tattoos open up increasing opportunities for faith ink witness?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul

As the OP quotes seem to bear out, it's become so mainstreamed now that the most conservative now do it.

As GodGrace said:
GodsGrace said:
....almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types.

It's what even the most conservative do.

It's not now some kind of sign now that they are supposedly radical or avant-garde.

More likely, it shows that they truly see themselves from now onwards as adults.

This, at least, seems very clear, doesn't it?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul

As the OP quotes seem to bear out, it's become so mainstreamed now that the most conservative now do it.

As GodGrace said:

It's what even the most conservative do.

It's not now some kind of sign now that they are supposedly radical or avant-garde.

More likely, it shows that they truly see themselves from now onwards as adults.

This, at least, seems very clear, doesn't it?
Mine are definitely adults with their own children...lol.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Mine are definitely adults with their own children...lol.

@Heart2Soul These are the OP quotes I was referring to:

TC3200 said:
Everyone and their Aunt Debbie in my town is now .. sporting full sleeves and tatts running up and down..

juliannenw said:
I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person. I've always worn long sleeves .. I love having a professional persona as well as a unique one while I'm not working
source: allnurses dot com

It's something much more that's done because they are adult (not because they are somehow radical & anti-social, etc.)

Not: "Hey, I'm now anti-social!" but instead - even quietly - "I'm now an adult woman".

A lot of Christians realize this and feel confident to use it to express what they believe, Scripture quotes, etc.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pathfinder7 The fact that it's manifestly no longer a man thing overwhelmingly (as it used to be) is probably another reason why the scope for faith based tattoo designs have increased greatly. (As the many slides/pictures of tattoos at the conference session likely demonstrated, if you recall?)

Last edited: