Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Dave L

If this significantly happens, I can see the scope for witness ink increasing significantly also. I'm sure you would agree.
Like I said, for me one of the hardest parts of witnessing is developing a conversation. And this would no doubt open lots of doors without all the fiddling around.

Reactions: farouk

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: If it's often on your mind, you might find that parlor portfolios will reflect the ink colours better and you might get a better sense of the different sizing of designs also.

Those are some really good designs you posted, anyway.

The drive to reflect one's faith in ink often needs work and preparation, of course.

Maybe so far you've looked at Web collection designs, or maybe you've already seen parlor portfolios also?
I actually wear a belt with a belt buckle that already has what I want...….and my belt has crosses all the way around it....the cross represents the crucifixion of Jesus, the ultimate blood sacrifice for all mans sins......the wings represent my guardian angel....who has protected me from death numerous times in my life. Several times in the past I have fallen asleep while driving and just before a major accident I would get a shove and wake up. Then I would have to swerve to miss a concrete wall, a parked car, or whatever. Once I was 10 feet from driving into the river when I was shoved from the side and I woke up and slammed on the brakes.....I had a talk with my guardian angel after that one and asked for a little more warning....lol.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I actually wear a belt with a belt buckle that already has what I want...….and my belt has crosses all the way around it....the cross represents the crucifixion of Jesus, the ultimate blood sacrifice for all mans sins......the wings represent my guardian angel....who has protected me from death numerous times in my life. Several times in the past I have fallen asleep while driving and just before a major accident I would get a shove and wake up. Then I would have to swerve to miss a concrete wall, a parked car, or whatever. Once I was 10 feet from driving into the river when I was shoved from the side and I woke up and slammed on the brakes.....I had a talk with my guardian angel after that one and asked for a little more warning....lol.
Yes, there is a lot of similarity between belt buckle and tattoo designs, and sometimes the concepts come together:

s-l1000.jpg

tattoo_fish_belt_buckle_plain-r79a31701052d45b59c3b9c5df9a9af80_fel7u_324.jpg
zazzle dot com

Do you maybe like these design concepts?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him PS: We were talking about your family being so artistic; and I guess that increasingly tattoo parlors are often the natural environment for those who are artistic.
My daughter wanted to do this that is be a tattoo artist several years ago and are sadly discouraged her. I’ve considered speaking with her about this, I believe person can hold a ministry in any occupation, if I do it to the glory of God

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My daughter wanted to do this that is be a tattoo artist several years ago and are sadly discouraged her. I’ve considered speaking with her about this, I believe person can hold a ministry in any occupation, if I do it to the glory of God
So you now feel it might have been good after all if she had pursued her flair in work that she would really have enjoyed in tattoo artistry?

Maybe Mrs. Waiting on him has had a developing perspective on your daughters art career prospects also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My daughter is a phenomenal artist.
Keep praying for her; I'm sure you do a lot.

Sounds anyway like her phenomenal skills would be highly sought after in a tattoo parlor environment.

Years ago some people might have thought that "nice young ladies" maybe didn't get tattoos. But this has changed enormously; today in fact tattoos - faith based tattoos, even - are just exactly what serious Christian college students, homeschooling moms, etc. are very likely to get. This is fact.

So you must know about your own family. A lot of ppl would anyway say that if someone is really skilled in a particular area, this counts for a great deal in job satisfaction.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you now feel it might have been good after all if she had pursued her flair in work that she would really have enjoyed in tattoo artistry?

Maybe Mrs. Waiting on him has had a developing perspective on your daughters art career prospects also.
Yes, I wish I hadn’t been expounding the law at that time

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and so you mean she would do it well, then.

Women used to be under-represented in the tattoo artist profession.

But the news (some ppl would say, very good news?) is that - because of ppl like your daughter - this is changing fast.
He’s given us a great liberty

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He’s given us a great liberty
A good verse is:

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." (1 Corinthians 6.12)

From a pragmatic point of view, the scope and opportunity for faith based tattoo designs has been greatly increasing, with the increase in tattoo parlors; many such businesses have been opening up in recent years. As already discussed above, tattoos are proven conversation-starters; nurses who as a demographic have them to profusion typically use them to break the ice with patients. It also certainly works in witness.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @Heart2Soul Since as you just said you recently managed to quit smoking, I guess this in theory would mean that now with money not being spent on cigarettes you have more scope for budgeting for your tattoo plan, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS:

Placement is also part of it, and important.

What's best as a placement can differ sometimes between the genders.

Really good designs like this can be good on the chest for a man, but clearly for a woman may work better on upper arm or shoulder. I'm sure you've been considering the various placement aspects, right?

Reactions: Heart2Soul