Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have two tattoos one is a benedictine cross and the other is a madhatter hat

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see...

BTW, do you know whether nuns have tattoos these days - to any significant extent? o_O

I’ve never asked a nun, but i am sure women under a certain age who have decided to become nuns are somewhat likely to have tattoos.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’ve never asked a nun, but i am sure women under a certain age who have decided to become nuns are somewhat likely to have tattoos.
This sounds like it would be true, yes.

I've never asked nuns, either, but frankly it's what young women do.

While this quote refers to Protestant young women, the practice is hardly likely to be restricted to Protestant young women, is it?

QueenCat said:
said:
Around here (Bible Belt)..I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Had no idea! My oldest daughter is currently working toward a degree in beauty school. They may could have a collaboration.
Well, today some parlors are well-lit, airy, female-friendly places. In a sense, it's in the interests of the artists to have their parlors presented in this way, given the clientele that they now have.

Did you know that 55%-70% or more of parlor clients in North America are female?

(It used to be a man thing to do - and still is - but it's become a very womanly thing to do, also. As your daughters would know. From a Christian perspective this all arguably creates a lot of opportunities for working in the industry and also for faith based designs that in some circumstances may 'speak volumes'.)

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, she has one small one, said it was her last one
She had it done, too, then.

It may well be her last one, as she says. (It's not surprising that both your daughters have had it done; it seems that young women now so strongly tend to welcome receiving the inking needle. For this reason also, the possibility that it might not after all be her last one shouldn't be underestimated, right?)

Anyway, from a pragmatic Christian perspective, the prevalence now of ink does open a lot of possibilities for faith/Scripture-based tattoos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
...said it was her last one

PS: It may well be true.

Maybe for your daughter it was simply about doing first ink at around 18 as a sign of adulthood; and then that was it.

But you're probably aware that the word 'addictive' - in a benign sense - does come to mind, as regards how so many people find the experience of getting ink. "More is better" — somehow? — often seems more compelling than "one is enough". But you must know her.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: It may well be true.

Maybe for your daughter it was simply about doing first ink at around 18 as a sign of adulthood; and then that was it.

But you're probably aware that the word 'addictive' - in a benign sense - does come to mind, as regards how so many people find the experience of getting ink. "More is better" — somehow? — often seems more compelling than "one is enough". But you must know her.
Yes hers was about 13 years ago I do see how some are more of an addiction

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My adult grand daughter has 7 now I think..

My opinion is that it is all a waste of money.. :)
Interesting; so what would you make of the value - as opposed of the monetary cost - of a faith / Scripture design that is inked in and causes testimony discussing and refection?