Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wasn't offered one - did not even know they had them avaliable. I have been along with my daughter when she had a tattoo done, she wasn't offered one either.
Probably the artist thought that you and your daughter were plenty tough enough to endure it, and there was no point even in offering a numbing agent, right?

Assuming it was the same artist that did yours and your daughter's.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humm I have to say I am not sure . It’s not exactly my opinion but is the closest answer to what I would say.
I really haven’t invested much time on the subject. I need to look at all of the scriptures about this and pray .What I recall is that the scriptures frown on the marking of the human body . We need to know the whys it is forbidden. Also why a person gets one .
Personally I don’t like tattoos. I have one . I got it before I was called to believe. It was done in pure vanity. It was a big hay you look at me thing , nothing to be proud of . Still I try not to impose somthing on a brother or sister in Christ until I see the whole picture. A answer will come after I pray and read up on it . I can’t come up with a yes or no answer now .
Hope that makes sense.
Blessings
Bill
You have a tat? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

*tsk* *tsk*... :D:eek::p:p:p

(just kidding bro. I know "a guy" who has a barbed wire tat, and has a twangy voice too.)

Reactions: farouk

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a full body tat of myself, only taller, more muscular and slimmer. Not sure how an earring would enhance that. :D

Not into the earring thing for males. To me personally it seems to come with an attitude problem, cockiness, "thug" like stuff. Surely some don't have this, only going by what I've witnessed.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have a full body tat of myself, only taller, more muscular and slimmer. Not sure how an earring would enhance that. :D

Not into the earring thing for males. To me personally it seems to come with an attitude problem, cockiness, "thug" like stuff. Surely some don't have this, only going by what I've witnessed.
Thanks for your comment!

For many young men it's likely that the earring(s) precedes the tattoo.

I guess to some extent it's a matter of family custom. Some mothers seem to think that for a son who is maybe a bit shy ear studs will (supposedly?) help his confidence. (I don't know.)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I try not to impose somthing on a brother or sister in Christ until I see the whole picture.
These days it indeed often increasingly will likely involve a sister: apparently in North America 59% - 70% or more of parlor clients are female; and not an insignificant proportion are in faith based / family / patriotic themes - which often dove tail together (although this certainly does not prove that the wearer is born again).

I saw a quote from the Bible Belt which shows how widespread it has become, anyway.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Some Christians in time regret their tattoos, some do not, some will even add some faith based ink of the variety that is proven effective in conversations. It varies a great deal, doesn't it? but it's certainly very widespread.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can’t come up with a yes or no answer now .
Maybe there are so many aspects of the subject; and this will inevitably be reflected in the (developing) views that ppl will have?

Meanwhile, many Christians, probably from a pragmatic point of view, know they are effective conversation-starters in witness and so this is substantially why they get Bible verses, etc. inked in, do you think, in all probability?

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have also arisen as a result of her willingness to receive the needle inking.

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tattoo artists are not supposed to ink people who have been drinking... o_O

Well if I can recall who he or she was I tell him lol .
Whole story is I had at that time wanted one and designed it .
The funny thing is the last thing I remember the day I got it ,I was popping open a cold one (insert blackout here) . The next thing I remember it is morning I was shaving and something in the reflection was different lol . So possibly some bias here . I understand my reason was for getting one is not the same as what motivates others. So I tend to let it go. Unless it’s my daughter then she gets a earful lol .
Blessings
Bill

Reactions: farouk