Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace FYI...did you see this new thread/vote in the poll?
LOL
I put "Not Sure".
There's not too many things I'm not sure about!

I have mixed feelings...here's why.

Generally speaking, I don't care for tattoos. They're too permanent; a person may change their mind as they get older; and I don't like how older persons look with them.

I know that many persons I know are getting either very serious tattoos or pretty ones, for the girls. Little hearts, butterflies, and the such in visible places.

Although I have no problem with the morality of it in a Christian sense of "marking" oneself, although the O.T. does speak to this,,, I do believe it's getting us mentally ready for something - not sure what. Maybe a chip, maybe a number marking...whatever. For ONLY this reason, I'm sorry it's so readily acceptable by most persons nowadays.

OTOH, I know a guy, about 45 or so, who's had a Jesus image on his upper arm for many years now. People do ask him about it and he tells them about the miracle his father had with a healing.

IF I were going to get one, it would be Christian in nature. Maybe a cross. But I just wouldn't do it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Kind of maybe on a wrist? can be tucked under a sleeve, etc.

The Christian fish sign <>< is also popular.
Farouk...
What would be the purpose of hiding it???
IF I got one, it would be very visible.

I've seen a cross on the top of the hand at the thumb.
I just don't know if I could stand seeing this every day -- that's all.

images

Like this, but larger:

upload_2019-1-7_12-40-54.jpeg

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk...
What would be the purpose of hiding it???
IF I got one, it would be very visible.

I've seen a cross on the top of the hand at the thumb.
I just don't know if I could stand seeing this every day -- that's all.

images

Like this, but larger:

View attachment 5167
Well, I know that in some offices there might be some restrictions, but maybe you don't have that problem.

So seems like you would indeed want your cross tattoo to be visible, something that maybe complements rings & painted nails but that with the ink makes a Christian woman's hands extra special?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Acolyte FYI...

Whatever your developing thoughts might be about your own ink that you mentioned, it's rather clear that now demographically there is a lot more openness to getting tattooed, isn't there? (especially among women).

Which of course increases the potential for faith based witness designs.

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If I was where I am now, that would appeal to me. Now I just say:
F- forever
R- rely
O- on
G- GOD

:D
Oh well really it seems you as an tattooed woman are already using your ink as a witness tool, then. :)

In any case, whether or not you eventually get inked again (and maybe you won't now), it seems that, like a lot of ppl as per the developing demographics of tattoos, you have become a lot more open and confident about the idea of receiving ink than you would have been, say, 25 - 30 years ago, right?

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh well really it seems you as an tattooed woman are already using your ink as a witness tool, then. :)

In any case, whether or not you eventually get inked again (and maybe you won't now), it seems that, like a lot of ppl as per the developing demographics of tattoos, you have become a lot more open and confident about the idea of receiving ink than you would have been, say, 25 - 30 years ago, right?

You made me laugh. Thank you. :)
I guess so. Would rather tithe the 75$
And I probably wouldn't suggest getting one to my grandchildren (20-15 years old), on the other hand I would give them a ride if they decided they wanted one. FOREVER

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, I know that in some offices there might be some restrictions, but maybe you don't have that problem.

So seems like you would indeed want your cross tattoo to be visible, something that maybe complements rings & painted nails but that with the ink makes a Christian woman's hands extra special?
LOL
Yeah.
Sounds like you're trying to convince me!
I wouldn't care what my office people thought if I decided to get the cross tattoo.
But, you're right, I don't work anymore.

I do wear rings and my nails are painted.

So....you suggest I get the tattoo??
You're sweet.
:)

P.S. I like post no. 53

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
LOL
Yeah.
Sounds like you're trying to convince me!
I wouldn't care what my office people thought if I decided to get the cross tattoo.
But, you're right, I don't work anymore.

I do wear rings and my nails are painted.

So....you suggest I get the tattoo??
You're sweet.
:)

P.S. I like post no. 53
Oh I don't think I've ever actually said that people ought to get tattoos. Though so many people do. And it does seem to have opened up huge potentials for faith based, witness designs.

I know that many persons I know are getting either very serious tattoos or pretty ones, for the girls. Little hearts, butterflies, and the such in visible places.
This is true. Unlike years ago when it was very much only a man thing, it's now very womanly. (I'm sure you agree.)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I probably wouldn't suggest getting one to my grandchildren (20-15 years old), on the other hand I would give them a ride if they decided they wanted one.

I guess the 15 year old is too young to be inked yet.

Though the 20 year old is certainly old enough - in the sense that young ppl usually start to get tattooed at 18, if they are going to do it.

Seems like you would quite enjoy your role as supporter of your grandson/daughter getting tattooed at the parlor, giving moral support if this is what they wanted to do, maybe holding the hand (if it's a granddaughter, that is, though probably not a grandson's hand...), right?

Reactions: GodsGrace

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like it was well planned by her!

So did you know that it was being planned? or maybe you were surprised when she showed with it?

To be honest I'm not for sure how old they were when they started their tats. My son, who is the youngest, has no tats for whatever reason he just doesn't.

Reactions: farouk

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
PS: @GodsGrace I see you liked's @Acolyte 's post #53...
Yes. I like what @Acolyte said. I think she and I agree on many things.
I would tell a teen not to get any tattoos till they're in their 20's...
but if someone 18 really wanted one, I don't see how you could stop them or what is radically wrong with it.

Sometimes the battles are just not worth it....
Save it for the wars!