Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you want to portray the message that sin shall not have dominion over you; for you are not under the law but under grace, then I can see how it might be a good fit.
I guess it's very much a matter of longstanding individual conviction. Present in some Christians, definitely not in others.

A bit like some ppl having - and others definitely not having - the desire for 'bondservant' ear piercing, really, I suppose?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mayflower : I saw your recent comment about wanting to be a Proverbs 31 woman; FYI, I saw this design:

b5270582f4cf77adfd4dc4fe4ae280f6.jpg
suggestkeyword dot com

The demographics of getting ink have opened up a lot, haven't they, from when it used to be basically male sailors and bikers that had it done.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@"ByGrace" I think that from the time that your husband got his tattoos decades back the demographics of ink have broadened very considerably, haven't they. (I forget if you said whether other family members now have tattoos.)

Seems like there has been quite a sea change in tattoo trends in recent decades.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We are to preach the gospel to the whole word including any some scripture tats might reach...........
Yes, well although some Christians don't like it, others who see its value in witness often feel a parlor visit for testimony ink can be a really wholesome and effective thing to do, don't they?

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually...no...no real views and/or opinion on this. I suppose it could have some witness avenues. But I'm so out of this "loop" that I really can't comment.
The young people that I've met who have submitted willingly to Bible verse tattooing have seemed very determined, anyway. (Remains to be seen I guess if such determination makes itself known to you among those you are close to.) Blessings.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@soul man FYI...
So were you surprised when your daughters started getting tattoos? because there has definitely been a change in demographic trends re. tattoos, compared with years ago.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man FYI...
So were you surprised when your daughters started getting tattoos? because there has definitely been a change in demographic trends re. tattoos, compared with years ago.

No not really, they have always done funny stuff with their hair and dressed crazy in their teens.
The best was old gas station attendant work shirts, complete with name tags over pockets and bowling rental shoes lol we still laugh when we talk about it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No not really, they have always done funny stuff with their hair and dressed crazy in their teens.
The best was old gas station attendant work shirts, complete with name tags over pockets and bowling rental shoes lol we still laugh when we talk about it.
Years ago getting tattooed was very much a man thing; but now in moderation it's become mainstream for women to do it, right? (I know you instinctively think of crazy/fun things your daughters did...)

Its prevalence has given faith based tattoos a lot of potential, also...

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago getting tattooed was very much a man thing; but now in moderation it's become mainstream for women to do it, right? (I know you instinctively think of crazy/fun things your daughters did...)

Its prevalence has given faith based tattoos a lot of potential, also...

I like the tats but have never really wanted one

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... scripture tats ...
PS: All the lettering can be painful - especially if a Bible verse is a long as John 3.16. But ppl think it's worth it; my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also, and it evidently worked as a conversation-starter, which is presumably why she determined to get it all injected in the first place. (If this makes sense?)

Reactions: Dave L