Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So really?

Sounds anyway like you would at some stage welcome an opportunity to give her - them? - a little encouragement about ink, which, when the matter was raised years ago, you had different ideas about?
I’ve been thinking about getting her a good gun. She’d think I’d lost my mind lol

Reactions: farouk

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@charity

I was just telling @Lady Crosstalk about the young lady that my wife and I talked to who had the whole of John 3.16 tattooed modestly and tastefully on her wrist area.

You're right; if people such as she have the inner strength and confidence to use this means in witness, they are likely to do it without regret or shame, right?

On the contrary, for the young lady that my wife and I talked to it was likely for her something wholesome and special to become a tattooed Christian woman in those particular circumstances.
Hello there, @farouk,

It would certainly be a talking point, and create opportunities I agree. Who am I to pass any opinion on the decision made by someone whom God has accepted - in and through His Beloved Son. May His Name be glorified.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She did not like them when we were first dating, but neither of us noticed them now. Plus they have faded over the years to a grey.
PS: Seems like wives these days are a lot more used to tattoos than was the case years ago.

These days, in fact, wives are a lot more likely to have tattoos as well, aren't they?

Reactions: Hisman

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PS: Seems like wives these days are a lot more used to tattoos than was the case years ago.

These days, in fact, wives are a lot more likely to have tattoos as well, aren't they?

True, but I still don't like them on women. It somehow lowers them I think.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
True, but I still don't like them on women. It somehow lowers them I think.
So, really, Sir?

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area. It was good, effective tattoo!

(I think you would have gotten well accustomed by now to women with tattoos if you had happened to be married to one with them...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello there, @farouk,

It would certainly be a talking point, and create opportunities I agree. Who am I to pass any opinion on the decision made by someone whom God has accepted - in and through His Beloved Son. May His Name be glorified.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Don't you think also that now a lot of Christian men and women think similarly?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't you think also that now a lot of Christian men and women think similarly?
'I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.'

(Romans 12:1)

Hello @farouk,

This is very much a matter of the flesh and the things of the flesh, isn't it? and thinking in regard to that is coloured by the society, and cultural influences that have formed us as human beings. Whereas, in Christ, all is of the spirit: and God, the Holy Spirit, works in us that we be conformed to the image of His Son.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.'

(Romans 12:1)

Hello @farouk,

This is very much a matter of the flesh and the things of the flesh, isn't it? and thinking in regard to that is coloured by the society, and cultural influences that have formed us as human beings. Whereas, in Christ, all is of the spirit: and God, the Holy Spirit, works in us that we be conformed to the image of His Son.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
@charity:

Romans 12.1 is indeed very important, yes.

As you indicate, culture is also significant; and those who have lived in a number of countries will likely admit that one can cultivate Christian attitudes by God's grace without necessarily adopting what might be termed the political correctness of one particular country as if it were a universal thing. (If this makes any sense?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Lord has given us great liberty. I just pray no one abuses this liberty in a quest to harm others.
Good to remember; it's a matter of adult choice and responsibility.

Seems like your daughters anyway almost celebrated the fact that it's what new adults do as women.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Acolyte It's easier now for tattooed women, isn't it? especially since it's so widespread, and ppl aren't likely to think it's unusual any more. (To think it used to be overwhelmingly a man thing.)

Did you vote yet in the poll, BTW?