Poll - Tattooing: from male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattooing: from past male military and biker ethos...to viable witness means for both genders?

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, I disagree

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
None.. they are too busy with school, career options and getting themselves setup. Also trying to keep their heads in USA terribly liberal teaching environment. (so sad)
Keep praying! — I'm sure you do!

Ink is certainly not a priority, is it? At the same time, while not for all Christians, its potentials as regards faith based designs proven effective in witness are out there, aren't they? and I think you'd drive them to the parlor if they eventually wanted it, wouldn't you?

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
...to commit their body to the gospel in writing.
PS: The Biblical word or phrase doesn't even need to be long for it to be potentially quite an effective witness-friendly design, proven effective in conversation.

I take your point in the other post about the wearer's physique being important.

But even for someone 'out of shape', so to speak (and just how many Christians does this describe??), even a short word or phrase from the Bible in a straightforward placement such as a wrist, etc., can in simplicity be effective, I guess; you probably would agree.

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
my grand dad had two tattoos and he hated them, they looked good to me but he said never get one because everyone who gets tattoos hate them later on...
I guess for some Christians the witness opportunities of some faith based tattoos - proven effective as a witness means - outweigh the danger of the wearer changing his or her (these days probably even more likely her) mind... (If this makes any sense?)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you force someone to not kill themselves? People find a way to do that if they wish.
What people want to do is make assisted suicide legal, for the most part to assure themselves that, even if they become disabled and unable to kill themselves, someone can do it for them.
Again, it is a sin to kill yourself or assist someone to do that.
Is that sin acceptable to you? And, it is the one sin you cannot repent of.
Whoa!!! Where on Earth did you ever get the idea that would be a sin you cannot repent of ????

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it really is. I wonder if in some ways it would be a good thing if more Christians worked in tattoo parlors?

I believe Christians should give a witness for Christ no matter what they are doing

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe Christians should give a witness for Christ no matter what they are doing
When Christian men and women (likely often women, I guess) go to get inked, the prospect of being injected in a place with a Christian friendly ethos would attract many, I think, don't you?

But also - especially? - as a place of testimony.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christian men and women (likely often women, I guess) go to get inked, the prospect of being injected in a place with a Christian friendly ethos would attract many, I think, don't you?

But also - especially? - as a place of testimony.

Yes, seems when trust can be built between you and someone, friendship so on, sharing your understanding just comes natural

Reactions: farouk

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep praying! — I'm sure you do!

Ink is certainly not a priority, is it? At the same time, while not for all Christians, its potentials as regards faith based designs proven effective in witness are out there, aren't they? and I think you'd drive them to the parlor if they eventually wanted it, wouldn't you?

I pray for us all. And I would give them a ride anywhere, we have the standard, call if you are uncomfortable or scared.. no questions, no scoulding. And I have made a few late night trips to get them and friends in such situations. Of course it will be addressed, but not then. Sooo, if they chose to get a tat, I certainly would.

Reactions: farouk and soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, seems when trust can be built between you and someone, friendship so on, sharing your understanding just comes natural
Yes, there's a bond there in the sort of situation you describe; then if one adds the professional relationship between the inker and the inked it's a double bond, so to speak (if this makes sense?)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: Although it's a widely used witness means among young Christians especially; if the person is not truly motivated to do it, best to stay away from it.

Problem is practice originated in paganism and is mainly practiced by non-Christians today.

In the OT Israel was commanded not paint or tattoo.

Historically, I find nothing in the Bible supported it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Problem is practice originated in paganism and is mainly practiced by non-Christians today.

In the OT Israel was commanded not paint or tattoo.

Historically, I find nothing in the Bible supported it.
Some ppl have a conscience against it and this is great. A lot of Christians today find it to be a proven effective witness means; my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations with people have arisen as a result of her willingness to be injected. It's not for everyone, though; there does need to be a lot of motivation first.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some ppl have a conscience against it and this is great. A lot of Christians today find it to be a proven effective witness means; my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations with people have arisen as a result of her willingness to be injected. It's not for everyone, though; there does need to be a lot of motivation first.

When they get older want them removed....