Pop-Up Ads

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's with all the annoying pop-up ads lately? They are an aggravation and one of the reasons I don't use facebook. I appreciate the desire to add to your income but there has to be a better way, imo. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not alone.... Some of the adds are really not fitting for this site either........ I agree, kinda annoying.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ads are provided by Google based upon any use of their services, otherwise they'll default to content related to this website. If you encounter something inappropriate, then please report it and we can block it. I will need the name of the link, though. We've opted out of all of the bad categories, but that's never a guarantee in this day of advertising.

As for popup ads, I assume you mean the typical definition of ads that show up in a new window? We do not knowingly have these. Any ads should be banner or text links in either header/footer locations, or after the first thread or post.

Reactions: Raining

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the ads I've encountered are in a new window that has either a 15 or 30 second countdown before you can x out of it and I've run across two that automatically bring you to another page altogether.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, mine are just banners or the adds on the side.... There's one funny tshirts add but the shirt on the add is way inappropriate.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the ads I've encountered are in a new window that has either a 15 or 30 second countdown before you can x out of it and I've run across two that automatically bring you to another page altogether.
That's pretty unlikely to be us. You can verify through their TOS, but Google is very particular about not having popup ads. I don't run a popup blocker on a couple of my browsers that I use on this website, and I don't get those. It would seem that you have some type of adware on your computer. I'd recommend trying Malware Bytes to remove. Anything that were to pop here, even if Google were to miss, would pop within 5-10 seconds I should think.

Oh, mine are just banners or the adds on the side.... There's one funny tshirts add but the shirt on the add is way inappropriate.
I'll see if I can track it down. If you see it again, see if it gives you a brand name.

Thanks, y'all! We definitely encourage feedback if ads are found inappropriate.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can turn ON the popup blocker in your respective browsers, to eliminate actual popups, and you can turn off banners that really bother you by clicking on the logo in the upper right hand corner of the banner and following the steps to turn them off.

BTW, most banner ads are based on your own browsing history. Example I was looking for new slippers online and started getting all kinds of banners about slippers. It was annoying, especially as I had actually gone out and bought some.

Brandon Young

Jan 5, 2015
SC, Myrtle Beach
I have had experience with those issues before as I am Computer techy. When I was starting to get into computers I used to not know what I as doing so I would mess up things as I went but now I know what Im doing. If the Ad's are inappropriate Try using the Google Extension "ABP", Also if you want to get rid of the nasty Advertisements Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware it should remove what really does sound like a virus. I'm not trying to advertise Im just trying to be helpful because I use it myself. Have a Blessed day! :)

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Brandon YoungAfh said:
That too whatever works :) I currently have blocked 322,883 Ads with ABP.
Adblock plus is ABP sorry for the confusion.
No confusion for me Bud...but then again I'm not technically challenged. ;)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ssshhhhh, the moment you mention you know things...technical things...they will come and send you messages. ;)

Brandon, you may want to go ahead and put Angelina on ignore now...

JK, she's not bad and tries hard. She pretty much asks good questions that show levels of thought. :p

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
HammerStone said:
Ssshhhhh, the moment you mention you know things...technical things...they will come and send you messages. ;)

Brandon, you may want to go ahead and put Angelina on ignore now...

JK, she's not bad and tries hard. She pretty much asks good questions that show levels of thought. :p
Don't poke the Kiwi Hammer.