Pope endorses evolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Mr.Bride said:
The flesh does sin, yes, but does not the Bible say we have an unction from the HS, and we know all things. Oh, this needs no interpretation...Don't know if you know but God and I are one :)
That's omniscience ... besides your identification with Christ does not make you equal with God, equal in his knowledge or power for that matter.
Can you turn water into wine, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, feed the poor with a word over the fish and loaves ? ....... If you can then please
go to Africa, India and every other place that requires assistance ... they are eagerly awaiting your arrival.

Reactions: aspen

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Whatever it is, you know what I mean..

If I command the dead to raise, blinded eyes to open, and etc., it shall be as I spoke. No man can heal but God. I am a part of Him. We are one. Better know who you are. There's a storm coming.

Anyways, the pope is just showing himself to be a son of perdition.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are misguided, mr. Bride.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
aspen said:
I think you are misguided, mr. Bride.
That's what you get for thinking aspen...put on the mind of Christ and trash the devils mind you cling to. I'm glad you said "think" though...Wouldn't want you to say the wrong words. Pray your eyes are open....I know you're misguided. Blessings

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
aspen said:
Sanctification is an evolutionary process. one is either being sanctified for heaven or hell. since you are a child of God you are going to be magnificent and kneeling before God.
The bold = 100% against scripture
The italics suggest God is evil = 100% against scripture
The underlined = makes no sense

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Mr.Bride said:
Whatever it is, you know what I mean..

If I command the dead to raise, blinded eyes to open, and etc., it shall be as I spoke. No man can heal but God. I am a part of Him. We are one. Better know who you are. There's a storm coming.

Anyways, the pope is just showing himself to be a son of perdition.
I understand precisely where you are coming from ... and faith through identification works when you believe ... but no man has yet attained
to the fullness of the "God kind of faith" (Mark 11).
This is where God lives all the time and we don't.
Omniscience, Omnipotence and Omnipresence are exclusively God's ... we only operate according to our faith ... and even then we will never
attain to those characteristics.

Yes, the storm is coming ... are you ready ? ... let's put aside every weight ... it's "high time" to enter into the glory.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
If I command the dead to raise, blinded eyes to open, and etc., it shall be as I spoke.
Then what the heck are you doing wasting time on internet boards? Get out there and heal the world's sick!!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Mr.Bride said:
1. If I command the dead to raise, blinded eyes to open, and etc., it shall be as I spoke. No man can heal but God. I am a part of Him. We are one. Better know who you are. There's a storm coming.

2. Anyways, the pope is just showing himself to be a son of perdition.
1. I say amen to that because we must have the mind of Christ. But we do need to accept the underlined as you said. Our wills are not always one with God's will. It is always easier to pray for a sick person then for example to jump in and rescue the guy that was killed by the tiger in India.

2. I just don't see that. I really think many of us are too harsh on the pope. He is not endorsing evolution.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
KingJ said:
The bold = 100% against scripture
Pardon my interruption here but both yourself and aspen are correct depending on which way you're looking at it.

The Bold ... You are correct in the sense that we have been sanctified - separated unto God - when we accepted Christ and are no longer under
indictment by God seeing we are his children.
However, we were not perfected in our minds, will or emotions when we were born again, and so we are still growing in that aspect of separation or
holiness unto God ... let's face it we all still struggle with the flesh on a daily basis.
This I suspect is the view aspen is taking.

Reactions: aspen

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Enquirer said:
Pardon my interruption here but both yourself and aspen are correct depending on which way you're looking at it.

The Bold ... You are correct in the sense that we have been sanctified - separated unto God - when we accepted Christ and are no longer under
indictment by God seeing we are his children.
However, we were not perfected in our minds, will or emotions when we were born again, and so we are still growing in that aspect of separation or
holiness unto God ... let's face it we all still struggle with the flesh on a daily basis.
This I suspect is the view aspen is taking.
Agreed. Though I don't know if it was Aspen's thinking in light of ''one is either being sanctified for heaven or hell''.

Its not worth discussing though. Its all too vague.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is his basis??? I think he must watch too much of the Big Bang Theory!!

They can endorse whatever they want. I know what I believe. I know the Lord and His Word.. God created man in his own image, not an amoeba!! :p

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Bible leaves no grounds for us to believe that we evolved. If we are to say that evolution is true, we deny creation week, which is the very basis of the 4th Commandment. If we remove the solid rock, that Christ created the world in six days, and rested upon the 7th day, and place in it's place sand, that Christ didn't really create the world in six days, and didn't really rest upon the 7th day, then we have no foundation for keeping the fourth commandment at all. As a matter of fact, none of God's commandments have a foundation at all. If you can do away with one of them, you can do away with all of them "For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. ..." (James 2:11) for all are interconnected.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Does it really matter what the pope says? He heads a pagan based organization, and pretends to speak for "christians" everywhere...but does he? 2nd Timothy 3...beware of persons who have a form of godliness, but do not..from them turn away...Matthew 24 Jesus says to beware of false claims to be of Christ, and false prophets verses 4,5,11. Revelation 17 describes the pagan based Roman church very well, and describes it a false religion, and a harlot, mother of harlots! The pope is not infallible as he claims. He puts his pants on one leg at a time, and has to go to the bathroom like anyone else...

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it says that on the 6th day God dropped a small life form in the water and watched it evolve into a fish that soon crawled out of the water then grew arms and over time became man. I'm wrong sometimes but I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them.
This is really disappointing. I really thought this pope was heading in the right direction too and was going to set the Catholic church back on the right path. I haven't read this article yet but the idea is ridiculous.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
The pope did NOT say he supports evolution guys. Please read this thread.

River Jordan said:
So basically your view is "If evolution is true, Christianity is false"?
NO, if evolution is false, Christianity is true.

Will eating you help me evolve?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Born_Again said:
I don't think it says that on the 6th day God dropped a small life form in the water and watched it evolve into a fish that soon crawled out of the water then grew arms and over time became man. I'm wrong sometimes but I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them.
This is really disappointing. I really thought this pope was heading in the right direction too and was going to set the Catholic church back on the right path. I haven't read this article yet but the idea is ridiculous.
Can you answer the question I asked? Is your view "If evolution is true, Christianity is false"?
KingJ said:
NO, if evolution is false, Christianity is true.
So the truth of Christianity hinges on evolution? :blink:

Will eating you help me evolve?
Don't be dumb.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River Jordan said:
Can you answer the question I asked? Is your view "If evolution is true, Christianity is false"?

So the truth of Christianity hinges on evolution? :blink:

Don't be dumb.
That was the best answer I've seen! HAHA! :lol:
"So the truth of Christianity hinges on evolution?"

Well they certainly dont get along very well. Okay, how about this, It may be entirely possible that some creatures may have evolved based on what we have seen in fossils..... God created man and all the creatures on Earth. But is the discussion man evolving or other creaures on Earth? or both?

I could bend things how ever I wanted to to make it sound good and make me sound right as could anyone... My point to that is.... Have faith and find out in the end.... I'd rather believe and have faith rather than find out I was wrong the hard way..... Clear as mud?? :)

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope has his opinion and he is entitled to it. Even if we may not agree, and he may not agree with our beliefs. We can each agree to disagree. But I am only in for Christianity only! That is my story and I am sticking to it!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Born_Again said:
Well they certainly dont get along very well.
For the majority of the world's Christians they do.
Okay, how about this, It may be entirely possible that some creatures may have evolved based on what we have seen in fossils..... God created man and all the creatures on Earth. But is the discussion man evolving or other creaures on Earth? or both?
The Catholic Church (which I don't belong to FYI) has long held that there is no conflict between evolution and common descent (humans included) and Christianity. Their view is that evolution explains the origin of the physical (like our bodies), but not our souls. That's where God stepped in and made us in His image. IOW, "in God's image" is not a reference to our physical bodies, but instead refers to our soul.

I could bend things how ever I wanted to to make it sound good and make me sound right as could anyone... My point to that is.... Have faith and find out in the end.... I'd rather believe and have faith rather than find out I was wrong the hard way..... Clear as mud?? :)
I guess. I just don't think we should check our brains at the door either.