Possible new ministry idea.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I was working out for the first time in a while today and I saw about three or four guys talking to themselves looking like they were in a world of hurt. God has shown me that my town has a massive problem with unfit fathers and misled sons. I feel nothing but jealousy from them because I have a pretty good dad who has always been there for me. It really gets to me somedays but today God somehow calmed me to a good level and put this idea on my heart. What would be a good place to start to help these guys get over their demons ?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Young people could absolutely care less about how much you know until they know how much you care. They must feel some spiritual light and energy from any kind of ministry for them to respond to it. I have a nice home with a basement on a large tract of land. I use to let the young people come over and we would...

1. Have outside games for them - Volleyball, basketball, football, etc.
2. Grill out some beef - Have the grill going with hotdogs and hamburgers.
3. Have plenty of lawn chairs where they could hang out and chat.
4. Inside I would have video games, TV, ping pong, aerobic exercises, and weights inside.
5. I would find some ministry minded guy to give devotions over a camp fire that night.

We also have a community building in our church where we would let them come after school to study and do their homework. I continued in this ministry while I had enough adults for support.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, encourage them to go to Church and take their sons is the best thing. That's not ideal because so many Churches are like McDonalds. They'll serve you, but that's about it.

I actually like Rockytopva's ideas. But the bottom line is that you got to get these men together with there sons and daughters. Things are tough in some neighborhoods, no doubt. But love is free. And love in this case is raising up a child right. Then, they can get out of their situation. They can break the family curse they are in. It takes the father who is down and out to say to the son or daughter, "you can do better than me. Learn from my mistakes and let me tell you how to get in the game."

To get in the game is easy. Anyone can do it. But if the father gets them into a good Church, then Christ will be on their side. But good grades, obeying the Law, and being in a family will go a long way. Christ being on their side will be most important, but understanding how to live in this world will help greatly.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Well, encourage them to go to Church and take their sons is the best thing. That's not ideal because so many Churches are like McDonalds. They'll serve you, but that's about it.

I actually like Rockytopva's ideas. But the bottom line is that you got to get these men together with there sons and daughters. Things are tough in some neighborhoods, no doubt. But love is free. And love in this case is raising up a child right. Then, they can get out of their situation. They can break the family curse they are in. It takes the father who is down and out to say to the son or daughter, "you can do better than me. Learn from my mistakes and let me tell you how to get in the game."

To get in the game is easy. Anyone can do it. But if the father gets them into a good Church, then Christ will be on their side. But good grades, obeying the Law, and being in a family will go a long way. Christ being on their side will be most important, but understanding how to live in this world will help greatly.

FHII thank you son of God,I do try and tell them that but maybe I don't do a very good job. Many of them carry a lot of pride over sinful things it can be very difficult to reach them. Once in a while I let my toungue get the better of me and say some of the meanest cuttingest things a man could tell another man. It seems to humble them and a few have left me crying admitting they will admit their sins to the Lord. Have you ever seen anything like that ? I hate being so hard on them but I don't know I am only 28.