Power to become

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Let me ask you a question.
What are you becoming?

Everyone, who is breathing, is in the process of becoming.
Everyone, is in the process of spiritually evolving towards a final end result.
None of us will live long enough on the earth to complete the process, but many will certainly reach an advanced stage of existence and performance within this "becoming" process.

The backslid, the unsaved, the unbeliever, the Christ rejectors, are in the process of becoming more like the devil as he is their father. (John 8:44)
This is what their becoming process leads them towards every second.
To be more and more like the devil is their "becoming"..

The Christian, that is the born again believer, is in the process of becoming more like the devil.....also.......Unless, they are living in complete surrender and obedience,... submitting themselves min by min, day by day, year by year, to God and his will, and if they continue to do this, they are changed from glory to glory (2nd Corin 3:18) towards the fullness of the stature of Christ.
If they do not submit to the will of God, constantly & consistently, then they eventually backslide towards becoming more like the devil.
You can never backslide towards becoming more holy or more like God.
You can only backslide towards the fallen nature which is the devil's nature.

Now, how does God help us to become more like him?

"for as many as received him (Jesus) he gives them power to become.".(John 1:12)
See that?
That's "Christ in you the hope of Glory".(Colossians 1:27)
Thats the power, thats the anointing, thats the means to execute for God on the Earth all he has for you to do.
And this power, which IS, "Christ in us the hope of Glory", has put us "in Christ", and is on tap, is available, and is designed to recreate us into his image and empower us to do his "mighty works". (John 14:12).
Thats you.

The very power of the resurrected Christ, is literally inside your body right now if you are born again.
The same Jesus who walked on water, raised the dead, healed the sick, and rose from the dead, is living inside you right now.
His Spirit is inside you, it indwells you, it lives within as you have received the very Spirit of Christ., and he indwells you. (Romans 8:9)
And this power, the power of Christ, IF leaned on, relied on, trusted, and released by Faith, can literally reinvent your entire life and do mighty works..(John 14:12)
You are not doing them, but Christ in you who is the same as he was from the beginning, is able to do the very same works through you as he did himself, and through Paul...

Paul said to be a follower of him as he followed Christ. (1st Corin 11:1)
This literally means to "do the same".. "be the same"..."act the same"..."believe the same"..."become the same".
And what did Paul do?......He did what Jesus did and what Jesus told him to do.
And Jesus did what he saw the Father do...(John 5:19)
Thats what you are to do....
And how are you to do it?
You are not to try to do it in your own power or energy or will or effort as this is carnal effort.
You are to do "all things Through Christ who strengthens you". (Philippians 4:13)

And what authority do you have to become more like Jesus and to do his works?.
You are now a Son of God.
That is your position in the family of God..
You are bone of his bones and flesh of his flesh...(Ephesians 5:30)
You are indwelled with the Spirit of Christ.
That is your Power on tap to do for God what he wills.
And how do you access the unlimited power of the Spirit of Christ.?
By Faith..
And, its by deeply understanding and accepting the revelation of who you are and what you are "in Christ" that your Faith becomes empowered and energized and unleashed to access God's power (riches in Glory) to change circumstance. .
Saint, all a miracle is, is the power of God to change a circumstance from wrong to right, from lack to increase, from lost to saved, from darkness to light.
God is the Power, Christ is the Spirit, and you are just the faithful "in Christ" transmission device.

And because You are "in Christ", and he is in you., then the power available for creating the miracle, this divine power to change a wrong circumstance into a right circumstance, is available from God, to Christ, to Paul, to You, by the prayer of Faith.
Remember your bible told you that,... "the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much". (James 5:16).???
Availeth, means "to be strong" or "strength", and here it is speaking of the spiritual authority of a believer's prayer of faith, to act on God's behalf, and therebyaccess God's divine power that will change a circumstance, as need be..

Believer, you are that righteous one, as the righteousness of Christ has become yours as the indwelling Christ is now becoming you.......(Galatians 2:20)

K

Reactions: Episkopos

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a citizen of heaven

seekandfind

Jun 21, 2012
Great study Kidron,

It goes into application of the word (being doers of the word and not hearers only,) and there are just so many scriptures throughout the bible that back it up.

Was a great read and very edifying.

Thank you,

seekandfind

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Great study Kidron,

It goes into application of the word (being doers of the word and not hearers only,) and there are just so many scriptures throughout the bible that back it up.

Thank you,

seekandfind
Great study Kidron,

Thank you,

seekandfind

seekandfind,..

Im glad you took the time to read it.
Thank you.

Its so good to know that we have access to all that God has, all that God is, and all that God can do.
We are his, he is ours, we are one, "in Christ", and the very access that Christ has to his Father, we have also as we are "one".
Faith becomes real faith when its built not upon our trying to believe out of thin air...., but rather when its built upon the fact of our
understanding exactly who we are become by >birthright< in the family of God.

Our Faith then connected to the power of Christ when we come to understand who we are by legal birthright, in the Kingdom of God.
When we come to understand that God has created a system of Faith that he is committed to legally by covenant, then we can come to believe our prayers will
be answered not based on our behavior, but based on our legal right as a Son of God to have them answered.
This frees our faith and positions it correctly as God's responsibility to answer us based on >WHO WE ARE IN HIS FAMILY<.
Once a believer gets this revelation, their faith becomes real, instead of just some definition or some obtuse concept.
The bible says we are "joint heirs" not only with Christ but with GOD.....(Romans 8:17)
We, as the Royal Priesthood of God, (1st Peter 2:9) have complete access to God as if we are Christ.
As a matter of fact, he is in us and we are in him. :) .
Even more is the fact that Jesus said he gives us his "glory", in (John 17:22).
God has given us everything he has including his Son......but not ONLY his Son..
We have utter and complete access to ALL of GOD, including his power and his provision....(Just like Christ)
Remarkable.

glory to the Lamb,

K

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me ask you a question.
What are you becoming?

Everyone, who is breathing, is in the process of becoming.
Everyone, is in the process of spiritually evolving towards a final end result.
None of us will live long enough on the earth to complete the process, but many will certainly reach an advanced stage of existence and performance within this "becoming" process.

The backslid, the unsaved, the unbeliever, the Christ rejectors, are in the process of becoming more like the devil as he is their father. (John 8:44)
This is what their becoming process leads them towards every second.
To be more and more like the devil is their "becoming"..

The Christian, that is the born again believer, is in the process of becoming more like the devil.....also.......Unless, they are living in complete surrender and obedience,... submitting themselves min by min, day by day, year by year, to God and his will, and if they continue to do this, they are changed from glory to glory (2nd Corin 3:18) towards the fullness of the stature of Christ.
If they do not submit to the will of God, constantly & consistently, then they eventually backslide towards becoming more like the devil.
You can never backslide towards becoming more holy or more like God.
You can only backslide towards the fallen nature which is the devil's nature.

Now, how does God help us to become more like him?

"for as many as received him (Jesus) he gives them power to become.".(John 1:12)
See that?
That's "Christ in you the hope of Glory".(Colossians 1:27)
Thats the power, thats the anointing, thats the means to execute for God on the Earth all he has for you to do.
And this power, which IS, "Christ in us the hope of Glory", has put us "in Christ", and is on tap, is available, and is designed to recreate us into his image and empower us to do his "mighty works". (John 14:12).
Thats you.

The very power of the resurrected Christ, is literally inside your body right now if you are born again.
The same Jesus who walked on water, raised the dead, healed the sick, and rose from the dead, is living inside you right now.
His Spirit is inside you, it indwells you, it lives within as you have received the very Spirit of Christ., and he indwells you. (Romans 8:9)
And this power, the power of Christ, IF leaned on, relied on, trusted, and released by Faith, can literally reinvent your entire life and do mighty works..(John 14:12)
You are not doing them, but Christ in you who is the same as he was from the beginning, is able to do the very same works through you as he did himself, and through Paul...

Paul said to be a follower of him as he followed Christ. (1st Corin 11:1)
This literally means to "do the same".. "be the same"..."act the same"..."believe the same"..."become the same".
And what did Paul do?......He did what Jesus did and what Jesus told him to do.
And Jesus did what he saw the Father do...(John 5:19)
Thats what you are to do....
And how are you to do it?
You are not to try to do it in your own power or energy or will or effort as this is carnal effort.
You are to do "all things Through Christ who strengthens you". (Philippians 4:13)

And what authority do you have to become more like Jesus and to do his works?.
You are now a Son of God.
That is your position in the family of God..
You are bone of his bones and flesh of his flesh...(Ephesians 5:30)
You are indwelled with the Spirit of Christ.
That is your Power on tap to do for God what he wills.
And how do you access the unlimited power of the Spirit of Christ.?
By Faith..
And, its by deeply understanding and accepting the revelation of who you are and what you are "in Christ" that your Faith becomes empowered and energized and unleashed to access God's power (riches in Glory) to change circumstance. .
Saint, all a miracle is, is the power of God to change a circumstance from wrong to right, from lack to increase, from lost to saved, from darkness to light.
God is the Power, Christ is the Spirit, and you are just the faithful "in Christ" transmission device.

And because You are "in Christ", and he is in you., then the power available for creating the miracle, this divine power to change a wrong circumstance into a right circumstance, is available from God, to Christ, to Paul, to You, by the prayer of Faith.
Remember your bible told you that,... "the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much". (James 5:16).???
Availeth, means "to be strong" or "strength", and here it is speaking of the spiritual authority of a believer's prayer of faith, to act on God's behalf, and therebyaccess God's divine power that will change a circumstance, as need be..

Believer, you are that righteous one, as the righteousness of Christ has become yours as the indwelling Christ is now becoming you.......(Galatians 2:20)

K

Very good! God bless you! <><

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I am becoming very old and very tired, and I long to go home to be with my blessed Lord and Saviour. Other than that, I hope I am becoming more like Christ, but I have my doubts about that. One day "we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
I am becoming very old and very tired, and I long to go home to be with my blessed Lord and Saviour. Other than that, I hope I am becoming more like Christ, but I have my doubts about that. One day "we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2

Ive good news for you.
God already sees you as exactly like Christ., that is to say, you have the righteousness of God already.
God sees you as sinless, my brother, so, it cant get much better then that.....
And what you are speaking of, is the "old man", the "old nature" that even Paul had to admit was "evil with me when i would do good".
However, the born again part, ...that redeemed part of you that God views as just like Christ., cant get any more sinless.
Isnt that amazing?
That is such Good News.
As a matter of fact you are already seated with Christ, right now, next to God, "in heavenly places".
Now all that happens next is that your body finally catches up...
See you there.

K

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
On earth to love and live a sanctified and holy life in Jesus.
Ultimately to see my Jesus eternally and walk,talk, shout, and sing and tell Him how I made it over!

tcross.us

Jul 17, 2012
San Antonio
The best thing we can do once we discover where we are going and how we are growing in this journey is to do your best to do good and live as righteously as you can. We will never be as pure as Jesus but our works in his name will be recognized. God gave us free will, which can be viewed as given the "power to become". With that said, become the best you that God intended you to be and God's favor will surely follow. Blessings!!

Reactions: tcross.us

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
The best thing we can do once we discover where we are going and how we are growing in this journey is to do your best to do good and live as righteously as you can. We will never be as pure as Jesus but our works in his name will be recognized. God gave us free will, which can be viewed as given the "power to become". With that said, become the best you that God intended you to be and God's favor will surely follow. Blessings!!

tcross.us....thanx for the comment..\
I wanted to speak to your...."we will never be as pure as Jesus"...comment.
well..............yes and no. :D

On one hand, the born again US is trapped inside alongside a hungry mind of the flesh, and in this situation we the redeemed "spiritual man" are required to present our bodies a living sacrifice.......we are to control and discipline the deeds of our body......yes this is true, and because WE have to do this its then obvious that we are a born again work in progress....
BUT, in the eyes of God, in the history of God, in the future of God, and in the present of God, we ARE sinless.
You , me, and every born again person, is as righteous, is as perfect, and is as holy, as God and Christ..........RIGHT NOW and TOMORROW and forever according to God.
And this is because when we were redeemed, we were restored to a position in the family of God as sinless, based on our complete redemption through Christ.
And the way this occurred, is....God took the very Righteousness of himself, manifested in the incarnation, and through the Cross imparted it, imputed it, and gave it to us, as a free and eternal gift.
His very righteousness is now our very righteousness.
This is Grace, this is Salvation.
Its a mystery, its a miracle, its a free gift ......
Ephesians 2:6 says you are CURRENTLY seated next to God in heaven.
This could not be possible unless you were as holy as God right now.<<.

now you think about that today WHILE you try not to sin today and tomorrow........

K