Pray for my impruving for English Language

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sep 15, 2011
Russia, Obninsk between Moscow and Kaluga
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
I am a Russian man. When I was a pupil and a student, I had been studying German. From time to time I tried to study English, but each time I left exercises because I didn't see any necessity to do it.
But recently I was suggested by my Lord, that I must improve my English and must try for it more and more.
The matter is so:
With God's help I opened such things, unknown before, that it can be seen how scientific knowledge is according with the Divine Word. I've read something about such searchings, but my ones are original, but founded on the Divine Word.
I've read, that God can open for simple man that, that wise man cannot to see (without God's help), but I couldn't expect, that I can open anything myself. But it is happen.
And now it is my duty to share for other peoples with my openings. So I must know English.
To study English is very hard thing for me. To remember each word I need a host of repeating. My memory is not so well, I often forget some words. But my Lord suggest me to try and try. I study English only myself, without teachers. Before and now I haven't possibilities to go to teachers. I think, the best way for me is communication with English speaking Christians.
Each morning, each evening I pray and confess my creed in English, often read the Bible KJV, comparing with Russian text.
It is curiously: My friends, also who lived a short period in London and heard English speaking, said, that I speak English with German accent. Do you see? I am Russian, but speak English not with Russian, but with German accent!
Please, pray to Lord, that He help me more in improving of my English. Yet I have nobody around myself, who can help my in my studying. Only God and you - English speaking Christians.

To affirm my knowledge for English, I try to rhyme words, which are in my memory:

My prayer

How I wish, that every nation
Come and get their salvation.
What can I do and what must I
Do for it? Only pray and sigh?
My Lord! I ask You: don’t delay,
But soon define for good my way!
I know I must try for it,
But hope: You will lead my feet.

Hiroki

Aug 12, 2011
I am Japanese and I am also not good in English. But it doesn't mean I can't learn English. Before when I speak in English, I have the Japanese accent. You know, Japanese have no "L." Most of them can't say 'la!' I am blessed because I can use letter l with consistent practice. You are good in English. You just use you skill everyday. Trust me, the more you use your skill, the more you improve. That is kind of weird but it is true. Last year, surprisingly, my teacher chose me to narrate the story of Jesus Christ in Christmas. I was kind of surprised and nervous but it is exciting. I prayed to God and read the Bible. That really helped me. God answered my prayer. He used my teacher to train me in reading correctly since I am the narrator. In Christmas, I did what I must do and didn't fail. I praised God for guiding me. I was 13 years old and not really good in English but many parents there praised me and said that my accent was like ,I think, a British. Anyway, instead of saying like, "that's practice" I said "Glory to God." Now, I'm improving my language skill. I read Christian logic books and defining the unfamiliar words. But it's fun. The Holy Spirit guided me.

I pray that you will be good in English even though I don't know you. But there is no such thing as stranger when it comes to loving others. Also there is no such thing as hard if you will study it :D May God bless you.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's blessings Hiroki and Andrey!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What a lovely poem Andrey!

I hope we are able to help you with your walk with God in learning English with an English accent. I am a New Zealander by the way....and have a New Zealand accent. It is kind of fast and the words tend to melt together....Americans find it hard to understand sometimes, for example our word for ball, sounds like the word bowl to Americans..hehe!

Bless you and glad you are here! ^_^

Sep 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
.Americans find it hard to understand sometimes, for example our word for ball, sounds like the word bowl to Americans..hehe!

^_^

But there is one Russian humorist, who gather fun stories about Americans, and telling these ones, make multitude of Russian laugh. American embassy, where it became known, don't give him permission to visit USA.

Sep 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
What a lovely poem Andrey!
If you with, you show this and other my poems to other. I write ones myself, but I couldn't make it, if the Holy Ghost didn't make me study English for it. Before suggesting of God I was very lazy in studying and I couldn't make myself to study for a long time. But God want me to make Him glory in foreign language before other peoples, that they can learn and know, how God is acting through man.

Sep 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
I am not taught for English
By teachers and friends any when,
But I am caught like a little fish
From sea of different men;
And That, Who had caught me, had said me:
You must study English for sake