prayer canceling out prayer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was in a similar situation. I wasn't believed when I said I was sexually abused. Im unsure if my sibling came forward or not, but I'm concerned anyway what would happen if they had believed me, since they take care of my dad now. While I prayed the Truth be known, I think it worked out for the good. I can't have him around my family as an alcoholic, but still care about him as my dad.

I don't know. I think prayer is opening our hearts up to God. He cares. He doesn't always answer the way we want or think we need. I am grateful God does know the Truth of every matter though and knows the best for every situation no matter how hard it is.
@Mayflower Your experience reminds me of Isaiah 48.10....Great that the Lord brought you through...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower I think this is the point of the verse; sometimes He does not save us from the deep affliction but He brings us through it, preserving us.

Oh I get you now. Sorry. I read the verse and my brain is mush right now. :/ I got to go though with work. Bless y'all.

Reactions: farouk

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower I think this is the point of the verse; sometimes He does not save us from the deep affliction but He brings us through it, preserving us.
Yes!! I have experienced both ....but mostly "through."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you care about one or more of them?

Because you want the right thing (whatever that may be) to be done?
Do we not all desire for souls to be saved . And yet not everyone will be saved .
I have noticed things . Often folks can pray for the wrong things . Like say for example
one is jealous or envious of another and thus they pray that a child will die , JUST because another one whom
they hate are praying that the child will live . THEN the child dies . DOES this make
the person who prayed for the child to die RIGHT . Just cause GOD was in control .
heart two soul might know what i am speaking about .
Just cause the evil person prayed the death of the child and the other prayed life for the child and yet the child died
does not justify the evil one who prayed its death nor does it make the other one who prayed life for it wrong .
GOD is in control . The evil one who prayed the death of the child , may have FELT JUSTIFIED , but truly
they were simply allowed to continue in the DELUSION . Our truth does not come
from the outcome of what occurs in this world , but rather TRUTH COMETH of EVERY WORD OF GOD .
HEART TWO SOUL YOU STAND FIRM IN THE LORD . But just understand that things happen and GOD is always in control .
PLUS that child is with the KING NOW .

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
March ever onwards in the glorious LORD my friends . The LORD , IT IS HE WHO IS OUR HOPE and OUR SALVATION .

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we not all desire for souls to be saved . And yet not everyone will be saved .
I have noticed things . Often folks can pray for the wrong things . Like say for example
one is jealous or envious of another and thus they pray that a child will die , JUST because another one whom
they hate are praying that the child will live . THEN the child dies . DOES this make
the person who prayed for the child to die RIGHT . Just cause GOD was in control .
Just cause the evil person prayed the death of the child and the other prayed life for the child and yet the child died
does not justify the evil one who prayed its death nor does it make the other one who prayed life for it wrong .
GOD is in control . The evil one who prayed the death of the child , may have FELT JUSTIFIED , but truly
from the outcome of what occurs in this world , but rather TRUTH COMETH of EVERY WORD OF GOD .
HEART TWO SOUL YOU STAND FIRM IN THE LORD . But just understand that things happen and GOD is always in control .
people would get mad at me for this when i said it...but pople who pray who seem to have intentions all about themselves, it feels like witchcraft to the person who is hurt.
many people said they pray for me. a few of them are quick to say something hurtful or judgmental about me.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
people would get mad at me for this when i said it...but pople who pray who seem to have intentions all about themselves, it feels like witchcraft to the person who is hurt.
many people said they pray for me. a few of them are quick to say something hurtful or judgmental about me.
Sis, it is witchcraft. I had this done to me all the time at the cult-church. (For those who don't know, this was a "Christian" church by all outward appearances. But it was headed and run by cult operatives and handlers.) They manipulate and play mind games with the words they use in "prayers" over you. They are actually imposing their will over the person they're "praying" over ....as opposed to praying for or with.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has certainly happened in my experience, @amigo de christo. A month before my son was diagnosed, I had a dream that someone who hated me so vehemently was after my son to kill him (to hurt me). In my dream, I tried everything I knew ....locked doors, kept checking on Matt and he was in his room, not a care in the world, smiles, happy, not alarmed in the least. But I knew the attack came from satan, through a person who hated me viciously. Matt had faith through it all, and trusted God to the end. We knew God heals and believed He would. But that wasn't God's plan. I know my enemies rejoice, and believe they won. But my son isn't lost. He's part of that great cloud of witnesses. I'll be with him again, and it won't be long. We're so near the end of this thing.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has certainly happened in my experience, @amigo de christo. A month before my son was diagnosed, I had a dream that someone who hated me so vehemently was after my son to kill him (to hurt me). In my dream, I tried everything I knew ....locked doors, kept checking on Matt and he was in his room, not a care in the world, smiles, happy, not alarmed in the least. But I knew the attack came from satan, through a person who hated me viciously. Matt had faith through it all, and trusted God to the end. We knew God heals and believed He would. But that wasn't God's plan. I know my enemies rejoice, and believe they won. But my son isn't lost. He's part of that great cloud of witnesses. I'll be with him again, and it won't be long. We're so near the end of this thing.
That is right sister , you just CLING to the glorious KING to the final end . Our hope is in the LORD .
every lamb that has departed from this life is now present with the glorious KING . It is us who are left in this world.
But not without hope . WE KNOW our LORD is a coming and we know our end is good . You just pull those boot straps on sister
and march right into the trenches . For it is now an all out final hour battle for the souls of men .And only those who KNOW JESUS
will have a good end .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this ol life mathew had his sufferings , but not without HOPE . In the end the lambs are with JESUS . having all HOPE IN HIM .
No matter what we suffer in this life ,whether GOD heal us or not , SO LONG as have HIM the END IS ONLY WONDERFUL GOOD .
You just give ol pepsi a petting and praise the glorious LORD dear sister .

Reactions: TLHKAJ

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a woman confides in another family member that about sexual abuse.
this person is praying for a heart change in this relative that she will see the truth. she is praying for herself to know the truth as well.
the other woman is into spirituality as well. she is praying because she sees this woman as unforgiving, crazy and making it up. there have been reports by another relative that this cant be possible cos it didnt hapepn to them. the younger woman feels she is being resented .
God does not seem to be answering either of their prayers apparently.
why bother to pray for any of it for both of them?
"Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest." Proverbs 26:2

Meaning a curse (or an unjust prayer) has no effect. God won't answer a prayer to anything that isn't in his will.

God's answer is not always immediate but that doesn't mean that he doesn't answer, and sometimes the best prayer is for the Lord to intervene and use it for his purpose.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest." Proverbs 26:2

Meaning a curse (or an unjust prayer) has no effect. God won't answer a prayer to anything that isn't in his will.

God's answer is not always immediate but that doesn't mean that he doesn't answer, and sometimes the best prayer is for the Lord to intervene and use it for his purpose.
Yes indeed dear sister . But many folks can pray some seriously evil prayers and they can come to pass .
AND that only makes them beleive GOD is with them and for them .
But according to scrips , GOD makes it very clear that he will answer the person accoriding to the IDOLS of their own hearts .
That if the prophet be decieved , I THE LORD GOD HAVE DECIEVED that prophet .
OH YES that can happen . LOOK at all the kennys and bennys , the paula whites and others who often pray for money .
THEY GOT RICH . YET THEY POOR and BANKRUPT and yet they beleive GOD IS WITH THEM .
AND HE IS NOT . THEY been delivered over to the idols of their hearts . HE has done this in times past and HE does it even now .
IMMANUEL . GOD IS WITH US . AND THUS LAMBS , TRUE ONES , they HEED IMMANUEL , THEY HEED JESUS .
That is how ye shall know them . BY THEIR FRUITS . DO they keep the sayings of JESUS or not . THAT Is how YOU GONNA KNOW THEM .

Reactions: DuckieLady

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
March on FLUFFY and all , our prize awaits us on the glorious DAY OF THE LORD .
JESUS is our treasure , our prosperity , our riches . Let all who name the glorious name of JESUS
depart from inquity and love ER word HE EVER taught .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed dear sister . But many folks can pray some seriously evil prayers and they can come to pass .
AND that only makes them beleive GOD is with them and for them .
But according to scrips , GOD makes it very clear that he will answer the person accoriding to the IDOLS of their own hearts .
That if the prophet be decieved , I THE LORD GOD HAVE DECIEVED that prophet .
OH YES that can happen . LOOK at all the kennys and bennys , the paula whites and others who often pray for money .
THEY GOT RICH . YET THEY POOR and BANKRUPT and yet they beleive GOD IS WITH THEM .
AND HE IS NOT . THEY been delivered over to the idols of their hearts . HE has done this in times past and HE does it even now .
IMMANUEL . GOD IS WITH US . AND THUS LAMBS , TRUE ONES , they HEED IMMANUEL , THEY HEED JESUS .
That is how ye shall know them . BY THEIR FRUITS . DO they keep the sayings of JESUS or not . THAT Is how YOU GONNA KNOW THEM .
Yes! And that reminds me these are same teachers of prosperity gospel, or the "this is your season" every day teachers.

Remember Romans 8:28, it doesn't matter what it is, sometimes it is our hard times that God is using to shape us into obedience.

In the making of a katana sword, first it is forged in fire, and the way they test its quality and strength is by examining it in the dark.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! And that reminds me these are same teachers of prosperity gospel, or the "this is your season" every day teachers.

Remember Romans 8:28, it doesn't matter what it is, sometimes it is our hard times that God is using to shape us into obedience.

In the making of a katana sword, first it is forged in fire, and the way they test its quality and strength is by examining it in the dark.
The FIERY TRIALS OF OUR FAITH . Yes indeed . The furnace of affliction shall not destroy the lambs , it refines the lambs .
For not only is it appointed unto us to beleive ON HIM but also to SUFFER for His name sake .
Would you like to hear what JESUS called a blessing .
BLESSED are you WHEN , WHEN men shall hate you and despitefully use you . BLESSED .
Ever wonder why the apostels REJOICED when counted worthy to suffer for His name .
THEM prosperity blab it and grab it , HAVE NO IDEA of the true abundant life IN JESUS , no matter how rich they get they only poor .
BUT KNOWING JESUS , IS A TREASURE , AS HE IS OUR TREASURE and OUR PROSPERITY . I HOPE that encouraged you dear
sister . IT SURE rejoiced my soul to be reminded of it .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The FIERY TRIALS OF OUR FAITH . Yes indeed . The furnace of affliction shall not destroy the lambs , it refines the lambs .
For not only is it appointed unto us to beleive ON HIM but also to SUFFER for His name sake .
Would you like to hear what JESUS called a blessing .
BLESSED are you WHEN , WHEN men shall hate you and despitefully use you . BLESSED .
Ever wonder why the apostels REJOICED when counted worthy to suffer for His name .
THEM prosperity blab it and grab it , HAVE NO IDEA of the true abundant life IN JESUS , no matter how rich they get they only poor .
BUT KNOWING JESUS , IS A TREASURE , AS HE IS OUR TREASURE and OUR PROSPERITY . I HOPE that encouraged you dear
sister . IT SURE rejoiced my soul to be reminded of it .
Amen! Yes, it does for me, too. Nothing else can compare.

Reactions: amigo de christo