Prayer for brother, friend...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Praise God we have one other to be here for. As many of us know, we have at least two brothers on here who are battling cancer. These we love and pray for, they are our spiritual family. We lift the families of these our brothers and sisters.
Tonight I come to you all with at least two specific prayer requests (Specific as we already have our beloved brothers @amadeus and @Devin55212 already and always in our prayers)
I have a brother one year older than I, he will be going in for a lung resection on Jan. 10th. He has many other issues with his, liver, heart, kidneys...so he has much against him even though young.
i just the other day found out about a high school friend, whom I and several others from high school have seen several times a year now for many years, she is a Christian, her name is Wendy. She is not going for traditional treatment and will be doing what she has for years, going holistic. She is adamant when speaking to her that God is going to heal her and this is how I will pray. Her mom. also a Christian woman died from the same thing. They as a family, owned two bar/restaurants over the decades and the whole family worked there for like, ever. back then, smoking was still allowed and let me tell you, where she worked and all the second hand smoke did not help.
I now understand what it means when they say "Getting old is not for wimps"
God be with our family and friends, we love you Lord and ask this boldly as we approach your throne, in your son Jesus name, Amen.
Love this post @Nancy thank you for the reminder. I will be praying all the folks you have mentioned including my brother who is also battling with bowel cancer. Praise Jesus for the gift of prayer xox

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love this post @Nancy thank you for the reminder. I will be praying all the folks you have mentioned including my brother who is also battling with bowel cancer. Praise Jesus for the gift of prayer xox
Thank you Angelina, I truly covet your prayers. I am sorry to hear about your own brother and will keep him in my prayers sister, thank you and God bless!!!

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We just had an earthquake at my work just now sister. I had to grab one of the residents because the windows were shaking so violently, I thought they would smash around her. Bless you sister. Prayer would be appreciated xox :pray:
Oh my! I have just now seen this Angelina! You have my fervent prayer for this, right now!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we pray too much for too many people in need? I really doubt that. Let us all pray for all of those we know and see hear about. Our God is able? Are we? We are able call on Him:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Just ask God to also help you ask the right things. What are they? God knows!
Onward in the LORD my friend . HE is our hope and our salvation and is with the lambs through it all . Praise be to His glorious name .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting a big thank you all for praying for my brother Frank. He had the surgery Monday, they said they got it all...I have heard that before!!! Ha, but we have God and He has been glorified, my brother now has to deal with his platelet count being out of range. They did not have to take the whole lobe, praise God! He had a chest tube that hurt from the moment they put it in, it's been taken out but he still feels the pain like it was still there...my guess it wasn't inserted correctly and he is having pain there and is concerned about infection. He also has to be on Heparin which is ALSO concerning him. He's worried that he will be bleeding inside and not know it...I told him the doc will be having him get his blood work done to make sure all is well. He is a worry wart yet is still praising God as he did not think he'd make it out of surgery. Wish he had the faith as strong as @amadeus :)
Thanks bro's and sissys!!!!
xoxoxo

yokefellow

Jan 10, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, friends - - As I read and pray along through all these prayers, I'm reminded of all the promises made by our Father which give us the lovely, blessed assurance that He hears all of our prayers, like this beautiful one that says, “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers” … 1 Peter 3:12

God loves us so much.

Last edited: