Pre-Trib out of obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply commanded to watch as I do not know the hour the Lord comes.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:13

Reactions: marks

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply commanded to watch as I do not know the hour the Lord comes.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:13
Are you aware, rocky, that being diligent has more to do with staying geared towards doing responsible work, and good stewardship, than about trying to guess the time Christ is coming back? You can't prepare for Christ's return by figuring out the code to what day he is returning. If you wait until the last day, it will already be too late.

Rather, you prepare *now* for Christ's Coming, knowing you don't know or have to know when it will be. That doesn't at all mean that he can come "at any time." It only means we are to constantly be ready for the Kingdom by doing what we're supposed to be doing every day, serving the Lord and living for the glory of God.

In other words, we prepare for Christ's Coming by being diligent about living as a Christian should. We do not expect him "at any moment," but we expect that every day we are to do our best to live Christian lives. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the false notion that "Christ can come back at any moment!"

We are to keep our eyes skyward not because we think he can come at any time, and not because we think by watching we will not be caught unawares. This is absurd. Watching for him does only one thing, and that is, it reminds us that he is coming, and yes, for all of mankind that day is coming soon. We live relatively short lives, and as history goes it will be a short time historically, as well.

Christ has already come once. And so everything is geared towards getting ready for final judgment, and preparation for a whole new world. Let's keep our eyes above and remember that we are to be watchful not just for his Coming but also for deceivers that would throw us off track.

There are those, Jesus said, who would claim his Coming will be an earthly one, as some earth-bound Messiah will claim to be literally establishing a Kingdom on earth today. But we are told that his Coming will be unmistakable--from heaven and in full sight of all. We can rest assured that we will not be taken by surprise if we are presently and continually living for him!

Take care...

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is returning in the clouds for those expecting Him ==Those that reject the rapture are left behind!!

Hebrews 9:28

28 thus the Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, shall appear to those that look for him the second time without sin for salvation.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is returning in the clouds for those expecting Him ==Those that reject the rapture are left behind!!

Hebrews 9:28

28 thus the Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, shall appear to those that look for him the second time without sin for salvation.
2 Kings 24.14 He carried all Jerusalem into exile: all the officers and fighting men, and all the skilled workers and artisans—a total of ten thousand. Only the poorest people of the land were left.
2 Kings 25.12 But the commander left behind some of the poorest people of the land to work the vineyards and fields.

The passage in the Olivet Discourse indicating some will be left, when the Roman Army invades, speaks of those who are left to manage the fields for the Romans. Both those taken away into exile, and those left to manage the fields, were being *judged.*

Those taken and those left behind were *not* being divided into two groups, one saved, and the others judged. *All* of them were being judged. That's why Jerusalem and its temple were being *destroyed!*

Matt 24.39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

The Flood brought judgment to *all.* In the same way, the Romans would bring judgment to all Israel, only leaving some behind to manage the fields for the Romans. In this case, some will be left to keep "grinding with a hand mill."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ==shall appear to those that look for him==those not looking are not being caught up!!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pre-Tribbers are DISobedient?

what of post-tribbers, who are looking for antichrist, and the Great Tribulation, when we,
The Body Of Christ, are plainly told, instead of "looking for the Wicked one," to

"look, watch, and (patiently) wait for" the following?:

The HOLY ONE, The LORD JESUS CHRIST!
(2 Thessalonians 2:1; Romans 8:18-19; Romans 8:23; Romans 8:25;
1 Corinthians 1:7; Ephesians 6:12-18; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 4:1-3;
1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:5-11; Titus 2:13)

How is that "being disobedient"?

Above Scriptural 'point' borrowed from:

Pre-Trib Great Grace Departure I
Pre-Trib Great Grace Departure II

Amen.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ==shall appear to those that look for him==those not looking are not being caught up!!
IF so, then how are "believers, not looking for Him," Judged By Him, for "bad works"?:
Because:

(5) CHRIST “Gathers His Body” To Himself, to Take them To Heaven...
(2 Thessalonians 2:1-3; 1 Corinthians 15:49; 2 Corinthians 12:2, 5:1-2;
Ephesians 1:3, 20, 2:6; Philippians 3:20; 2 Timothy 4:18!)

6)...For The Judgment Seat Of CHRIST, For HIS Heavenly Body,
By The Head Himself!... (Romans 2:6, 16, 14:10-12;
1 Corinthians 3:8-15, 4:5, 6:20; 2 Corinthians 5:10;
Ephesians 6:8; Colossians 3:24-25!)

(7a) ...After Judgment, the GRACE assembly Is Then Presented as
A Glorious Church, To CHRIST Himself!... (Ephesians 5:27!)

(7b) ...And, Then CHRIST Will Present His Body, holy and
unblameable and unreproveable, In His Sight, To His Father,
In Heaven
, Where we Live Forever And Ever! Amen!
(1 Thessalonians 3:13; Colossians 1:5, 22;
1 Corinthians 6:3; 2 Corinthians 5:1-2 KJB!) *

--------------
Thus, ALL "members of The Body Of Christ," WILL Be "Caught Up" -
ALL Thanks To HIS Precious BLOOD! Amen.

* Borrowed from:

The Great GRACE Departure, According to The Heavenly Mystery!

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this event were post trib it would rather well announced!