Preacher's Arrest Won't Keep Him Quiet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preacher's arrest won't keep him quiet
Charlie Butts
- OneNewsNow - 7/22/20106:45:00AM
handcuffs.jpg

Pastor Ronnie Wallace faces an August 23 court date after his arrest in Charlotte, North Carolina, for preaching the gospel in front of an abortion clinic.

The disabled veteran was sitting on a step-ladder and preaching on a public easement outside the Family Reproductive Health Abortion Clinic when he was arrested by seven police officers. One ordered him to stop preaching. When he declined, he was taken into custody on a vague charge of placing or maintaining an obstruction in the right of way.

Pastor Wallace contends there was no obstruction and reports that he was 12 feet away from traffic. But he does understand why clinic owners are upset with him. "We have done what God has called us to do in this society, in this city, at this time, and it's having a profound effect on the people who want to shut us up," he explains.

That effect, he says, is that many women arriving for abortions have sought alternate help, deciding to give their children life -- and that, he adds, costs the abortion clinic money. But the street preacher assures that his arrest will not deter him in the future.

"I'm not going to be shut up," he declares. "I'm going to speak, I'm going to preach it, I'm going to tell it everywhere I go, and it doesn't make any difference to me how many of them get upset by it. They can't disprove anything that I say, so they want me to stop saying it."

During the August trial, Wallace intends to prove that police violated his constitutional right to free speech and that he has a right to be bold in defense of the unborn.

http://www.onenewsno...aspx?id=1094324

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Preacher's arrest won't keep him quiet
Charlie Butts
- OneNewsNow - 7/22/20106:45:00AM
handcuffs.jpg

Pastor Ronnie Wallace faces an August 23 court date after his arrest in Charlotte, North Carolina, for preaching the gospel in front of an abortion clinic.

The disabled veteran was sitting on a step-ladder and preaching on a public easement outside the Family Reproductive Health Abortion Clinic when he was arrested by seven police officers. One ordered him to stop preaching. When he declined, he was taken into custody on a vague charge of placing or maintaining an obstruction in the right of way.

Pastor Wallace contends there was no obstruction and reports that he was 12 feet away from traffic. But he does understand why clinic owners are upset with him. "We have done what God has called us to do in this society, in this city, at this time, and it's having a profound effect on the people who want to shut us up," he explains.

That effect, he says, is that many women arriving for abortions have sought alternate help, deciding to give their children life -- and that, he adds, costs the abortion clinic money. But the street preacher assures that his arrest will not deter him in the future.

"I'm not going to be shut up," he declares. "I'm going to speak, I'm going to preach it, I'm going to tell it everywhere I go, and it doesn't make any difference to me how many of them get upset by it. They can't disprove anything that I say, so they want me to stop saying it."

During the August trial, Wallace intends to prove that police violated his constitutional right to free speech and that he has a right to be bold in defense of the unborn.

http://www.onenewsno...aspx?id=1094324

I can't help imagining Pastor Wallace at the abortion clinic looking around to see how many other christians joined him, Where was the many christians standing behind him? How many will stand with him in court? In the public's eyes" silence is acceptance". I know the Lord was looking for other followers who were standing with Pastor Wallace. It is ashame that Pastor's battle for the lives of unborn children was not important enough for other christians to get on the battle front. This happens all too often through out America and the world. I'm sure many styed behind safe colosed doors in their homes or churches praying for Pastor Wallace's effort and probably will do the same at his court appearence. Where are the soldiers of the Cross. How many christians stand behind the Teen Pregnancy Centers in their areas?