Preachers of the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you bring your self under the instruction of the law is that just another way of saying I’m bring myself under the law? What were the Galatians doing?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you bring your self under the instruction of the law is that just another way of saying I’m bring myself under the law? What were the Galatians doing?
The Galatians were trying to be JUSTIFIED by the law:

"You who are trying to be justified by the law..." Galatians 5:4

Meanwhile, the law is useful as follows...

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16

"Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it legitimately (or properly)." 1 Timothy 1:8
Using the law to earn a declaration of righteousness, that is what is forbidden about the law.
When you do that, that is when you are bringing yourself 'under' the law. Specifically, bringing yourself under the condemnation of the law, for no one is justified by keeping the law, because no one keeps all of the law.

Reactions: dev553344

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't be justified by keeping the Law. Justification is righteousness by faith. As you grow in Christ, you want to walk as He walked . That is sanctification. That is where people do His will. It's a 2 parter. We cannot save ourselves, no matter what we do. Jesus saves us. But we become changed. That is sanctification.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's an old Law too Deuteronomy6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

and Leviticus19:188 ¶ Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any brudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt clove thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's an old Law too Deuteronomy6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

and Leviticus19:188 ¶ Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any brudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt clove thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.
Thanks for pointing that out! Been a long time since I read the OT.