Presidential Election Live Coverage 2020

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Mayflower but surely that is not what Mr Trump Is doing. also, I am not worried or burdened, I was just discussing observations. Xx
Rita

You just seem upset. And I understand. I just think it is time to just let go and let God. I feel like I can breathe tonight, myself. ^_^ though I am going to be exhausted today.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I can place John in the crib though, without him waking up, Im free to catch a little sleep. Goodnight!

R

Rita

You just seem upset. And I understand. I just think it is time to just let go and let God. I feel like I can breathe tonight, myself. ^_^ though I am going to be exhausted today.
No, not upset as such just believe that democracy needs to allow for results to come through first before anyone declares fraud and endeavours to stop it continuing. As the figures , at the time of his statement, shows him behind, it comes across as being fearful of losing and endeavouring to prevent it. Now if the votes continue and he does get more than Biden, what happens to the declaration of fraud !?
I just think he has jumped the gun and not done himself any favours xx
Rita

R

Rita

I guess I have the advantage that it is the beginning of my day - mind you I still need a cuppa, and a coffee !!
Hope you manage to get some sleep Mayflower, otherwise it’s going to be a very ,one day xxxxxx
Rita

Reactions: Mayflower

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Morning @Rita ... Is it compulsory to vote in the UK?
I could google it but ur frontline, u know... Genuine...:D

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is calling the Supreme Court to stop voting, citing fraud and has declared he has won. Claiming victory before the votes are all in, more so when there is no clear conclusion, is slightly concerning.
He claimed, in his speech, that ‘ we were winning everything ‘ if that was true then it would reflect in the electoral College figures. As I write the numbers are Biden 230 Trump 213 - how does that show that he has won everything !
This is just an observation on what is being relayed.
If Biden took this stand I would observe the same thing., fearful of losing and endeavouring to stop it happening.
Sorry, but that’s how it is coming across
Rita

Rita

The news medias are projecting and claiming.
The candidates are Projecting and Claiming.
The People at Large are Projecting and Claiming.

That's is what occurs during...Any kind of Race....Presidental, Horses, Cars, Track, etc.

What is Everything?
States-
House-
Senate-

Every Projection- Votes Tallied- renders Confidance of a win.

Everyone knows Confidance is not a Final Victory.

Everyone knows a wide margin... in the States- House- Senate... presumes a Victory.

Everyone knows ... a Victory of a specific (state's electoral votes, House votes, Senate votes declared) if Close will be Contested....
And Recount will ensue and Fraud Suspicion will be investigated...and the Final Results may take days or weeks.

Every knows Fraud during Voting is always Suspect from the get-go...because of History of Fraud.

Showing ID- is simply a drivers license.
Many foreigners and dead people have drivers licenses. They do not prove citizenship.
Fake Ids are not phenomena's.

And mail-in ballots? Not sure how that proves citizenship.
That also is suspect.

It's a long process, and everyone knows, it's all projected guesswork, opinions and hoping.

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not upset as such just believe that democracy needs to allow for results to come through first before anyone declares fraud and endeavours to stop it continuing. As the figures , at the time of his statement, shows him behind, it comes across as being fearful of losing and endeavouring to prevent it. Now if the votes continue and he does get more than Biden, what happens to the declaration of fraud !?
I just think he has jumped the gun and not done himself any favours xx
Rita

It's about Confidence. Results are about Confidence. Everything can be contested.

Americans regularly have a stance of Confidence... in all kinds of things...and have no reservation in saying so....before a contest even Begins!

It is part of American Culture-
And the Confidence- is not limited to Government Representative Races.
Americans routinely Put their Money where their mouth is...which is to say...willing to put money in a bet...to support their Confidance on what will win in a contest.
Sports events, Horse racing, Lotteries...etc.
All gambling with Confidence and talking with Confidence to win...Before and during the event.
Political races are no different.
Can't say for other Nations...but in the US it is a usual cultural thing.

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita-

Just want to add-
American "sports", especially Football...is weekly throughout the season every year- are
Like mini- political elections without the politics.
Before a contest Begins the fans Predict and Dictate the winners. It's enthusiasm and Confidance and hopeful all rolled together.
Nothing unusual in American Culture.

And routinely, stadiums and "sports bars" are full of people FOR and Against the Teams.
All declaring Victory ... Before the contest Begins.

Taken

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wisconsin just swung to Biden, very tight race that one, only roughly 8k votes as the current margin, with 95% counted in Wisconsin, looks like it's going to come down to the wire.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did Trump declare victory???
Cos the TV here is having such a whinge atm making all kinds of unsubstantiated claims of Trump breaking the law...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Trump declare victory???
Cos the TV here is having such a whinge atm making all kinds of unsubstantiated claims of Trump breaking the law...

Either candidate can declare whatever they want, Not illegal.

Official announcement is made IN the Senate Chamber BY the sitting VP....typically days long After the Media Announces Unofficial declaration.

Taken

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Looks like 5 states left to decide this election.

Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia and Pennsylvania.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I believe if Biden holds onto Nevada, Wisconsin and swings Georgia or Michigan, Biden wins.

But basically Trump has to hold onto all the states Trump is winning and Trump wins.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Biden is chasing up in Michigan, 65k votes is the margin Trump is winning by there now, not long ago the margin was 200k+ votes.

Wisconsin very tight, Trump has narrowed the margin to a little over 7k.

Nevada also very tight with Biden only holding an 8k votes lead.

It's very close in some states.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Either candidate can declare whatever they want, Not illegal.

Official announcement is made IN the Senate Chamber BY the sitting VP....typically days long After the Media Announces Unofficial declaration.

Taken

So has Trump already declared... Hehehehe:D

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hitting the sack now... My prediction remains with the bookiés who still have The Donald favourite

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So has Trump already declared... Hehehehe:D

Trump declaring...eh, no big deal. American customs and Traditions.

As numbers in states rise for one or the other... Confidance rises...media, People, candidates declare...not unusual in American races...During the Race...political, Sports, etc.

Still the Official Declaration is not made until all tallies are in, and still can be disputed.

Taken

Status
Not open for further replies.