Presidential Election Live Coverage 2020

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calm down...
God sets up leaders or deposes them.

This isn't worth getting so worked up over.

God hasn't died or even called in sick. He is still in control. If God wants a particular person at the helm it must be for a reason. I know voting seems to counter that...but it's true.

It's not my intent to Godwin my response, but that doesn't give me any comfort considering Adolf Hitler was responsible for the Holocaust. 6 million Jews and about 5 million non-Jews were murdered by him and the Nazis. That's not to mention, Joseph Stalin and Saddam Hussein.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not my intent to Godwin my response, but that doesn't give me any comfort considering Adolf Hitler was responsible for the Holocaust. 6 million Jews and about 5 million non-Jews were murdered by him and the Nazis. That's not to mention, Joseph Stalin and Saddam Hussein.

And I believe that if you look at the sheer volume of dollars going into some of the Democrat's war chest it was by a few....the top 1%ers were literally pouring in money.

When a hudred million dollars is spent ($5 per vote) in opposition to $0.50 per vote and the bulk of that $5 is by one person...
That resembles exactly what Hitler did.
I'm talking about states like Texas and Kentucky and Linsey Graham's seat.

Then you add in the huge billions of dollars of free advertising by Social media and news outlets across the nation...

And literally you have a handful of people trying to influence an election. That's scary. Very scary.

Looking aside at the numbers of people contributing...the numbers favor the Republicans once the call was made that they needed money to compete in the last days of the election.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I believe that if you look at the sheer volume of dollars going into some of the Democrat's war chest it was by a few....the top 1%ers were literally pouring in money.

When a hudred million dollars is spent ($5 per vote) in opposition to $0.50 per vote and the bulk of that $5 is by one person...
That resembles exactly what Hitler did.
I'm talking about states like Texas and Kentucky and Linsey Graham's seat.

Then you add in the huge billions of dollars of free advertising by Social media and news outlets across the nation...

And literally you have a handful of people trying to influence an election. That's scary. Very scary.

Looking aside at the numbers of people contributing...the numbers favor the Republicans once the call was made that they needed money to compete in the last days of the election.

The U.S.A. has always been a warmongering country. In 2019, the military budget was around 718.69 billion dollars (source).

R

Rita

Trump is a snake in the grass. He's deceptive and backstabbing. I wouldn't be surprised if he sold out his own children and his wife to save his own neck. He's a pathological liar and I wouldn't trust him to tell me the color of the sky outside. I certainly wouldn't trust him to be left alone with him. He's a dirty old man who bragged about getting away with sexually groping women. He bragged about watching half-dressed and naked young women and girls getting undressed backstage of beauty pageants. He's the polar opposite of what it means to be a Christian. He doesn't represent me or my faith. I'm ashamed that he represents our country as its President. I'm ashamed he's even associated with Christianity.
I am not sure I would go that far to be honest. I do perhaps see a narcissist tendency at times and someone who perhaps can not handle losing. The warning signs began for me when he claimed that his inauguration had the biggest crowds ever, which it clearly didn’t. Since then he has claimed many things within his speeches which convey to me that he is deluded in some way. Having said that he is no puppet and will not be controlled by those who endeavour to pull the strings, which is not a totally bad thing.
Rita

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't been watching coverage on the election because I will be deeply disappointed either way. I believe that God will give our country the morally depraved leader it deserves because both Biden and Trump are mirror reflections of America's moral decline into deepened depravity.
I agree 100%!!

Reactions: Seven of Nine

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure I would go that far to be honest. I do perhaps see a narcissist tendency at times and someone who perhaps can not handle losing. The warning signs began for me when he claimed that his inauguration had the biggest crowds ever, which it clearly didn’t. Since then he has claimed many things within his speeches which convey to me that he is deluded in some way. Having said that he is no puppet and will not be controlled by those who endeavour to pull the strings, which is not a totally bad thing.
Rita
That sounds about correct. I'm waiting for the voting to start again. Looks like people are still sleeping.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump is a snake in the grass. He's deceptive and backstabbing. I wouldn't be surprised if he sold out his own children and his wife to save his own neck. He's a pathological liar and I wouldn't trust him to tell me the color of the sky outside. I certainly wouldn't trust him to be left alone with him. He's a dirty old man who bragged about getting away with sexually groping women. He bragged about watching half-dressed and naked young women and girls getting undressed backstage of beauty pageants. He's the polar opposite of what it means to be a Christian. He doesn't represent me or my faith. I'm ashamed that he represents our country as its President. I'm ashamed he's even associated with Christianity.

• Must be exhausting being consumed with every detail of another person's life.

• Must be troubling for you to have so much shame.

Doesn't sound healthy.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again....agreed....

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

It actually did...just depends on which news site you watch.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last evening, I could see Trump ready to claim victory. Then 4 States in particular, STOPPED counting their ballots suddenly, without warning, and then most probably added more ballots overnight or increased the tally against him, in 3 States. Thus I now see a clear Trump defeat. He will lose the election @ 267, 3 points short. It was planned to be rigged and now we can easily see it, by anyone with a brain.

Well looking on the brighter side, first with a cold blast and reality check: the US now must be prepared to weather a storm of communism and their onslaught on the the American way of life and their cherished Constitution. It will be a very rude awakening for those that voted for a new Amerika, under the UN. Their disconnection with reality and their fantasy and realization of voting in a beauty pageant or in personality contest for President should be well over pretty soon.

Those that voted for this drunken, lying, cheating, national security risk and new jailer, along with the documented 'sleep around' person will quickly see their future prison cells alright. And then it should be obvious they voted for the wrong person and pulled the rest of the nation down with them. I guess they thought they were in an alien movie awaiting their new benevolent alien leader, as they cheered on whilst standing on rooftops of high-rises - only to be vaporized by their new saviour. Good Luck with that.....

It's time to increase and reinvigorate the call to the gospel of our Father, to all peoples again, especially now.
America has certainty gone through its major crossroad in life. We need to turn back and persevere. There are more godless people living here that I thought possible....

The devil's plan indeed .....God has allowed this evil to enter this nation. I believe to test, strengthen and preserve his people in these turbulent times and tribulations. To clearly focus on their enemies within the State more than ever. God help us and preserve us.

APAK

R

Rita

It actually did...just depends on which news site you watch.
Sorry Mayflower , are you saying that his inauguration was the biggest ever, that no other president had as many crowds?
Would be interesting to see a source as back then the word ‘ fake news ‘ was only just reaching my ears. We watched different sources, remember I am in the UK, so it wasn’t the news channels from the US.
I do remember what I saw though, compared with past inaugurations.
Rita

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last evening, I could see Trump ready to claim victory. Then 4 States in particular, STOPPED counting their ballots suddenly, without warning, and then most probably added more ballots overnight or increased the tally against him, in 3 States. Thus I now see a clear Trump defeat. He will lose the election @ 267, 3 points short. It was planned to be rigged and now we can easily see it, by anyone with a brain.

Well looking on the brighter side, first with a cold blast and reality check: the US now must be prepared to weather a storm of communism and their onslaught on the the American way of life and their cherished Constitution. It will be a very rude awakening for those that voted for a new Amerika, under the UN. Their disconnection with reality and their fantasy and realization of voting in a beauty pageant or in personality contest for President should be well over pretty soon.

Those that voted for this drunken, lying, cheating, national security risk and new jailer, along with the documented 'sleep around' person will quickly see their future prison cells alright. And then it should be obvious they voted for the wrong person and pulled the rest of the nation down with them. I guess they thought they were in an alien movie awaiting their new benevolent alien leader, as they cheered on whilst standing on rooftops of high-rises - only to be vaporized by their new saviour. Good Luck with that.....

It's time to increase and reinvigorate the call to the gospel of our Father, to all peoples again, especially now.
America has certainty gone through its major crossroad in life. We need to turn back and persevere. There are more godless people living here that I thought possible....

The devil's plan indeed .....God has allowed this evil to enter this nation. I believe to test, strengthen and preserve his people in these turbulent times and tribulations. To clearly focus on their enemies within the State more than ever. God help us and preserve us.

APAK

I suspect what you're saying is true, reason being if Biden was winning the count would be over and the media would be celebrating.

anyway one should understand who is the Lord in this situation. the Israelites from Samuel's documentation on would refer to their God as Lord of hosts meaning armies. because on the battle field they knew it was Him who decided the out come. same with the U.S. of A. its become more and more apparent that the Lord might be leaving the US of A to their own reprobate minds and used Trump to bring the situation of a treaty of sorts between Israel and Arab states.

Reactions: APAK

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree 100%!!

The Christian Church isn't even immune to the ensnare and corruption of American politics. It isn't hard to confirm this truth when we look at the man the majority of evangelical conservatives elected as President to represent them. Sadly, his association with their faith has severely damaged their Christian witness and the general public perception of them. He has severely damaged the public image of Evangelical Christianity as well.

As I've said before, their support of Trump has cost them dearly in the eyes of the general public. The evangelical witness and reputation of these conservatives has been so severely damaged that non-Christians are calling them hypocrites. Non-Christians have said that these conservatives have sold their souls to Trump to gain political influence. The public perception is that these conservatives have abandoned Christian principles and their moral convictions to support Trump. Non-Christians have also referred to these conservatives' evangelical faith as TOXIC Christianity.

Case in point...

Christians Tempted By Trump Idolatry

Trump evangelicals have sold their souls

Calling Out the Hypocrisy of Evangelical Christians

Trump's Offer to Christians Is Same Offer Devil Made Christ

Evangelicals need to follow Christianity’s morals, not Trump’s

Right-wing partisanship of evangelicals blinds them to their political hypocrisy

Republicans couldn’t tell the truth about Trump anymore, even if they wanted to

Former RNC Chairman: Christian ‘phonies’ sold out for ‘thirty pieces of silver’ under Trump

Ex-Reagan Adviser: Evangelical Leaders Who Back Trump Do More Harm to Christian Values Than Atheists

The articles I've linked above in this post don't even scratch the surface to demonstrate the immeasurable damage that has severely tarnished the reputation, the collective moral credibility, and the Christian witness of the conservatives who loyally support and defend Donald Trump.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Mayflower , are you saying that his inauguration was the biggest ever, that no other president had as many crowds?
Would be interesting to see a source as back then the word ‘ fake news ‘ was only just reaching my ears. We watched different sources, remember I am in the UK, so it wasn’t the news channels from the US.
I do remember what I saw though, compared with past inaugurations.
Rita
If you listen to Trump, everything about him is bigger and better ....whether true or not. So we'll see....

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
• Must be exhausting being consumed with every detail of another person's life.

• Must be troubling for you to have so much shame.

Doesn't sound healthy.

In all honesty, the same can be applied to all the Christian Trump supporters who hypocritically cast stones at Biden for his sins. If it concerns Joe Biden, then we don't hear a word about how we vote for a President and not a pastor, as this excuse has been used to justify supporting Trump.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The U.S.A. has always been a warmongering country. In 2019, the military budget was around 718.69 billion dollars (source).
Okay...
Now you are subject shifting.
Yes, America does get involved in world affairs to aid people in distress when a few bad guys with guns try to control a nation.

Somalia is a prime example. They were absolutely guilty of piracy on the open seas and then holding ships and crew for ransom. They furthered their atrocities by holding the people of their nation hostage.

America sent in troops to try and make things better for the whole world.

Bosnia is another example of similar behavior.

Russia has ISIL's number... again Muslim terrorists gaining control.

Iraq was a mistake... Sadaam Hussein was a paper tiger. But they couldn't see it. Iran is the real problem with radical Moslems and nuclear ambitions.
Same thing almost with North Korea.

And what should be done with Taiwan and Hong Kong? Just allow these people to be terrorized by PRC? Just let them become enslaved? (All we did was sell them weapons for defense)

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...
Now you are subject shifting.
Yes, America does get involved in world affairs to aid people in distress when a few bad guys with guns try to control a nation.

Somalia is a prime example. They were absolutely guilty of piracy on the open seas and then holding ships and crew for ransom. They furthered their atrocities by holding the people of their nation hostage.

America sent in troops to try and make things better for the whole world.

Bosnia is another example of similar behavior.

Russia has ISIL's number... again Muslim terrorists gaining control.

Iraq was a mistake... Sadaam Hussein was a paper tiger. But they couldn't see it. Iran is the real problem with radical Moslems and nuclear ambitions.
Same thing almost with North Korea.

And what should be done with Taiwan and Hong Kong? Just allow these people to be terrorized by PRC? Just let them become enslaved? (All we did was sell them weapons for defense)

I was actually responding to your statement: "And I believe that if you look at the sheer volume of dollars going into some of the Democrat's war chest it was by a few....the top 1%ers were literally pouring in money." I should have been more specific. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Reactions: JohnDB

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

APAK

I think God is giving us one last chance. I think the Senate remains in the hands of the Republicans. That saves a complete alteration if the country at least for two years. We will see an onslaught against the freedoms of this country and it's Constitution. Socialism will be called for, and a giant increase of taxes. The Senate will fight against this and I hope the American people will wake up to see what the Democrats have planned for the country. I think a lot of Americans are really asleep to what is exactly going on. I am hoping once they see exactly what is happening they will wake up and make the needed changes in Congress over the next four years. Either this or God will turn us over to the wickedness we have chosen.

We will get exactly what we deserve. No one can say they weren't warned.

Reactions: APAK
Status
Not open for further replies.