Presidential Election Live Coverage 2020

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And all the money you earn isn't God's?
You just have to give him back at least 10%....

Doesn't He already have all of the gold in Heaven? Besides what does He want with it a convertible?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I am brave enough to bet either way tbh. Even if Joe wins, at the moment he looks like he will just make it by the skin of his teeth.

The guy's at 264 and Trump's at 214,.. there's now a pretty good chance that Biden is going to take this one unfortunately. I've pretty much lost nearly all my hope. :(

Reactions: JohnDB

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The guy's at 264 and Trump's at 214,.. there's now a pretty good chance that Biden is going to take this one unfortunately. I've pretty much lost nearly all my hope. :(

Trump is still leading in all other states left to win except for Nevada.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and even North Carolina are all going to have recounts and audits...

Arizona too...

Automatically....there's less than 1% difference in the voting.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there may still be a slight chance of an Arizona miracle, depending on how they are counting the votes.

I thought you hated Trump why are you suddenly acting all defensive of him? Or is it just because you don't want me being upset?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought you hated Trump why are you suddenly acting all defensive of him? Or is it just because you don't want me being upset?

I am just playing it fair. I think it's a lose-win either way though.

Personally I would prefer Pence being leader of the Republican party

Or

If Scott Morrison takes over the USA. Okay that last line is a joke! :p But I do like our Prime Minister in Australia. haha

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PEACE, BE STILL!....quiet you heart and mind and trust me for a change! (Speaking in 1st person).
It is not a request but a command that my Word tells my children...DO NOT FEAR....
Fear of man will prove to be a snare,
but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
Proverbs 29:25
trust

The Most Frequent Command in the Bible

When you think through the “do’s and don’ts” of the Bible, I’m guessing one or more of the following come to mind:

• Do not lie
  • Do not steal
  • Love your enemies
  • Do not murder
  • Do unto others as you’d have them do to you
  • Love your neighbor as yourself
All these are certainly Biblical and applicable today. But surprisingly, none of them are repeated with all that much frequency. And certainly none of them come close to the repetition of the most popular command in the Bible. You ready? Drumroll…

“Do not be afraid.”

That’s right, “do not be afraid” appears in the NIV 70 times.

This doesn’t include variants such as “fear not,” “do not fear,” and the like.

There are several interesting things about this. First of all, the Bible isn’t saying, “There is nothing scary so you don’t need to be scared.” Let’s be real… life is scary. That, however, does NOT mean we need to be scared of it.

Secondly, the command “do not be afraid” more often than not, is followed by an action that God is or will be taking. Here are a few such examples:

• “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today.” (Exodus 14:13)
  • “Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” (Deuteronomy 3:22)
  • “Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you.” (Joshua 10:8)
  • “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32)
Another interesting thing is that 10 times “do not be afraid” is followed by “do not be discouraged.”

Have you stopped to consider that being afraid and being discouraged are related? After all, the opposite of “discouraged” is “encouraged.” And encouraged means to be filled with courage!

Why should we be filled with courage? Because as Christians, the Lord is with us and in us. And He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

Finally, notice that “do not be afraid” is not a suggestion. God doesn’t say, “If you don’t want to be afraid, that’s an option. Either way. Be afraid or don’t. It’s up to you.” No, it’s a command. He is giving an instruction on how to approach the circumstance. By default, approaching it in a different manner would be a form of disobedience.

I just want you guys to trust Him....either way it goes it is His Will and Purpose to fulfill prophesy in His Word.

Yeah I know harder said than done.

Reactions: Rita

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just playing it fair. I think it's a lose-win either way though.

Obviously it's an election lol there's going to have to be both a winner and a loser in the end.

PEACE, BE STILL!....quiet you heart and mind and trust me for a change! (Speaking in 1st person).
It is not a request but a command that my Word tells my children...DO NOT FEAR....
Fear of man will prove to be a snare,
but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
Proverbs 29:25
trust

The Most Frequent Command in the Bible

When you think through the “do’s and don’ts” of the Bible, I’m guessing one or more of the following come to mind:

• Do not lie
  • Do not steal
  • Love your enemies
  • Do not murder
  • Do unto others as you’d have them do to you
  • Love your neighbor as yourself
All these are certainly Biblical and applicable today. But surprisingly, none of them are repeated with all that much frequency. And certainly none of them come close to the repetition of the most popular command in the Bible. You ready? Drumroll…

“Do not be afraid.”

That’s right, “do not be afraid” appears in the NIV 70 times.

This doesn’t include variants such as “fear not,” “do not fear,” and the like.

There are several interesting things about this. First of all, the Bible isn’t saying, “There is nothing scary so you don’t need to be scared.” Let’s be real… life is scary. That, however, does NOT mean we need to be scared of it.

Secondly, the command “do not be afraid” more often than not, is followed by an action that God is or will be taking. Here are a few such examples:

• “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today.” (Exodus 14:13)
  • “Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” (Deuteronomy 3:22)
  • “Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you.” (Joshua 10:8)
  • “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32)
Another interesting thing is that 10 times “do not be afraid” is followed by “do not be discouraged.”

Have you stopped to consider that being afraid and being discouraged are related? After all, the opposite of “discouraged” is “encouraged.” And encouraged means to be filled with courage!

Why should we be filled with courage? Because as Christians, the Lord is with us and in us. And He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

Finally, notice that “do not be afraid” is not a suggestion. God doesn’t say, “If you don’t want to be afraid, that’s an option. Either way. Be afraid or don’t. It’s up to you.” No, it’s a command. He is giving an instruction on how to approach the circumstance. By default, approaching it in a different manner would be a form of disobedience.

I just want you guys to trust Him....either way it goes it is His Will and Purpose to fulfill prophesy in His Word.

Yeah I know harder said than done.

Oh I'm not afraid,.. I'm bloody terrified and that's no joke. If Biden wins,.. well I don't even want to think about it right now but my stomach is in so many knots right now fearing for my own safety. :(

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps @Backlit was right. :p

"If you Want a Powerful Strong Spirit-filled Church... Vote for Biden."

After all, in times of trouble people are more likely to turn to Jesus.

On another note though.

Once the voting closes, it closes, the people of USA have voted, and it's up to the scrutineers and Electoral college to do their job.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously it's an election lol there's going to have to be both a winner and a loser in the end.
Peace....let His peace that passes all understanding be upon you.

Oh I'm not afraid,.. I'm bloody terrified and that's no joke. If Biden wins,.. well I don't even want to think about it right now but my stomach is in so many knots right now fearing for my own safety. :(

Reactions: April_Rose

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't believe the lying media, even FoxNews

Status
Not open for further replies.