Presidential Election Live Coverage 2020

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you mocking or scoffing? I can't tell between the two.

:)
Bobby Jo

It was a scarcastic comment, I am just joking around mate, the Tribulation hasn't even began.

The Tribulation will be far worst than what we see in the world today.

Reactions: JohnDB

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There seems to be a lot more tension and unrest from both sides with this election though.

I just told you how dangerous the city became which the Dems won the Whitehouse in 2008 and 2012. It was a TERRIFYING and TRAUMATIC experience, which I NEVER want to have to experience again.

Those vicious Conservatives and their street gangs burning Flags, attacking Cops, looting Businesses, burning Buildings, and tearing down Statues ...
Bobby Jo

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LEGISLATING from the Executive Branch is ILLEGAL. -- And Obama was in the U.S. Senate, so why didn't he Legislate when he had the OPPORTUNITY?!? Could it be that Immigrants must APPLY for Citizenship?

Perhaps Australia would like some of our illegal immigrants:

Australia: A Model for Curbing Immigration
Australia: A Model for Curbing Immigration
by Giulio Meotti
July 28, 2018
Four years ago, the Australian government sparked criticism after it ran an advertisement aimed at discouraging asylum seekers from traveling illegally to the country. "No Way", the poster read. "You will not make Australia home. If you get on a boat without a visa, you will not end up in Australia. Any vessel seeking illegally to enter Australia will be intercepted and safely removed beyond Australian waters".

It was an extremely tough message, but it worked. "Australia's migration rate is the lowest it's been in 10 years", said Peter Dutton, Australia's Home Affairs Minister. Speaking last week on the Today Show, Dutton added that the drop was about "restoring integrity to our border". The Australians are apparently happy about that. A new poll just revealed that 72% of voters support Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's immigration policy. ...

It seems some Australian's criticize the U.S. for protecting their borders, the same as their own country. But I'm sure we can send a couple, or even a couple dozen to a "host" citizen in Australia. -- ANY TAKERS???

Yeah, I didn't think so ...
Bobby Jo

And Manus Island detention centre was in a mess, the living conditions there were like comparable to a prison or worse than a prison.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just told you how dangerous the city became which the Dems won the Whitehouse in 2008 and 2012. It was a TERRIFYING and TRAUMATIC experience, which I NEVER want to have to experience again.

Those vicious Conservatives and their street gangs burning Flags, attacking Cops, looting Businesses, burning Buildings, and tearing down Statues ...
Bobby Jo

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only 25k votes in between Trump and Biden now in Georgia, still at 98%

The mail-in votes being counted last is not doing Trump any favours.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we expect the Republican party to win every election?

I hope not and I'm speaking as someone who has supported the Republican party for nearly 30 years. I know that I'm not the only conservative voter who thinks Trump and his minions ensnared the Republican Party and distorted it into a Trumplican regime during the last 5 years. I would like to vote for a decent Republican candidate in the 2024 presidential election, but I won't vote for a Republican who supported Trump.

Reactions: JohnDB and Josho

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only 25k votes in between Trump and Biden now in Georgia, still at 98%

The mail-in votes being counted last is not doing Trump any favours.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in the hope that Trump loses the election and he's voted out. I wish he was being ousted by someone else other than Biden though, but that isn't an option at this time for me or for everyone else who opposes Trump. I still think this election is too important to vote third party again like I voted in the last presidential election. I was relieved to find other registered third party voters like myself (as well as many Republicans), who shared my sentiment to vote against Trump in the hope that he would lose the election. I'm also glad that I found out about RVAT and the Lincoln Project a few weeks ago, because these political movements against Trump have been encouraging to me as well.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope not and I'm speaking as someone who has supported the Republican party for nearly 30 years. I know that I'm not the only conservative voter who thinks Trump and his minions ensnared the Republican Party and distorted it into a Trumplican regime during the last 5 years. I would like to vote for a decent Republican candidate in the 2024 presidential election, but I won't vote for a Republican who supported Trump.

So imagine this, if the Republican party won 2008, 2012, and then went on to win 2020.

They would have been in power for 20 years til now, coming up to 24 years with a win in 2020, and if they won again in 2024 with a different candidate it could have been a 28 year Republican reign, with a win in 2028 it could have been 32 year Republican reign.

But Republicans didn't win in 2008 or 2016.

But if Trump serves 2 terms as President and the next Republican Presidential candidate serves 2, that would be a 16 year Republican reign, if the next one serves one term after that, it would be a 20 year Republican reign, and if he or she goes on to serve another term, it could be a 24 year Republican reign.

Lets look at this though.

Putin is elected as President from 31st December 1999 to 7th May 2008, he then is Prime Minister of Russia from 2008 to 2012 and then he becomes President again in 2012 to right now.

So if we combine Head of State and Head of Government, Putin has basically had a 20 year reign in Russia.

Interesting to look at the history of US Presidents political parties in power though, the Democratic and Republican parties used to be one, known as the Democratic-Republican party in the early 1800s, they were elected in 1800, held power for 28 years, and the party split into the National Republicans and the Democratic party.

Andrew Jackson as a Democrat went on to win in 1928.

So if the Republicans went on a 28 year rule, the Democratic party gets dissolved as a result, it may be possible that the Republican party split up and form a new party again, because major divisions are highly likely within a one party 28 year rule.

R

Rita

Lol maybe there should be an old fashioned Monarchy, so Trump would be king of the USA, then Donald Trump Jr next in line for the new king of USA, then Barron Trump.

:p

Anyone else up for this idea?
That gave me my morning laugh Josho........the answer ‘ nooooooooo ‘ have you seen our history with royalty being in control !!!!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So why was Trump expected to win this election?
The correct question would have been "How could a corrupt and mentally incompetent loser, who remained in his basement for months, who stumbled to speak coherently every day, who promised to destroy America, and who had little or no voter turnout at all rallies, garner any votes at all?"

Reactions: historyb and JohnDB
R

Rita

Ok so on the US news feed it is showing Biden at 264, but on Sky news it’s 253 ( and has reminded at that figure since last night ) some one on here mentioned it had gone up to 264, but I don’t understand why there is a difference still. I just presumed that something had been declared and it hadn’t been updated on Sky, but that makes no sense now as that was hours ago.
What are other news feeds saying in the USA , or elsewhere.
Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok so on the US news feed it is showing Biden at 264, but on Sky news it’s 253 ( and has reminded at that figure since last night ) some one on here mentioned it had gone up to 264, but I don’t understand why there is a difference still. I just presumed that something had been declared and it hadn’t been updated on Sky, but that makes no sense now as that was hours ago.
What are other news feeds saying in the USA , or elsewhere.
Rita

Arizona is the 11 Electoral votes, some may have called Arizona too early, the margin is just under 69k votes now, with 88% of the vote counted, there is still a possibility Trump may win Arizona.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why was Trump expected to win this election?

It's because Trump is the incumbent President and normally the incumbent is re-elected. Hopefully the tradition of the incumbent being re-elected will be broken this time by Trump losing the election. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will be defeated and finally removed from office.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Rita

Nigel Farage should have waited until now to bet £10,000 on Trump. I am not sure about the UK, but one of the Aussie betting markets is paying 5 to 1 now for Trump to win.

FB_IMG_1604563847251.jpg

Lol if he was a politician in Australia and did this, he would be in trouble.

R

Rita

@Rita

Nigel Farage should have waited until now to bet £10,000 on Trump. I am not sure about the UK, but one of the Aussie betting markets is paying 5 to 1 now for Trump to win.

View attachment 11516

Lol if he was a politician in Australia and did this, he would be in trouble.
Yes, it’s the same odds over here at the moment. Publicity stunt, he was backing Trump at one of his rallies.
The USA can keep him , all the while he is over there, he is not here !! Lol

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the Republicans are being obnoxious...
Almost all the Democrats are being even more obnoxious.

I'm glad we are hunkered down and out of it.

I'm just waiting this out so I can get my hands on some Florida Oranges for candying. (They grow regardless of who is President)

But the various states are up to some shinanigans:
You can't kick poll watchers out of the counting rooms.
Nor should poll watchers interfere with the counting.

Arizona has the counting being broadcast over the internet (one of the news articles claimed)
So some Trump supporters went down to where they were counting just to verify that the broadcast was genuine...they wore guns. (Why I have no idea but it's an open carry state)

So then a bunch of Biden Supporters showed up to counter protest...and it became a shouting match. Disrupting everything from being counted.

And I can see why they would then toss them all out.

Then up in Michigan and Wisconsin
John James campaign alleges irregularities, lack of integrity in Michigan vote count

There's an even more detailed information out there on irregularities than the fox news article...

Reactions: historyb

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A major problem with news media is they just repeat whatever the AP says...

Vote totals are not accurate yet. Nor are they certified.

Get ready for more upheavals.

Reactions: historyb
Status
Not open for further replies.