Priesthood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bling

May 5, 2009
ericrun said:
The Jewish Model

The High Priest, Aaron & Successors

The common Priesthood, Levites

The Priesthood of Believers, Israelites and Jews
[SIZE=medium]You or someone might help me here. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I was of the opinion that all the priests were Aaron’s decedents and Aaron was in the tribe of Levi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The high priest was only one at a time decedent of Aaron and all the other decedents were just priests? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The tribe of Levi were to take the place of the civil government taking their direction from the priests, but all the Levites were not priests. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Also, although God desired a nation of priest for the Jews they could not handle it so it is only now that all true Christians are priests and Christ is the high Priest. [/SIZE]

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
ericrun said:
Look at Aaron's Wikipedia page, or go read what the rabbis have to say, Aaron was the High Priest. There is no serious dispute in this regard. Leviticus 21:10 and 8:12 are clear that Aaron was consecrated as High Priest.

But whether it was Aaron or Moses doesn't matter. The key point is that the office was started, and there were three levels of priesthood, the high priest under whose authority all sacrifices were made, the rest of the priests, and then the entire body of God's people. The priesthood didn't exist without the ritual sacrifices.

Likewise, the Christian sacrifice in the Mass is a spritual sacrifice with a physical action.

If the Christian sacrifice isn't the sacrifice in the Mass, what are the spiritual sacrifices? How do we know these sacrifice are being executed?
The matter is extremely important to those who seek to know the Father, the Son, and the will of God in their lives. For the same reason we see people claiming at every turn to be part of a "holy priesthood" yet at the same time claiming that the Law has been "done away" with. Where then is the manual for becoming a priest? So they make up their own rules, (again these things are supernal and interpreted by the words and doctrines of Yeshua in the Gospel accounts). I have the Word and you have the consensus of men. The consensus of (carnal) men is abomination in the sight of God, (see the appropriate link in my signature). The office of the High Priest was NOT given by oath according to the Scripture. However there are promises and oaths to Aaron and his sons and those are forever as already shown in previous posts. Therefore your consensus of men seems happy to make the Scripture into a contradiction so as to excuse themselves. :)

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
bling said:
[SIZE=medium]You or someone might help me here. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I was of the opinion that all the priests were Aaron’s decedents and Aaron was in the tribe of Levi.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The high priest was only one at a time decedent of Aaron and all the other decedents were just priests? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The tribe of Levi were to take the place of the civil government taking their direction from the priests, but all the Levites were not priests. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Also, although God desired a nation of priest for the Jews they could not handle it so it is only now that all true Christians are priests and Christ is the high Priest. [/SIZE]
Everything you said sounds right to me.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
daq said:
Exodus 7:1 KJV
1. And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god ['elohiym] to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
Here we see the authority conferred upon Moses was given in view of objection stated in Exo 6:30. He was also strengthened and encouraged to the task before him by the promise of supernatural powers that he would manifest. By this means Moses would become "a god (Heb. elohim)" a manifestation of Yahweh unto Pharaoh. In this he typed the Lord Jesus Christ (John 20:28). The title elohim, literally mighty ones, is used of men who acted in God's place before their fellows (see Exo 21:6; Exo 22:8-9 where elohim is rendered "judges"; Psa 82:1; Psa 82:6; and Christ's comment in John 10:34-35. See also Exo 4:16).

What does this teach us today?

Well those "in Christ" live in hope of the glory of God (Rom 5:2), of divine nature (2 Pe 1:4), and of bearing the name of God (Rev 3:12). Hence to bear the title of God is to be a manifestation of the power and authority of the Almighty.

These are precious thoughts for the elect.

Exodus 22:28 KJV
28. Thou shalt not revile the gods, ['elohiym] nor curse the ruler of thy people.
1 Samuel 28:13-14 KJV
13. And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ['elohiym] ascending out of the earth.
14. And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
Elohiym is God,

In one way you are correct and in another, not.

I believe Paul calls them "ministering spirits" who always behold the face of the Father.

or Torah Judges, or Rulers, or gods. Why then would you place Aaron haKohen above Moshe haKohen haGadol? Likewise who did Moses put his hands upon and commission, give the charge, or anoint, (Spirit) to take his place accordingly as he was commanded to do? Was it Eleazar the son of Aaron or was it Joshua?

Can you speak to Eleazar being the High Priest Elect? Numb 19:3; Lev 16:32 (Aaron was still High Priest at this time of course)

1) Aaron is never called haKohen haGadol.

Though he held the office. This still intrigues me Daq.

2) Moses is called an Elohiym and Aaron is his prophet.

Yes I like the type being presented.

Exo 4:16 "And thou shalt be to him instead of God"

While Moses retained his position as mediator and prophet he stood in the place of the Elohim to Aaron. This is important as Moses Words would be words of God Exo 7:1).

3) Samuel the Judge and prophet is also called an Elohiym
Correct

4) Joshua is placed BEFORE Eleazar and all the congregation

This recalls that time when Joshua watched over the camp while Moses was in the mount. Exod 33:11 - Exod 33:7 - Heb 13:13, during the absence of Moses, it is likened to what the Master (the antitypical Joshua) is doing today. The fact that Joshua ministered unto Moses at this time prefigures that the mediation of Moses was dependent upon the antitypical Joshua, the efficacy of whose sacrifice reached back in time as well as forward (Heb 9:15). Yahweh made provision to forgive sins during the Mosaic era for "Christ's sake" even though the Lord was yet unborn; for Yahweh treats those things that be not, but which are essential to His purpose, as "though they are" (Rom 4:17). The intercession of Moses, therefore, was made effective through Christ, who, in this transaction, was represented by Joshua, the Hebrew form of "Jesus," Yahshua.

Purity

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
ericrun said:
The Protestant rejection of this teaching rejects that there is a sacrifice in the new covenant. Unfortunately, that ignores the fact that there is no priesthood without a sacrifice. By the very fact that there is a priesthood, there must be a sacrifice. If the Protestant model were true, then there would barely be a High Priest, Jesus, who sacrificed himself once upon a time, but there wouldn't be an ongoing sacrifice that makes the power of his death and resurrection active in our lives today. Also, with no ongoing sacrifice, there would be no priesthood of believers, which the bible clearly teaches there is.

In Hebrews 7, we see that Jesus is a priest like Melchizedek. The priesthood of Melchizedek is significant because he made an offering of bread an wine (Gen 14:18). This is not negated by Hebrews 7: 27 (Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.) This is true, he does not make are the sacrifices of the old law like the Jewish priests. He does offer us a sacrifice of himself in the bread and wine, which is not "sacrifices", but a singular sacrifice, by which he maintains his power and presence in the world, so he is still Immanuel, God is with us. Without this sacrifice for us to participate in, there is no priesthood for us to be a part of.
You should read on in Hebrews too chapter ten.

11 Under the old covenant, the priest stands and ministers before the altar day after day, offering the same sacrifices again and again, which can never take away sins.12 But our High Priest offered himself to God as a single sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then he sat down in the place of honor at God’s right hand.13 There he waits until his enemies are humbled and made a footstool under his feet.14 For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy.
Heb 10:11-14 (NLT)

Do you have any scripture to support that Jesus offers us the sacrifice of Himself? Christ was a sacrifice for us not to us.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Purity said:
Can you speak to Eleazar being the High Priest Elect? Numb 19:3; Lev 16:32 (Aaron was still High Priest at this time of course)

Though he held the office. This still intrigues me Daq.
As you know we already do not agree when you suggest that Eleazar, ("Lazaros" Hellenized) was the "High Priest Elect" and likewise such an assertion cannot be proven to be the case. Why then should a discussion touching the red heifer be brought into the conversation? Suffice to say that Eleazar is once again called "Eleazar the priest" in Numbers 19:3, (just as Aaron is called "Aaron the priest" throughout). Have you made note of the fact that Eleazar himself is not the one to slay the red heifer? Yet in Leviticus 16 it is Aaron who slays the bullock which he supplies for himself and his house; and likewise it is Aaron who slays the goat which the congregation provides, (each in his or her own moedim-appointed times). Also, again, in Leviticus 16:32 it simply states "the priest" rather than stating "the High Priest" as one would expect. Perhaps the reason for this wording is once again because there are two distinct lines of priesthoods and one of them was not given by an oath. However, either line is qualified to perform all of the duties which would be considered as touching the duties of the "High Priest only" for most if not all of the High Priests would indeed come from the line of Aaron after Joshua but surely from after the remote period of the Judges. Yet Moses is above Aaron and likewise he wrote the Sefer Torah. The only line "given by an oath" would then be the line of Melchizedek which is the line of Elohim Torah Judges beginning under Torah with Moses. We have agreed concerning Moses and Samuel being called Elohim but what of Joshua? If in fact Joshua is also considered an Elohim then we have the first Torah Judge Moses, the next in that line would be Joshua, and likewise he would have been the first Torah Judge to rule upon entering the Land. Then Samuel is the final Torah Judge before Saul and David reigned as kings of Israel. Thus we would have a strong three-part link in a line of Elohim Torah Judges with strong evidence that physical tribal lineage has no bearing on the Elohim line, (Elohim is Spirit).

Joshua 24:22-28 KJV
22. And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you the Lord, to serve him. And they said, We are witnesses.
23. Now therefore put away, said he, the strange gods [elohim] which are among you, and incline your heart unto the Lord God of Israel.
24. And the people said unto Joshua, The Lord our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.
25. So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and set them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem.
And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God, [Sefer Torat Elohim] and took a great stone, and set it up there under an oak, that was by the sanctuary of the Lord.
27. And Joshua said unto all the people, Behold, this stone shall be a witness unto us; for it hath heard all the words of the Lord which he spake unto us: it shall be therefore a witness unto you, lest ye deny your God.
28. So Joshua let the people depart, every man unto his inheritance.

Zechariah 3:6-10 KJV
6. And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying,
7. Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
8. Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.
9. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
10. In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

This Stone of Zechariah 3:9 is Yeshua; the same "Stone of witness" which "heard every word of the Lord" to the people in Joshua 24:27. Likewise Joshua WROTE himself the words of the covenant and put them in the Sefer Torat Elohim. If one understands the implications of such a statement only priests are allowed to even copy Torah much less anyone even thinking of WRITING MORE to put in the Sefer Torah. Moses and Joshua are the only two stated to have written Torah, (Samuel likewise in the Spirit wrote the works bearing his name and which are of the Prophets).

Purity said:
Here we see the authority conferred upon Moses was given in view of objection stated in Exo 6:30. He was also strengthened and encouraged to the task before him by the promise of supernatural powers that he would manifest. By this means Moses would become "a god (Heb. elohim)" a manifestation of Yahweh unto Pharaoh. In this he typed the Lord Jesus Christ (John 20:28). The title elohim, literally mighty ones, is used of men who acted in God's place before their fellows (see Exo 21:6; Exo 22:8-9 where elohim is rendered "judges"; Psa 82:1; Psa 82:6; and Christ's comment in John 10:34-35. See also Exo 4:16).

What does this teach us today?

Well those "in Christ" live in hope of the glory of God (Rom 5:2), of divine nature (2 Pe 1:4), and of bearing the name of God (Rev 3:12). Hence to bear the title of God is to be a manifestation of the power and authority of the Almighty.

These are precious thoughts for the elect.
One of the reasons all of this is so important is because of what is stated John 10:34-35 which you mention above. In the story of Lazarus the rich anthropon has five brothers and a father of his own, (besides Abraham). Both the Pharisees and especially the Sadducess would have immediately recognized the parallel between this story and the house of Annas, (Ananus I). Annas had five sons and Caiaphas was the sixth by marriage making him the son-in-law of Annas in the Gospel accounts. Annas himself was "dethroned" from the High Priesthood but lived quite some time after and continued to rule through his sons. For the same reason he is an integral part of the Gospel accounts, for although his son-in-law Caiaphas was the High Priest at the time; it was Annas who still held the reigns of power from behind the scenes, (Annas and his six sons are therefore the "seven rulers of the kingdom"). If you understand so far what this implies then perhaps you will understand the typology and symbolism in that Annas fits the type of an "Elohim" of that time ruling through his sons from behind the scenes, (the Sadducees did not believe in a resurrection) and he likewise knowing Torah would have immediately understood the implications of what Yeshua stated in John 10:34-35 as soon as it was relayed to him by his agents.

What then would be more frightening to such a ruling class who knew the Law better than their own right arms or the backs of their own hands? If a certain one arose, being "untaught" by their own schools, ("not knowing letters") and the same began to do miracles, healing the sick and raising the dead: would the ruling class of the Chief Priests be more fearful of the teacher-healer claiming "equality with the Father" or would they in fact be more fearful of him claiming more authority than themselves through the line of Elohim Judges which is indeed given a sworn oath through David in the Psalms and having the miraculous works to back up his claims? The claim of Yeshua was to the line of Elohim Torah Judges in this case, by an oath, and they knew it, and their own power and authority was clearly in jeopardy:

Yeshua answered them; Is it not written in your law, "I said, elohim you are?" If he called them elohim, unto whom the Word of Elohim had come, and the scripture cannot be broken; Do you say of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, "Thou blasphemest!" because I said, "A son of the Elohim I am?" ("Huios tou Theou eimi?"). :)

Theodore A. Jones

Aug 15, 2011
ericrun said:
The Jewish Model

The High Priest, Aaron & Successors

The common Priesthood, Levites

The Priesthood of Believers, Israelites and Jews

The Christian Model

The High Priest, Jesus Christ

The Common Priesthood, Bishops and Priests

The Priesthood of Believers, Christians

In both models, there is no priesthood without sacrifice.

In the Jewish priesthood structure, for the most important sacrifices, the High Priest would make the sacrifice, often with the assistance of common priests, who would lend their hands to his efforts, which were made with the prayers and on behalf of the priesthood of the faithful for the entire nation.

For less important sacrifices, like an individual purification right, the Levite priest would make the sacrifice with his hands, in the authority of the high priest, with the prayers of the family who the sacrifice was made for.

In the Christian priesthood, the intended structure is similar. Jesus is the High Priest, with a common priesthood of bishops and priests, who cooperate with Him and us, the priesthood of believers, to make the sacrifice of the Mass his continuing power and presence working in the world. Jesus makes the real sacrifice on his altar in heaven on our behalf, where we will participate when we get to heaven. Here on Earth, the common priests lend their hands and voices to his cause, so he can make his sacrifice present to us for our benefit, as we join our prayers to his efforts.

The Protestant rejection of this teaching rejects that there is a sacrifice in the new covenant. Unfortunately, that ignores the fact that there is no priesthood without a sacrifice. By the very fact that there is a priesthood, there must be a sacrifice. If the Protestant model were true, then there would barely be a High Priest, Jesus, who sacrificed himself once upon a time, but there wouldn't be an ongoing sacrifice that makes the power of his death and resurrection active in our lives today. Also, with no ongoing sacrifice, there would be no priesthood of believers, which the bible clearly teaches there is.

In Hebrews 7, we see that Jesus is a priest like Melchizedek. The priesthood of Melchizedek is significant because he made an offering of bread an wine (Gen 14:18). This is not negated by Hebrews 7: 27 (Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.) This is true, he does not make are the sacrifices of the old law like the Jewish priests. He does offer us a sacrifice of himself in the bread and wine, which is not "sacrifices", but a singular sacrifice, by which he maintains his power and presence in the world, so he is still Immanuel, God is with us. Without this sacrifice for us to participate in, there is no priesthood for us to be a part of.
"For there being a change of the priesthood, there is made of necessity a CHANGE also of the law." Heb.7:12
Which has caused this result:
"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13
Whomsoever is in the new covenant does not sacrifice.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
daq said:

would the ruling class of the Chief Priests be more fearful of the teacher-healer claiming "equality with the Father" or would they in fact be more fearful of him claiming more authority than themselves through the line of Elohim Judges which is indeed given a sworn oath through David in the Psalms and having the miraculous works to back up his claims? The claim of Yeshua was to the line of Elohim Torah Judges in this case, by an oath, and they knew it, and their own power and authority was clearly in jeopardy:
Hi Daq,

A quick note here.

You are not saying that the Lord Jesus Christ ever claimed equality with his Father, are you? Or are you speaking from the Pharisees perspective?

Purity

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Please note: My friend daq is not a Pharisee...I have known him over a numbers of years and personally invited him to this forum. :)

Be Blessed!

Reactions: daq

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Angelina said:
Please note: My friend daq is not a Pharisee...I have known him over a numbers of years and personally invited him to this forum. :)

Be Blessed!

Well thank you Warrior Friend of the King! (I don't think Purity meant it that way). :) ;)

Purity said:
Hi Daq,

A quick note here.

You are not saying that the Lord Jesus Christ ever claimed equality with his Father, are you? Or are you speaking from the Pharisees perspective?

Purity
The Father is non-corporeal Spirit in Jewish thought and for Yeshua to claim such a thing it would have probably been dismissed as lunacy. From the perspective of the Sadducees, Chief Priests, Pharisees, and Scribes, the most fearful and threatening statements by far would have been those of Yeshua concerning his claim to be of the order of Elohim-Melchizedek-Moses line of the Priesthood. As stated previously above there were two lines of the High Priesthood over and above that of Phinehas son of Eleazar, (the oath of an everlasting covenant of peace was given him). The Elohim-Melchizedek line also has an oath recorded in Psalm 110. It is therefore Annas himself which surely realizes these things and with these things the fact that he is about to lose his power if such things were allowed to come to pass or become known and understood to the people. We see in the Gospel of Luke where both Annas and Caiaphas are called the High Priests, (plural) in the same year because Annas ruled from behind the scenes:

Luke 3:1-2 KJV
1. Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,
2. Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, [GSN#749 archiereus] the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

Yeshua makes the claim to the Elohim-Melchizedek line when he quotes Psalm 110:1 ~

Matthew 22:41 ~ 23:3 KJV
41. While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42. S
aying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
43. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45. If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46. And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

1. Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2. Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3. All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Psalms 110:1-4 KJV
1. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
3. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
4. The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

You see friend; king David was allowed to partake of the Shew Bread . . . :)

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
daq said:
Well thank you Warrior Friend of the King! (I don't think Purity meant it that way). :) ;)

The Father is non-corporeal Spirit in Jewish thought and for Yeshua to claim such a thing it would have probably been dismissed as lunacy. From the perspective of the Sadducees, Chief Priests, Pharisees, and Scribes, the most fearful and threatening statements by far would have been those of Yeshua concerning his claim to be of the order of Elohim-Melchizedek-Moses line of the Priesthood. As stated previously above there were two lines of the High Priesthood over and above that of Phinehas son of Eleazar, (the oath of an everlasting covenant of peace was given him). The Elohim-Melchizedek line also has an oath recorded in Psalm 110. It is therefore Annas himself which surely realizes these things and with these things the fact that he is about to lose his power if such things were allowed to come to pass or become known and understood to the people. We see in the Gospel of Luke where both Annas and Caiaphas are called the High Priests, (plural) in the same year because Annas ruled from behind the scenes:

Luke 3:1-2 KJV
1. Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,
2. Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, [GSN#749 archiereus] the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

Yeshua makes the claim to the Elohim-Melchizedek line when he quotes Psalm 110:1 ~

Matthew 22:41 ~ 23:3 KJV
41. While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42. Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
43. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45. If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46. And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

1. Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2. Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3. All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Psalms 110:1-4 KJV
1. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
3. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
4. The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

You see friend; king David was allowed to partake of the Shew Bread . . . :)
And eat the Shew Bread he did.

God promised David a son who should sit on His throne for ever, and set up a Kingdom in Israel that will have no end and that David will see it with his own eyes, and have an eternal place - a king/priest after the order of Melchizedek.

Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow. (2 Sam. 23:5).

The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. (Psa. 132:11).

I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah. (Psa. 89:3-4).

My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. (Psa. 89:34).

It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah. (Psa. 89:37)

BTW - you are far from a Pharisee, but it is nice to have a loyal friend in the trenches.

Purity

HAS THE COVENANT WITH DAVID BEEN FULFILLED?

daq said:
It is therefore Annas himself which surely realizes these things and with these things the fact that he is about to lose his power if such things were allowed to come to pass or become known and understood to the people. We see in the Gospel of Luke where both Annas and Caiaphas are called the High Priests, (plural) in the same year because Annas ruled from behind the scenes:
And Annas the high priest - Acts 4:6NET

Daq, Annas was not the actual high priest (see John 18:13) he was the most influential, and still bore this title of respect, with his son-in-law, Caiaphas, deferring to him. It appears there were a number of rulers living at the same time! (Luke 3:2). The succession of high priests at the time was irregular, and their tenure of office uncertain, as it was dependent upon the caprice of civil rulers who appointed them at their pleasure.

I omitted to say I agree with your comment about Annas controlling like Putin and Medvedev.

daq said:
Yeshua answered them; Is it not written in your law, "I said, elohim you are?" If he called them elohim, unto whom the Word of Elohim had come, and the scripture cannot be broken; Do you say of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, "Thou blasphemest!" because I said, "A son of the Elohim I am?" ("Huios tou Theou eimi?"). :)

How can a Christian believe in the trinity after reading John 10:35NET; 1 Cor 15:20; James 1:18 ?

Reactions: daq

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Purity said:
BTW - you are far from a Pharisee, but it is nice to have a loyal friend in the trenches.

Purity

Speaking of loyal Warrior Friends of the King:

1 Chronicles 11:10-19 KJV
10. These also are the chief of the mighty men whom David had, who strengthened themselves with him in his kingdom, and with all Israel, to make him king, according to the word of the Lord concerning Israel.
11. And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.
12. And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo, the Ahohite, who was one of the three mighties.
13. He was with David at Pasdammim, and there the Philistines were gathered together to battle, where was a parcel of ground full of barley; and the people fled from before the Philistines.
14. And they set themselves in the midst of that parcel, and delivered it, and slew the Philistines; and the Lord saved them by a great deliverance.
15. Now three of the thirty captains went down to the rock to David, into the cave of Adullam; and the host of the Philistines encamped in the valley of Rephaim.
16. And David was then in the hold, and the Philistines' garrison was then at Bethlehem.
17. And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, that is at the gate!
18. And the three brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: but David would not drink of it, but poured it out to the Lord.
19. And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest.

Eleazar son of Dodo was one of the Three Mighties and of course that is not just a coincidence with Reply #38 above. :)

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Of course it has
Is your Lord sitting upon David's throne in Jerusalem?

And the LORD hath performed his word that he spake, and I am risen up in the room of David my father, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built an house for the name of the LORD God of Israel. (1 Kings 8:20).

Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; (Acts 2:29-30).

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. (Matt. 1:1).

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (Luke 1:32).

I believe there are some minor details yet to be fulfilled.

Purity

Will Christ occupy the throne of David?

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Purity said:
Is your Lord sitting upon David's throne in Jerusalem?

And the LORD hath performed his word that he spake, and I am risen up in the room of David my father, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built an house for the name of the LORD God of Israel. (1 Kings 8:20).

Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; (Acts 2:29-30).

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. (Matt. 1:1).

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (Luke 1:32).

I believe there are some minor details yet to be fulfilled.

Purity

Will Christ occupy the throne of David?
Walk according to the Spirit and it will become reality in its appointed times just as sure as Daniel of Judah was made the third ruler of his dominion in the night that Belshazzar-Belteshazzar was slain. Hope you have been paying close attention here. There are two "thrones" in the following image file, (Yeshua is he that searches the reins and hearts). :)

anatomic-36.gif

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Of course he is. David's throne is authority, not geographic location.
Have ye not read 1 Cor 15:46NET?

Micah 4:2NET
Isa 2:3NET
Jer 31:12NET
Jer 50:5NET
Zec 8:21-22NET
Zec 8:20-22NET
Zec 14:16-19NET

God's Capital yet to be established Jer 3:17NET; Micah 4:2NET; Isa 52:1-2NET; Isa 62:1-7

What good is a Kings authority if he has no subjects to rule over?

Purity

daq said:
Walk according to the Spirit and it will become reality in its appointed times...
Few understand the reality Daq because they have spiritualised those thing which are not yet reality in the earth. Heaven going and Hell going have polluted the minds of Christians so they no longer have the faith of Abraham. Heb 11:10

They look for Heavenly abodes for fear of a superstitious fiery place of torment which has no place in Bible teaching other than the fear of remaining in the grave forever. Prov 21:16

Purity

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Micah 4:2NET - What do you think has been happening for the past nearly 2000 years? Did nobody send you a memo?
Isa 2:3NET - ditto
Jer 31:12NET - ditto
Jer 50:5NET - ditto
Zec 8:21-22NET - ditto
Zec 8:20-22NET - ditto
God's Capital yet to be established Jer 3:17NET; Micah 4:2NET; Isa 52:1-2NET; Isa 62:1-7 - ditto

Who do you think we are? Do you seriously think he is not ruling over the affairs of men right now?

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Micah 4:2NET - What do you think has been happening for the past nearly 2000 years? Did nobody send you a memo?
Isa 2:3NET - ditto
Jer 31:12NET - ditto
Jer 50:5NET - ditto
Zec 8:21-22NET - ditto
Zec 8:20-22NET - ditto
God's Capital yet to be established Jer 3:17NET; Micah 4:2NET; Isa 52:1-2NET; Isa 62:1-7 - ditto

Who do you think we are? Do you seriously think he is not ruling over the affairs of men right now?
Go back and read the Bible verses and ask yourself "has this been fulfilled?"

Is Jesus Christ ruling from Jerusalem? If the memo was sent, then "by whom" and "to who?"

Have Israel made Christ their King? Has there been a coronation I missed? Has Judah and Israel united and the twelve Apostles are now ruling over the twelve tribes of Israel?

Your ditto's seem childish (understanding) when clearly you have so many passages of Scripture "unfulfilled"

Lets take Micah 4:2NET for example:

Show us when "many nations have come to Jerusalem to be taught of God through the Lord Jesus Christ?" Year by year mind you!
Show us where Israel has been a superior nation amidst the nations?
Show us when and how Israel have become a a kingdom of priests by mediating between God and the people of the world (see Exo 19:6).

You say its been happening for nigh on 2000 years and yet today we have Judiasm, Catholicism, Islam all fighting over its land and you say "Jerusalem has become the source of instruction concerning Yahweh and His will in the earth"

Have you witnessed the destruction of the armed might of Gentiles by the awesome Power of God? Has Jerusalem become a Holy City? A dwelling place for God? Joel 3:9-17NET. Notice how Micah uses similar language to Isaiah 2? But adds Micah 4:4 - now I may have missed this memo, it appears I missed a lot, maybe I am not on the distribution list ;) but show me where every man is under his fig tree? Show us the incredible agricultural environment this coming of the Lord will bring.

We must be reading different Bibles.

Purity

John 14:2,3

He told you what he is doing so you are without excuse in not understanding these prophecies.

Purity

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Go back and read the Bible verses and ask yourself "has this been fulfilled?"

uh yeah. they are being fulfilled as we speak.

Is Jesus Christ ruling from Jerusalem? If the memo was sent, then "by whom" and "to who?"

uh yeah - But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, and to tens of thousands of angels, to the festal gathering Hebrews 12:22

Have Israel made Christ their King? Has there been a coronation I missed? Has Judah and Israel united and the twelve Apostles are now ruling over the twelve tribes of Israel?

GOD makes Christ king, not Israel - I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Daniel 7:13-14

Your ditto's seem childish (understanding) when clearly you have so many passages of Scripture "unfulfilled" -

whatever

Lets take Micah 4:2NET for example:
Show us when "many nations have come to Jerusalem to be taught of God through the Lord Jesus Christ?" Year by year mind you! Many nations = many peoples; not nation-states.

Show us where Israel has been a superior nation amidst the nations? - But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s possession, so that you may proclaim the virtues of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light, 1 Peter 2:9

Show us when and how Israel have become a a kingdom of priests by mediating between God and the people of the world (see Exo 19:6). - ditto (whatever)

You say its been happening for nigh on 2000 years and yet today we have Judiasm, Catholicism, Islam all fighting over its land and you say "Jerusalem has become the source of instruction concerning Yahweh and His will in the earth" - But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, and to tens of thousands of angels, to the festal gathering Hebrews 12:22

Have you witnessed the destruction of the armed might of Gentiles by the awesome Power of God? Has Jerusalem become a Holy City? A dwelling place for God? Joel 3:9-17NET. Notice how Micah uses similar language to Isaiah 2? But adds Micah 4:4 - now I may have missed this memo, it appears I missed a lot, maybe I am not on the distribution list ;) but show me where every man is under his fig tree? Show us the incredible agricultural environment this coming of the Lord will bring.

GOD's reign is progressive until the temple is built. Then - KABOOM!!