Proclaim Presentation Software?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if any of you here are involved, but does anyone use church presentation software?

We have a copy of Easy Worship 2007 and were looking at upgrading as well as the various alternatives. I'd rather not spend a fortune on this software, but I'm a little disappointed with EW's releases being quite slow; I'm not sure how quickly they'd adapt if something came up.

Logos has released a new software program called Proclaim, and it's a cloud-based solution. I like the idea of the actual presentation being in the cloud, and you don't have the expensive limitations of some of the other software like ProPresenter and Mediashout where you need multiple copies across multiple computers. In fact, even with a monthly subscription model, it compares quite favorably.

I've begun playing around with it at home, but I'm not sure it's 100% ready for Sunday mornings. I'm wondering if I should wait this out, or would someone recommend something else? I like the idea of our pastor one day having the ability to use an iPad to control his sermon. I feel like it would give him that added bit of control in the middle of a sermon so he doesn't have to let me know to go back a slide or something.

Right now we are using Google Apps and Windows Media Player, essentially. I don't want media to be the central focus, but the obviously quality issues do not do justice for God in my eyes. (Not that he needs justice, but he endowed his creation with creativity that I don't think we tap into sometimes.)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MediaShout is good stuff... http://www.mediashout.com/store/software/product/mediashout-version-4/