Proclaiming the Word Means?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an angel. Not a spirit. He was seen going bodily - and he was not the 1st man to go to heaven bodily. Why do you have to go beyond what Scripture says and speculate about such things?

The Bible states he was raised a spirit, therefore returned as such. May I ask what you believe the meaning of this passage is Wrangler:
(1 Corinthians 15:45-51) . . .So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, what is spiritual is not first. What is physical is first, and afterward what is spiritual. 47 The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one. 50 But I tell you this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom, nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We will not all fall asleep in death, but we will all be changed,

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Why do you ask?

Because your post is answered. Somewhere along the line you have become convinced that Jesus was the foretold Messiah. Those whom Paul was addressing had not yet. So his proclamation of word was to reason on the Scriptures to prove to them Jesus was the Messiah. No doubt we are in agreement on this. The point I was making however is that is just a small point of the Kingdom message. It is true that Jesus identified himself as the Messiah, but he taught so much more, in fact most of what he did was not even put into the Bible Jn 21:25

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It refers to the difference between our regular, Earthly bodies and our spiritual, glorified bodies, which is our inheritance.

Yes Wrangler I agree, Jesus was the first among the firstfruits sir. Who is the last Adam sir?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that Jesus identified himself as the Messiah, but he taught so much more
Hmmm. It seems to me that we are having 2 different conversations. While it is true that there is a whole lot more to mathematics, I'm focused in this thread on what 1 + 1 =.

I'm not disputing he taught so much more. Why are you intent on going beyond the scope of this thread?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. It seems to me that we are having 2 different conversations. While it is true that there is a whole lot more to mathematics, I'm focused in this thread on what 1 + 1 =.

I'm not disputing he taught so much more. Why are you intent on going beyond the scope of this thread?

I guess one forgets what they post as time goes on Wrangler, and of course each post is in answer to the previous post. If you go back to your original start of the thread, this was your question:
Proclaiming the Word Means?
Discussion in 'Bible Study Forum' started by Wrangler, Sep 14, 2022.
I think you will find through our series of conversations that all of them was based on that question sir. We even got more pointed on the exactness of Acts 18:5. I gathered that since you asked the question, that you desired an answer to it, perhaps you wanted a different answer.