Projection, identification, exchange, displacement, holiness, salvation, meaning, awe

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So there is a clear line of interpretation between what God did on the cross, and what happened at the resurrection. Jesus became sin. That is the short of it; but also, "that we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Cor 5:21). The point is that there is a continuity between what those at the cross saw, and what those at the resurrection experienced. There is a transcendence, which effects praise to God, through righteousness, the life of which, frees the soul and with conviction, begins the process of redemption. The Bible promises that we will be known just as we know ourselves, this is the process by which that coming to be known works - God delivering the soul, to Heaven, where it can rest for eternity, if it so wills.

So how does this line of interpretation of the cross begin? It begins with a presumption that if Jesus is paying for the sins of the world, He must have some idea of what the sin entails. This is the restraint that began with the angel blocking the way to Eden, Man falling out of favour with God and sin becoming the object of his intentions. When we see Jesus on the cross, therefore, we see what we think our sin most wants to see (that is an awkward phrasing I know, I am trying to create an image of sin being birthed in us) - in simple terms, to the murderer Christ looks like a greater murderer, to the fornicator Christ looks like a greater fornicator. The fact that He is dying for sin, amplifies the work of the conscience, in relation to the knowledge of good and evil on the cross. Christ does not do away with the knowledge of good and evil, but rather puts it in connection with the Law, by which we see that our sin was leading to death - indeed a greater death, than we had previously imagined.

This projection then, is met with identification - Jesus sees His Seed prolonged, when his blood is offered as a sacrifice for sin. Jesus identifies with our projection, and begins to manifest strength. This strength, then, in the Holy Spirit, is exchanged for our weakness, that we could do nothing about our sin, without Jesus, even at the projection which grows in us, as we see Christ suffer for our sin, in the way that we mean it. We come to relate to His identifying with us, such that we begin to slow down, our desire to see the fruit of our sin manifest in Him on the cross. We start to feel compassion. This compassion, then the Holy Spirit cuts off and gives to us, that we might have the root of our projection hidden within us. We think this means to satisfy our sin, but in fact it sets us apart, we no longer have a dead conscience, but one that is alive to sacrifice. The Law then, gives way to mercy.

With mercy, Christ begins to die to the conceit that the Creation of Sin was His "doing" and the Holy Spirit cuts off the Rejection of God, for that conceit. With the conceit cut off, the root of sin, in connection with the knowledge of good and evil, causes the desire to sin, to be displaced. Displacing the desire for sin, the sacrifice made for the sinner, is complete. Jesus thus, is able to die to Himself and to cease to identify solely with the sinner that was at the cross, but with the sinner that is waiting to be freed of sin - at the Resurrection. This is the power of the Resurrection, that in holiness the obstacle caused by sin, can be removed and the connection to God, in the freedom of Sin paid for, can be restored. Christ no longer looks like a murderer to the murderer, but a man of peace despite murder; Christ no longer looks like a fornicator to the fornicator, but a man of restraint despite fornication. The answer is there! We get to exchange our old righteousness (our rags), for new clothes! Thus the Holy Spirit is able to bring conviction to light, by which Salvation can begin, if we are willing.

This is the arm of the Lord, and it is awesome to behold; Salvation can begin! All we need to do, is remain grateful for the work that has been done for us, not just in thought, but in surrender. The Holy Spirit must work His Salvation out for us, while we wait on Him, but every bit more grateful we become, is added to the Glory we receive with our Father in Heaven - in other words, our surrender only ever becomes easier and lighter. Lastly, the Holy Spirit cuts down the tree of offence, that had once grown in our heart and puts it to us, that we ought to repent. Not only accepting Christ's sacrifice, and becoming grateful, but diligently repenting of our sins, for which so great a sacrifice was required. If you can do this, your salvation will become something noone can take from you. The Holy Spirit becomes one with us and our spirit is quickened, and we begin to enter Heavenly realms, where sin is dead forever. This is something, amazing, isn't it? Surely we can express our awe, at all this, that it was so magnificently worked out in God, before Man was able to tell which way his sin was going...

I hope you appreciate the depth of this, its meaning - the Gospel is for every creature, we must not dispel even the slightest thing that points to the cross. Let him who is unclean be unclean; him who is filthy be filthy; him who is righteous be righteous; and him who is holy be holy - as it said in Revelation. Everything will work together for good, for those who love the Lord (letters). Indeed it is a fine day, where I am now: praise the Lord.

God bless.

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My faith in this, has only grown since I wrote this. I no longer have anything against another man's sin. I see it on the cross, where it will stay!

A greater sinner? What foolishness did I want! Greater sin turned from and repented of, now that is greater!

The sinners of our Age, will fall!