Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

And that is what you do, is it not, you use your idol to tell the rest of us we are wrong, all it seems you have is your learning

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

It is what happens when men put there idols up before God.
If you can prove the three persons of the Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were not present at Jesus' baptism, your accusations are just. But until then, you are misjudging me.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

You tell me!!

Reading this Site...members all post saying- " THIS is the truth"
You and someone else were 'going at it' in another thread...you can't BOTH be right!!!! Therefore, it MUST be how each person interprets the word. Either that...or , you are saying that it is the fault of the Holy Spirit who has spoken something different each believer on here!!

Everyone can't be right... Although you and @justbyfaith both believe that you each are...
We all have the same scriptures. And in this case, they clearly state that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were all present during Jesus' baptism. This is what the irrefutable Trinity the thread is about.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, I do not think that I am in disagreement with @Dave L for the most part. For I believe in the Trinity. it is Tritheism that I have an issue with; and it is one of my missions to show forth a more accurate understanding of the Trinity that refutes that heresy: because many who say that they believe in the Trinity actually have a concept of God that is more in line with Tritheism than the true Trnity.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you can prove the three persons of the Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were not present at Jesus' baptism, your accusations are just. But until then, you are misjudging me.

Well actually had to read. but what has that Got to do with the Trinity lie, We have God who sits up in heaven, we had His word in Christ Jesus as the man Christ, which is not God but a part of God just as your words are a part of you, and we have His spirit who is given to all men whom believe, than we have Christ who sits at the Right hand of power (God) and we have His spirit that dwells in again those that believe, God is the father of Christ by His word and Marys faith, Jesus did not become Gods son till later at His baptism, born the son of man made the son of God. God laughs at mens stupidity.

D

Dave L

Well actually had to read. but what has that Got to do with the Trinity lie, We have God who sits up in heaven, we had His word in Christ Jesus as the man Christ, which is not God but a part of God just as your words are a part of you, and we have His spirit who is given to all men whom believe, than we have Christ who sits at the Right hand of power (God) and we have His spirit that dwells in again those that believe, God is the father of Christ by His word and Marys faith, Jesus did not become Gods son till later at His baptism, born the son of man made the son of God. God laughs at mens stupidity.
Jesus does not have a human spirit (person). He is God with a fully human nature and a fully divine nature. This means you not only do not understand the bible doctrine of the trinity, you also do not understand the bible doctrine on the deity of Christ. So you attack only your misconceptions and not the truth.

“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) (NET)

Last edited by a moderator:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We all have the same scriptures. And in this case, they clearly state that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were all present during Jesus' baptism. This is what the irrefutable Trinity the thread is about.
Well you see God is right, Jesus is right, the Holy Spirit is right, we are all wrong, men read the bible and study for years , than think because of all there study they are right, but they are the worst of all..

As I wrote before, just as the Israelite where impatient in waiting for Moses to bring Gods word to them and built themselves a golden calf. men through unbelief and their impatients have there golden calf, the bible to most Gods word to others, because they dont, wont or cant hear from Him so seek to prove to the world how smart they are, but just by there own words admit to how foolish they are. To others it is there religion so many idols in mens hearts.

D

Dave L

Well you see God is right, Jesus is right, the Holy Spirit is right, we are all wrong, men read the bible and study for years , than think because of all there study they are right, but they are the worst of all..

As I wrote before, just as the Israelite where impatient in waiting for Moses to bring Gods word to them and built themselves a golden calf. men through unbelief and their impatients have there golden calf, the bible to most Gods word to others, because they dont, wont or cant hear from Him so seek to prove to the world how smart they are, but just by there own words admit to how foolish they are. To others it is there religion so many idols in mens hearts.
But scripture teaches the trinity doctrine. You have yet to disprove the presence of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at Jesus' baptism. You attack only your lack of bible knowledge.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus does not have a human spirit (person). He is God with a fully human nature and a fully divine nature.

“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) (NET)
Never said He had a Human spirit, it is Gods word in the flesh of a man, so little understanding...

D

Dave L

Never said He had a Human spirit, it is Gods word in the flesh of a man, so little understanding...
You are saying Jesus is only a man who quotes scripture. And Jude 5 says he is God. And scripture says God exists in three persons. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All present at Jesus' baptism.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But scripture teaches the trinity doctrine. You have yet to disprove the presence of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit presents at Jesus' baptism. You attack only your lack of bible knowledge.
Scripture teaches no trinity as you are going on about it, for even the Spirit, can only sat what He has being told, if He was God He would not need to be told.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are saying Jesus is only a man who quotes scripture. And Jude 5 says he is God. And scripture says God exists in three persons. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All present at Jesus' baptism.

No it does not, how Could Jesus save them out of Egypt when He was not yet in existence.

Gods word was always in existence, Jesus is not God that is why God gave Him all things, are you so blind, how does God give Himself what He already has, or raise Himself above Himself.

So blind

B

brakelite

The Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit are of the same eternal essence and power as the Father, which answers to all Three being referred to as God. I believe the significant difference Scripture reveals is within Their positions, in which position the Father is the “greatest” (Jhn 10:29; 14:28).

Though Scripture occasionally refers to the Son and the Spirit as God, it refers mostly to Jesus being the Son of God or the Son of the Father, which I believe are the positions They desire us mainly to consider Christ, because the work of creation and redemption is best understood by these primary positions and titles. There is greater redemptive character in referring to Christ as the Son of God than any other title!

This also answers to why we see it mostly written as “the Son of God” and the Spirit of God, but not the Father of God, because the Father is God! Hence nearly all (except a few) of Paul’s epistles beginning with “God our Father.”

Blessings!
The question that raises though is this....
Did the Father really send a literal Son to our planet in order to redeem man, or did one of the co-equal members of the trinity come and take on the title "Son", another member of the trinity taking on the title "Father"? So are they literal Father and Son, or merely metaphors offered by God in an effort to give us greater understanding?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Father really send a literal Son to our planet in order to redeem man, or did one of the co-equal members of the trinity come and take on the title "Son", another member of the trinity taking on the title "Father"? So are they literal Father and Son, or merely metaphors offered by God in an effort to give us greater understanding?
Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
[17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Tecarta Bible Premium

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we had His word in Christ Jesus as the man Christ, which is not God but a part of God

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1.

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. Psalms 90:2.

Jesus did not become Gods son till later at His baptism,

That is an abject heresy in denial of the doctrine of the Deity of Christ; which doctrine is essential for salvation, John 8:24. Proven by John 8:58 and the response of the Pharisees in John 8:59 and John 10:31-33; for they understood that He was claiming to be the Lord God; because of Exodus 3:14 which He was alluding to in claiming to be the great I AM. Also Luke 1:35 implies that Jesus is the Son of God because the Holy Spirit overshadowed the virgin Mary in the conception of Jesus. And therefore Jesus would be the Son of God from His very conception. See also Isaiah 9:6 in light of Psalms 90:2.

But scripture teaches the trinity doctrine.

Be careful not to sound like a motorboat.

for even the Spirit, can only say what He has being told, if He was God He would not need to be told.

That is merely an argument that is demolished by the weapons of our warfare. Acts of the Apostles 5:3-4 shows clearly that the Holy Spirit is God.

No it does not, how Could Jesus save them out of Egypt when He was not yet in existence.

He was preincarnate as the Father; of course He existed.

The answer to this is that God (the Father) descended to become a Man; thus forming the 2nd Person of the Trinity, who is the same Spirit, Lord, and God as the Father.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God never descended for heaven to do anything, He had no need to, He just sent His word, that became Christ in the flesh, and His word never returns void. just as God spoke His word and poof here we have the world. How foolish is religion.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never descended for heaven to do anything, He had no need to, He just sent His word, that became Christ in the flesh, and His word never returns void. just as God spoke His word and poof here we have the world. How foolish is religion.
See Ephesians 4:10.

And the scripture is clear in its affirmation that Jesus Christ is the Lord God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See Ephesians 4:10.

And the scripture is clear in its affirmation that Jesus Christ is the Lord God.
Gods Word is always a part of God there fore Jesus is a part of God just as the Holy Spirit is doesnt make them God.

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Now if the Holy Spirit is God hoe come it is he can only speak what He hears, any one would think that God would know what He needs to say.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if the Holy Spirit is God hoe come it is he can only speak what He hears, any one would think that God would know what He needs to say.
It is simply an argument that is demolished by the weapons of our warfare. Acts of the Apostles 5:3-4 makes it clear that the Holy Spirit is God.