Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot say he is in any true sense. Because you cannot properly define Lord. It takes Holy Spirit revelation to say Jesus is Lord in truth and you cannot do this.
I say to you unequivocably that the Jesus of the Bible is the Lord of my life and the Lord of all creation. Can you say the same in the light of the verses presented?

D

Dave L

There is one Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 8:6, 1 Corinthians 12:3).

And the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).
If you cannot see the three persons called God present at Jesus baptism, you cannot say Jesus is Lord in any true sense.

D

Dave L

I say to you unequivocably that the Jesus of the Bible is the Lord of my life and the Lord of all creation. Can you say the same in the light of the verses presented?
You have only an idol you apply Jesus' name to. Just as the Israelites gave their golden calf his name.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot see the three persons called God present at Jesus baptism, you cannot say Jesus is Lord in any true sense.

I see all three "Persons" as the same Spirit, the same Lord, and the same God (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

You have only an idol you apply Jesus' name to. Just as the Israelites gave their golden calf his name.

No, that is you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take the log out of your eye before you try to take the speck out of your brother's. You're just mad because I have exposed you as a Tritheist.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son = false doctrine.
Not exactly...not the way you put it right there...you have taken my words out of context the way you misunderstood them; when I was merely trying to help people to understand the doctrine.

D

Dave L

Not exactly...not the way you put it...you have taken my words out of context the way you misunderstood them; when I was merely trying to help people to understand the doctrine.
You said this several times.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back and read what I wrote with some understanding before judging and condemning me, then.

See Luke 6:37 and Isaiah 54:17.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no guarantee you will go to heaven because your faith is in yourself to earn salvation.
Not a chance. I am saved by grace through faith in my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; I am forgiven through His shed blood. I am predestinated to be one of His elect. Acts of the Apostles 2:39, Romans 8:30.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What teachers do you listen to? How well do you know them? You would never have come up with your beliefs apart from them.
A long time ago, I learned from the Catholic priests and nuns. Then I learned from the Oneness Jesus only Pentecostals. Then I learned from an unnamed group who often call themselves the body of Christ. From each of these as I was drawn by God something not good was left behind as "I came out of her".

The real connection to the final one of those mentioned was severed more than 10 years ago. The last remaining strand of that connection was cut somewhat later than that, but now I do not walk unconnected to anyone. My connection is to the Head, which is Jesus, as it should be by means of the Holy Spirit. I always knew this needed to be without understanding it. Still the understanding is as through a glass darkly but it is clearer than ever it was before. There is no man I have known that could lead me along this pathway toward the "then" of I Cor 13:12. Yet, when I do quench the Spirit within me that would lead, I am led closer to that "face to face" vision which Moses desired and for which David sought.

Give God the glory!

D

Dave L

A long time ago, I learned from the Catholic priests and nuns. Then I learned from the Oneness Jesus only Pentecostals. Then I learned from an unnamed group who often call themselves the body of Christ. From each of these as I was drawn by God something not good was left behind as "I came out of her".

The real connection to the final one of those mentioned was severed more than 10 years ago. The last remaining strand of that connection was cut somewhat later than that, but now I do not walk unconnected to anyone. My connection is to the Head, which is Jesus, as it should be by means of the Holy Spirit. I always knew this needed to be without understanding it. Still the understanding is as through a glass darkly but it is clearer than ever it was before. There is no man I have known that could lead me along this pathway toward the "then" of I Cor 13:12. Yet, when I do quench the Spirit within me that would lead, I am led closer to that "face to face" vision which Moses desired and for which David sought.

Give God the glory!
As far as I know, you struck out both times.

D

Dave L

Not a chance. I am saved by grace through faith in my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; I am forgiven through His shed blood. I am predestinated to be one of His elect. Acts of the Apostles 2:39, Romans 8:30.
Are you a Calvinist?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but you twist the scriptures into your oneness scheme.
Or perhaps he [ @justbyfaith ] has allowed himself to be drawn closer to the Truth than your present mind-set would permit. Remember, Pontius Pilate's question? For Pilate there was no answer, even though before him stood the answer in the flesh of a man. How blind is a man who refuses to open his eyes?