Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Or perhaps he [ @justbyfaith ] has allowed himself to be drawn closer to the Truth than your present mind-set would permit. Remember, Pontius Pilate's question? For Pilate there was no answer, even though before him stood the answer in the flesh of a man. How blind is a man who refuses to open his eyes?
But you cannot reject truth and accept Christ who is truth personified.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot see the three persons called God present at Jesus baptism, you cannot say Jesus is Lord in any true sense.
So then even though it is not so stated anywhere in scripture, you are saying that anyone who fails to embrace the trinity doctrine as God's truth cannot serve the Lord? Even many trinitarians will not insist on that because they recognize that belief in the trinity itself is only believed rather than known. Do we not live for God by faith rather than by knowledge?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy
D

Dave L

So then even though it is not so stated anywhere in scripture, you are saying that anyone who fails to embrace the trinity doctrine as God's truth cannot serve the Lord? Even many trinitarians will not insist on that because they recognize that belief in the trinity itself is only believed rather than known. Do we not live for God by faith rather than by knowledge?
A false doctrine about Christ = a false Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reject the historic doctrine and repackage your misconceptions under the same name.
Congratulations. You have just led me to truly deny the Trinity. Because if what I believe in is not the Trinity, then I do believe what I believe, based on the scriptures that I have presented throughout this thread.

Fortunately, there is nothing in the Bible that says that believing in the Trinity is essential for salvation. The Deity of Christ, yes; The Trinity, no.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless I believe that what I have presented is the true explanation of the Godhead; even the true Trinity.

D

Dave L

Congratulations. You have just led me to truly deny the Trinity. Because if what I believe in is not the Trinity, then I do believe what I believe, based on the scriptures that I have presented throughout this thread.

Fortunately, there is nothing in the Bible that says that believing in the Trinity is essential for salvation. The Deity of Christ, yes; The Trinity, no.
Just that a false idea of God = idol worship.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

AMEN!!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, man...you seem to want to have the last word, so I'll give it to you right there...this has been a wonderful striving session (see 2 Timothy 2:24).

D

Dave L

Okay, man...you seem to want to have the last word, so I'll give it to you right there...this has been a wonderful striving session (see 2 Timothy 2:24).
False doctrine concerning Christ = idol worship.