Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Simple Question:
How can the Mods allow a thread to get so far off track
that people are scurrying down multiple rabbit holes
without being shown the way out?
wadr the thread got off track right here imo
At the moment you were born-again …
you were only forgiven of the sins you had committed up to that point in time!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are writing your own creed here, while condemning those more learned than you for writing theirs..............

No Dave. I am not "writing a Creed" and asking anyone to vow allegience to a written Creed.

I have said repeatedly, I Trust All of Scripture is True. I don't require an additional man-made CREED. I am not required to satisfied men, by making a deceleration to adhere to a man-made Creed, for my own satisfaction or the satisfaction of other men.

You may like reading creeds created by men, then thumbing through pages of Scripture to see if what it says be true.

I have choose to go directly to the Scriptures, skipping the step YOU choose.

And because I choose to go Directly to the Source....you make ridiculous comments to me. Then you want to argue about it.

Dude ~ get over it. You apparently get some gratification declaring you are associated with your chosen CREED club. (And there are numerous CREEDS a person can thumb through and Vow their allegience to....)

I chose to skip all the man-made declarations, and labeling....and spend my time reading and learning what the Lord has provided for me.

You do not have to LIKE my choice....but then it is NOT YOU, that I elected to Follow, or make a VOW to.

Accept it.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

No Dave. I am not "writing a Creed" and asking anyone to vow allegience to a written Creed.

I have said repeatedly, I Trust All of Scripture is True. I don't require an additional man-made CREED. I am not required to satisfied men, by making a deceleration to adhere to a man-made Creed, for my own satisfaction or the satisfaction of other men.

You may like reading creeds created by men, then thumbing through pages of Scripture to see if what it says be true.

I have choose to go directly to the Scriptures, skipping the step YOU choose.

And because I choose to go Directly to the Source....you make ridiculous comments to me. Then you want to argue about it.

Dude ~ get over it. You apparently get some gratification declaring you are associated with your chosen CREED club. (And there are numerous CREEDS a person can thumb through and Vow their allegience to....)

I chose to skip all the man-made declarations, and labeling....and spend my time reading and learning what the Lord has provided for me.

You do not have to LIKE my choice....but then it is NOT YOU, that I elected to Follow, or make a VOW to.

Accept it.

Glory to God,
Taken
Opinions are no different from creeds. Except the creeds withstood the test of challenges over the years.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Opinions are no different from creeds.

Thanks for sharing Creeds are simply OPINIONS.

Thanks for sharing you favor believing OTHER mens OPINIONS.

Except the creeds withstood the test of challenges over the years.

Thanks for sharing some CREEDS have been challenged and accomplished defending their Opinions.

Do you even realize how much time you have spent promoting, defending and trying to encourage other people to join WITH YOU, in one or more of YOUR CHOSEN CREED CLUBS?

You have been TOLD FLAT OUT, I am not interested.... I have already Chosen to SKIP past reading and vowing to OPINIONS of men....and have already made my VOW to the Lord Himself, and His WORD.

And your response has been......basically, ya, ya, BUT, BUT, BUT......my choosing to submit to the Lord is not sufficient.....that I should instead hop on YOUR CREED bandwagon.

Are you so ignorant that you fail to notice being in Agreement with and vowing To the Lord....IS Sufficient AND the ultimate goal?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is scripture no matter where written.

And? .....guessing, you are implying "portions" of Scripture are contained within the CREEDS you are promoting.....??

And? What? You are promoting "portions" of Scripture TRUMP the WHOLE of Scripture....that I Favor ?

Got it. LOL

You failed to respond to the same questioned you asked me.....

No need, you repeatedly reveal your immaturity in the Word of God....

I would suggest you spend more time Learning the Lords Way, than promoting mans way.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

And? .....guessing, you are implying "portions" of Scripture are contained within the CREEDS you are promoting.....??

And? What? You are promoting "portions" of Scripture TRUMP the WHOLE of Scripture....that I Favor ?

Got it. LOL

You failed to respond to the same questioned you asked me.....

No need, you repeatedly reveal your immaturity in the Word of God....

I would suggest you spend more time Learning the Lords Way, than promoting mans way.

Glory to God,
Taken
But where would we be without teachers? Why did God put them in the church? For us to ignore?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But where would we be without teachers? Why did God put them in the church? For us to ignore?

What is your point?

Sounds like you are promoting MEN teachers, over THEE Teacher, Christ Jesus Himself?

Apparently you are stuck in the "introduction stage"..... for which manKIND of TEACHERS are appointed.

Seems you have not paid attention to what I have said to you.....I am not wandering and wondering and trying to find a manKIND of teacher to INTRODUCE me TO the Lords Word, dictate Which of His Words I should be studying, or have the need for a person to Read TO me.

Perhaps not convential or acceptable to you...
But again; it is not your acceptance that concerns me.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How quick should we condemn others in our ignorance about what they are teaching?
But I am not condemning you. If you are not believing and working as God requires, you are condemned already by the only One whose judgment ultimately matters. If I or any of these others on this thread and forum are not believing and working as God requires we are condemned already. No need for anyone to point a finger to condemn.

If our purpose is to correct someone we believe is walking and/or teaching in error then we should provide the reason, hopefully including scriptures, as to why correction is needed. All you have done is said that I and/or others are wrong without explanation other than that such and such supposedly respected and/or educated man or men, and/or the majority of some group, have decided against me. You are certainly entitled to go along with them, but I and others would like to have a bit more than that... You don't seem to be willing or able to do that. If you cannot, then simply say so. If you can, then please do so. If you are unable but unwilling then say that but don't expect us to follow you or your experts blindly.

Reactions: Taken and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and the heir is under servants until he inherits
ergo if you fear God you should def be in a congregation and learning under their teachers imo
and in that case i would suggest a Catholic one, just so the relationship is made very clear

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds nice, but blatant rejection of the truth speaks of other conditions of the heart.
You have decided that what you have is the truth, but I do not believe you have all of the truth and some parts of what you seem to have to me seem to be wrong. You are unwilling to really discuss certain points. This is your choice but calling what I have and what I live by a 'blatant rejection of truth' is perhaps your worst error and this is not because I am right and you are wrong regarding what truth is... .

I guess there is no point in saying more as you have already rendered final judgment seemingly in place of God. You should really consider what position you have taken for your self.

Reactions: bbyrd009

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, teachers in the body of Christ are there ministering out of their spiritual gifts, many of them in the power of the Holy Spirit, and therefore we ought to discern who the faithful ones are and listen to them. Be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:11). Study to shew thyself approved (2 Timothy 2:15).

Accept words of exhortation, words of wisdom, and teaching from the pulpit as being from the Holy Spirit unless God raises a red flag in your mind when listening to that teacher, telling you in some way that they are not of Him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and the heir is under servants until he inherits
ergo if you fear God you should def be in a congregation and learning under their teachers imo
and in that case i would suggest a Catholic one, just so the relationship is made very clear
Even so. In spite of the many complaints heard here and elsewhere with regard to Catholicism, I for one learned good things from priests and nuns who were good to me. I have not been there with them for many years for my reasons and, I believe, God's, but I will always cherish the good memories of those people.

Reactions: bbyrd009
D

Dave L

You have decided that what you have is the truth, but I do not believe you have all of the truth and some parts of what you seem to have to me seem to be wrong. You are unwilling to really discuss certain points. This is your choice but calling what I have and what I live by a 'blatant rejection of truth' is perhaps your worst error and this is not because I am right and you are wrong regarding what truth is... .

I guess there is no point in saying more as you have already rendered final judgment seemingly in place of God. You should really consider what position you have taken for your self.
Just saying, if they haven't defeated the trinity doctrine by now it probably ain't gonna happen.

D

Dave L

But I am not condemning you. If you are not believing and working as God requires, you are condemned already by the only One whose judgment ultimately matters. If I or any of these others on this thread and forum are not believing and working as God requires we are condemned already. No need for anyone to point a finger to condemn.

If our purpose is to correct someone we believe is walking and/or teaching in error then we should provide the reason, hopefully including scriptures, as to why correction is needed. All you have done is said that I and/or others are wrong without explanation other than that such and such supposedly respected and/or educated man or men, and/or the majority of some group, have decided against me. You are certainly entitled to go along with them, but I and others would like to have a bit more than that... You don't seem to be willing or able to do that. If you cannot, then simply say so. If you can, then please do so. If you are unable but unwilling then say that but don't expect us to follow you or your experts blindly.
If you reject the truth of scripture, there's little left to run on.